Wedding Woes

Below Deck - TV show discussion

Re: Below Deck - TV show discussion

• kvrunskvruns member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its First Answer
    I finished up Sailing Yacht -- the reunion/tell-all was kind of lame to me. 

Watched the first episode of BD Med. I kind of wish they had a female chef so then it would be females in all of the top roles. I'm never good at remembering cast members from previous episodes so I forgot about Malia and is one of the guys also from a previous season or am I imagining that?
  • I don't think any of the guys are returning.  Malia was lead deckhand on a previous season.  One of the guys and the 3rd stew worked on a previous boat together. 

I heard Hannah gets fired mid-season this year.  I was kind of surprised she came back./was casted again after her and Sandy's major blow-ups last year and Sandy dressing her down at the end of the season.  I would love to see Sandy with another chief stew to see if it's her or if it's their dynamic.  

I'm sure the guys are going to be total asshats.  Malia needs to get the 'sweetheart' shit in check.  

Kiko is funny and seems sweet.  He also seems to be a good chef and the guest is just difficult.  A recap I listened to did a whole bit about how Kiko was sent to Putin's godson's yacht by mistake and Mila was sent to BD in error.  It was so fucking funny, with Putin's godson asking Kiko where his terrible nachos were.  
  • mrsconn23mrsconn23 member
    First Anniversary First Answer 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited June 2020
    Oh and I petered out on BD sailing yacht.  I could not do Adam and Jenna's bullshit.  Jenna was a total asshole and horrendous boss.  Adam was just being himself.  
  • kvrunskvruns member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its First Answer
    Oh that's right I remember that about 2 of them working on the same boat. Which wouldn't they have discussed it since they said it was just 2 months prior? Like you might know you were both up for the show.

It will be interesting to see how Kiko's season is, he seems so happy and fun whereas most of the chefs seem more moody.

I was surprised on Hannah too but I figure it was for the drama since they made it sound like she was done last season.
  • mrsconn23mrsconn23 member
    First Anniversary First Answer 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited June 2020
    kvruns said:

I was surprised on Hannah too but I figure it was for the drama since they made it sound like she was done last season.
    Yeah, I wonder if she was brought back to backdoor a new chief stew that will continue on in the upcoming season(s).  Which...I'm not even sure if they can film any of the BD's right now.

It will be interesting to see if they address COVID in subsequent seasons.  I don't see how they can't.  Also a big part of the cast's off times are going out, getting blitzed, and fighting or fucking each other.  That will probably change.  I wonder if they'll get more days off at private resorts/islands/etc. where they can be away from the general public but still be boozy and messy. 

I know it's trivial in the grand scheme, but it is an interesting thought exercise.  Reality TV is going to look so different, especially the ones on Bravo that follow people in their daily lives. 
  • I couldn't get into Sailing Yacht, and that sucked because I was really looking forward to it. 

I'm also surprised Hannah returned. I also saw that she either gets fired or leaves. I'm glad to see Malia back. Also, the lead deckhand needs to be put in his fucking place. 
  • I'm halfway through this week.  Holy shit at Lara.  She's insane.  I like Jessica. 

Malia needs to step up her game. These dudes are walking all over her. 
  • I'm about halfway through as well. Lara is so fucking rude! 
  • I think Lara watched last season of BD.  She's acting real familiar with Hannah.  She reminds me of Mila.  

Hannah has just as much attitude and I can see how working under her can be frustrating since she can be confusing in her instructions and retaliatory, but she is in charge.  Lara came in hot and is trying as hard as possible to undermine her. 
  • Hey everyone, I've been watching Below Deck lately...It's always so entertaining to see the drama unfold on the high seas.

• Hey everyone, I've been watching Below Deck lately...It's always so entertaining to see the drama unfold on the high seas.

Which Below Deck are you watching? The current one airing (with Captain Sandy filling in for Captain Lee)?
  • Weirdest vendor posts ever?
  • This for sure is the weirdest vendor post. Like, is this someone working for Bravo? I don't get it.