Wedding Woes

Wednesday

Whacky Wednesday.

Stayed up till 2:15 a.m. talking to a new guy.  We kept on saying it was “time to get off” at 11, 12, 1, and so on. LOL. Needless to say we have a lot in common and didn’t lack anything to talk about. 

Other than that, I want fall to come because I basically just purchased a fall wardrobe and it arrived yesterday. 

Re: Wednesday

• I'm on generator power here.   The wind took out trees and the local cell tower is down too.

I had a nice quiet night with DH and the kiddos are still with the ILs.   I had a lot of bubbly and my brain is fuzzy. 
  • Have a blast @climbingwife, sounds like a nice unwind to the summer. My friend is in the Hudson Valley and showed me some pics of her neighborhood.  She had NO sleep and no power for hours. She’s thinking of finding a hotel nearby so they can get some sleep. Stay safe all in this path of the storm! Hugs!

• Sending good vibes to all of the knotties recovering from the storm. 

I’m just trying to give myself a pep talk before work. Not that yesterday was awful, it’s just annoying to feel like I’m permanently behind. I didn’t sleep super well last night and had some weird dreams. I also didn’t get any down time last night. I worked all day, then came straight home, did a workout, then cleaned, then meal prepped. It’s just a lot for a work night. And I don’t even have kids. I don’t know how you guys with kids do it. 

Otherwise, SSDD. I’m hiking with FSIL tonight and it’s supposed to cool down to the low 90s the next two days so it should be really nice. The house is mostly clean now so the remainder of it shouldn’t be too bad tonight. FSIL and her FI are coming over this weekend and I’m so tired of rushing to clean on my days off. The weekend should be purely for recovery. 

Thinking of you @charlotte989875! I hope everything is progressing smoothly! 

• Have a blast @climbingwife, sounds like a nice unwind to the summer. My friend is in the Hudson Valley and showed me some pics of her neighborhood.  She had NO sleep and no power for hours. She’s thinking of finding a hotel nearby so they can get some sleep. Stay safe all in this path of the storm! Hugs!
    Yeah, we really got walloped. It's crazy! 
  • Good vibes for everyone in the path of the storm for swift recovery. That stuff is crazy! So glad no one has any damage. 

Quiet day here. I took the dog for a long walk this morning, and it was already humid by 8. I'm hoping that means some rain this afternoon. Tonight is sushi night. 

I'm looking for an accent chair for my office. I don't really have any color in here, so I want to do something bold. I'm trying to decide if I'll hate this in 3 years. 

https://www.wayfair.com/furniture/pdp/wrought-studio-salzmann-armchair-w002496101.html?piid=1266098218
  • I hope y'all in the storm's path don't have to do too much clean up!  Glad you all stayed safe. 

Last night, we had our monthly planning with scouts.  We held it at a park so we could socially distance.  This led to so much people watching, which did not disappoint.  This group of about 4 younger people (late teens/early 20's) showed up and one of the girls was holding something in her arms.  She gets to the path, sets it down, and it's a damn duck. They walked the whole park and the duck toddled along until the end where she picked it up and carried it the rest of the way. 

Tonight, DH's aunt and uncle are in town because there's drag racing at the raceway next to FIL's house.  DH's uncle is a software developer for drag racing and has a car himself.  I guess they're coming for dinner.  DH's aunt is extremely extra and sends incessant fb messages about the most random shit (SILs and I talk about it all the time).  I may need a nap before all this.  LOL

SSDD otherwise.  Middle of the week, bleh. 
  • Best wishes to all knotties affected by the storm. I hope you are in dry, safe places and that recovery in your areas doesn't take too long.

Routine day at work today. I kinda prefer that to excitement.
  • I shattered a bottle of perfume in my bathroom this morning and I cannot get it off me enough.  It's giving me a headache the smell is so strong.  This is the last day my mom is here and i'm going to miss her!  

@charlotte989875 I hope that baby comes out soon!!!! Good luck :)
  • @charlotte989875 can you Dr do membrane stripping? that worked for me

oh no @casadena that stinks about the perfume (and mom leaving!). I bought a bottle of perfume on a college trip and it broke in my bag on the flight home and like 10 years later I swear stuff still smelled it was ridiculous.  If I could remember what bag it was, and if I still had it I'd go check again haha
  • kvruns said:
    @charlotte989875 can you Dr do membrane stripping? that worked for me

oh no @casadena that stinks about the perfume (and mom leaving!). I bought a bottle of perfume on a college trip and it broke in my bag on the flight home and like 10 years later I swear stuff still smelled it was ridiculous.  If I could remember what bag it was, and if I still had it I'd go check again haha
    Maybe TMI, but when I went to be induced they opened my cervix with the balloon so I would start dilating and I got to 4-5, then did pitocin to start contractions and I would just not go in to active labor. He was not interested in coming out. They would have broken my water as the next step but I opted to wait at home for a few more days to see if he would come on his own. Otherwise we’ll go back in Friday morning, do the pitocin again and if that doesn’t work they’ll break my water and hope labor starts then. He’s just pretty happy where he is. 
  • VarunaTTVarunaTT member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its First Answer
    edited August 2020
    @ILoveBeachMusic foccacia is an easy forgiving bread, but it is weird feeling b/c the dough will be SO moist and elastic.  Let it be and don't over knead.  It's my favorite bread snack so i very rarely make it because I can easily eat it all.

