Wedding Woes

Monday, first day of June

And all I can say is WTF??!

Re: Monday, first day of June

• edited June 2020
    Are you WTFing the mobile layout? Because WTF.

But also, America, I feel for you, my heart is with you, but get your shit together.

Eta: I hope that reads they way I meant it to. :/
  • Oh, no my layout’s the same.  I’m WTFing the weekend yeah. 

• How are you Pam? Everything okay?
  • Yeah, I agree with the sentiment.  The world is a scary, sad, and depressing place right now.  You'd think that with the pandemic there would be enough death, but it seems that people still want to hurt other people.  

• Desktop also WTF but the states also WTF
  • Side note, we did a distance visit with sFIL and MIL - M and I distanced, BabyKitten not. IL's in masks. They were dropping stuff for her and we said we were comfortable if they felt safe. SFIL was hesitant at first but caved very quickly, unfortunately it took BabyKitten a bit of time to warm up to him again. It's a male thing.
    Once he started doing familiar things, she was like "oh .... wait, I know you!"

Later we had donuts delivered and did a FB messanger video of SFIL, MIL, BIL, FSIL, FIL and my mum

FIL and his gf almost missed it because their priorities are fucked. I'm genuinely so annoyed. M had to call them. I msg'd 3x before the chat.
    BIL didn't even acknowledge him. There's drama and M won't ask and I don't feel like I could.
  • WTF for my laptop layout and for the state of our country. Nothing else.
  • Mobile format wtf. It seemed to fix itself after I re-logged in. 

My heart is so heavy and sad. This is all too much. And dealing with FIs family who keep texting the group family message about stuff they’ve seen on Fox is too much. LA county is under mandatory curfew. My dad works in DTLA. I’m a little worried because he definitely doesn’t understand and I could see him getting confrontational. I haven’t been able to talk to him this weekend but tbh I didn’t want to. He gets so heated and angry when I try to explain what’s happening and why. It’s like talking to a brick wall. 

Otherwise this weekend was good. FSIL and I met up for a social distanced walk and hike and it was nice to catch up. Plus it was a good workout. Back to the grind today but I’m feeling okay. *hugs* to everyone. 

• I find June 1st foreboding because it's the start of hurricane season.  I am especially praying no one needs to evacuate this year.  Not only is it a major problem because of the virus, but it's also disruptive and expensive to do that at a time when lots of people are short on cash or watching their finances carefully.  Not to mention the fallout if a bad hurricane makes landfall and wipes an area out.  This virus has been devastating and so are hurricanes.  It would be heartbreaking and dangerous to have both happen at the same time anywhere.

Sat. night was unreal and not in a good way.  As I've mentioned, the tenant on the other side of personal duplex sometimes stays there and often rents it out on Airbnb.  Needless to say, his Airbnb business has been nothing for the last couple months.  So I was pleased for him when I saw he had some guests come in on Sat.  At least initially.  OMG, they were unreal!!!  Not exaggerating, the worst guests he has ever had.  By far.  Though, to be fair, previous guests have had the French Quarter bars and dance clubs to go party in.  Those are closed right now.

Never mind it's a pandemic and, even by city ordinance, you can't have a gathering of more than 10 people.  They threw a raging party.  I don't even know how many guests they had.  Possibly a couple dozen.  At 1:30am, I called the police.  Normally I would have knocked and given one warning.  But there is no way I'm exposing myself to God knows how many people who obviously don't care about taking precautions.  Unfortunately, the police didn't come until 3am.  90 minutes later!!

While I was waiting, at 2:30am, I think some guests were leaving and some other people followed them out to say yell good-byes.  Then some of those guests decided to take residence on the shared porch and proceeded to have a conversation in loud AF voices.  At that point, I did open my door and asked them something like, "Why are you yelling in the middle of the street at 2:30 in the morning?  WTH is wrong with you?  Be quiet!"  One of the guys starts to apologize, but I'm already slamming my door.  They do all go back inside and, I think they even turned down the music, but it was still really loud.  My H went over and knocked on their door at 2:50am and complained.  The police showed up almost right after that and that was when the party finally ended.