I just bought a "date night" charcuterie box and am planning to go to a park and have a picnic as a surprise for K on Friday night.  We're both just struggling at work and personally with things and it's reflecting in our relationship, so I'm truly to be a bit more extra effort in.  It's hard when we're not really going to restaurants and we're both sick and tired of being at home and trying to make that special.

I got the invoice for the box and they had a space for a tip.  IDK, I thought that was weird.  I have to pick the box up at the store and I'm paying for it...this is like a chef situation not a server, I feel like labor is included.  I didn't tip, IDK, we'll see how I like it and if I do it again, maybe I'll tip?  It just felt really odd.

Otherwise, SSDD.  I need to be focusing at work and I'm just not interested in it.  
  • VarunaTT said:
    @ILoveBeachMusic foccacia is an easy forgiving bread, but it is weird feeling b/c the dough will be SO moist and elastic.  Let it be and don't over knead.  It's my favorite bread snack so i very rarely make it because I can easily eat it all.

I just bought a "date night" charcuterie box and am planning to go to a park and have a picnic as a surprise for K on Friday night.  We're both just struggling at work and personally with things and it's reflecting in our relationship, so I'm truly to be a bit more extra effort in.  It's hard when we're not really going to restaurants and we're both sick and tired of being at home and trying to make that special.

I got the invoice for the box and they had a space for a tip.  IDK, I thought that was weird.  I have to pick the box up at the store and I'm paying for it...this is like a chef situation not a server, I feel like labor is included.  I didn't tip, IDK, we'll see how I like it and if I do it again, maybe I'll tip?  It just felt really odd.

Otherwise, SSDD.  I need to be focusing at work and I'm just not interested in it.  
    That sounds really cool. 

In Covid times I tip for things that I would have otherwise (ie getting take-out instead of eating in) at the same rate that I would if I was dining in the restaurant. But I don’t in cases where I wouldn’t have tipped in the first place.  

In this case it sounds like you’re paying for the service of them creating and assembling the box, including paying their staff, so I probably wouldn’t. Although if this is a standard restaurant that I normally would have tipped at and you would typically have eaten in/tipped maybe I would. 
  • VarunaTT said:

That sounds really cool. 

In Covid times I tip for things that I would have otherwise (ie getting take-out instead of eating in) at the same rate that I would if I was dining in the restaurant. But I don’t in cases where I wouldn’t have tipped in the first place.  

In this case it sounds like you’re paying for the service of them creating and assembling the box, including paying their staff, so I probably wouldn’t. Although if this is a standard restaurant that I normally would have tipped at and you would typically have eaten in/tipped maybe I would. 
    That's the rule of thumb I've been following as well, and probably even adding a few more extra bucks than usual re: tipping.  The 2nd part was my thought as well, almost like picking up a sandwich tray at the grocery store or similar.  It's not a restaurant situation, the company rents space at a commercial kitchen with a store front for assembly (we have 2 commercial kitchens in the area that you can rent for a specific amount of time and use for things like this or farmers market type businesses) and you pick it up at the store front portion.
  • @charlotte989875 Good Luck! I had the balloon as well when I was induced with my first born. It was so freaking uncomfortable! 
  • Jstump2 said:
    @charlotte989875 Good Luck! I had the balloon as well when I was induced with my first born. It was so freaking uncomfortable! 
    It definitely sucked! At least I don’t have to do that part again. 
  • VarunaTT said:
    VarunaTT said:

That sounds really cool. 

That's the rule of thumb I've been following as well, and probably even adding a few more extra bucks than usual re: tipping.  The 2nd part was my thought as well, almost like picking up a sandwich tray at the grocery store or similar.  It's not a restaurant situation, the company rents space at a commercial kitchen with a store front for assembly (we have 2 commercial kitchens in the area that you can rent for a specific amount of time and use for things like this or farmers market type businesses) and you pick it up at the store front portion.
    Yeah that wouldn’t seem to be a place where I would typically expect to tip (or if I was an employee expect to receive tips). 

Hope it’s good!