My H also observed a bunch of people smoking inside the house, which is a MAJOR no-no.  Not just under my lease, but also in my tenant's Airbnb ad.

At any rate, that's a long story to say, "Some people suck.  They REALLY, REALLY suck and are huge POS."

I texted my tenant the next day to let him know what happened.  He was horrified also and apologized profusely.  I wasn't upset with him.  He does as good a job as you can with vetting guests for a vacation rental.  But sometimes you'll still end up with super sh***y people.  I also let him know in order to give him a heads up that they probably left the place a mess and, with that many people, might have also damaged the home and/or his furnishings.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I vacillate between having so many words and no words at all. And it’s the height of privilege that I say that. I can chose to turn off social media/the news when I’ve had enough, I don’t have sirens and helicopters non-stop in my neighborhood, and I don’t worry about my safety generally because I’m the person the cops are trained to protect. 

We had two nights of curfews but I doh t there will be a third. There was some damage and some stealing but nothing like what is happening elsewhere. 
  • I realize that DH and I are very fortunate to live in a community that does not have the same impact that I've seen with colleagues in Minneapolis.   I told my brother that we were at the beach yesterday and he asked, "Was it safe?" and I realized he wasn't joking when he mentioned what some of the cities in the state were experiencing.

I hate what is happening.

• ei34ei34 member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    Ugh the country is totally bleeding and so is my heart.  It's too much. 

My son woke up yesterday with a rash that Benadryl didn't really help, and by yesterday evening it was a fever too.  102 overnight on Tylenol led to maybe 2 hours of choppy sleep and the pediatrician bright and early for a Covid test.  We'll hear tomorrow.  All the fingers crossed please.  She said it's definitely viral and 14 other viruses were included on the test.  We'll hear tomorrow.  Kind of miss my week-long stretch of "SSDD's" from last week.
  • I'm back to work.  It took me 4+ hours t.o get up and running and I'm still not completely in.  There's enough to limp me along until desktop gets me fixed the rest of the way. It's ridiculously slow.  Also, they've changed the way work is fed to us and it's giving me FITS.  

I'm doubting my decision to come back today.  Even though it would have been the same down the line. 

Our weekend at home was quiet and productive.  Watching the nationwide news and what was going on here was heart-wrenching.  I was also in quite a headspace yesterday due to all that, returning to work, and the fact that today is a month, which it seems like forever and 5 min.  Ugh. 

What a damn day, month, year.  

• My heart is heavy today. I hate seeing the injustice in the world. I had a talk with my 4 year old about diversity and hearing her innocence both helped and hurt my heart.  My husband is police and I hate that so many see him as the enemy. I hope the majority still believe there are good officers out there but I am scared more so than usual that he will come home safe. Having two littles in the world today is weighing heavy on me.
  • I'm glad May is over. It was a rough month. The injustice, hate, racism and other ugliness in the world is painful. It makes me hate waking up in the mornings sometimes.

I keep hoping to wake up one day to see good news rather than bad. 

Then I remind myself that at a time when unemployment is spiraling, I have a good job. I have health insurance. My parents and loved ones are still alive. I'm doing better in a lot of ways since before the coronavirus.

I hope it stays that way for me and gets that way for those who aren't experiencing it.
  • Logging out and in didn't solve crazy layout. Ugh!
  • ei34 said:
    Ugh the country is totally bleeding and so is my heart.  It's too much. 

My son woke up yesterday with a rash that Benadryl didn't really help, and by yesterday evening it was a fever too.  102 overnight on Tylenol led to maybe 2 hours of choppy sleep and the pediatrician bright and early for a Covid test.  We'll hear tomorrow.  All the fingers crossed please.  She said it's definitely viral and 14 other viruses were included on the test.  We'll hear tomorrow.  Kind of miss my week-long stretch of "SSDD's" from last week.
    Hope he’s doing better this afternoon!!