Wedding Woes

Dreadful Tuesdays

Least favorite day.

My doctor gave me a new Rx for 10 mg tablets, instead of me taking the 2 5mg of my Lexapro and I think taking the one pill has made a difference.  It doesn't seem like it really should, but I feel far more myself than I have in awhile and it's a steady feeling.  I still have some drops, but I've overall leveled out and my aggression/anger levels are manageable again, which is a relief.

We've bought a new mattress, the Layla Hybrid. It's tested well for side sleepers, pressure points of side sleepers (hips for me, shoulders for K) and is supposed to rank highly for hot sleepers (both of us).  It's flippable; one side is firm one side is softer.  K has no idea what type of feel they like so this seemed like a good compromise.  I'm just so happy to be getting a new mattress, the one we have is causing me sciatica issues and interfering w/sleep.

Does anyone have bamboo sheets? Are they really the amazing things the advertisements make them sound?

SSDD at work and home.  K's mom came over for a bit for some wine and just chatting.  She's so stressed at the moment.  She's a retired school counselor and has come back on to help with everything going on in our school system with the hybrid/virtual learning.  I"m worried about her, so it was nice to see her relax just a bit.

Re: Dreadful Tuesdays

• I've always been curious about the bamboo sheets. 

Mostly SSDD here. My home health aide will be here later today. Hopefully the results of my blood draw will be good and I'll get a removal date for this PICC line. 

The doctor at the hospital gave me a work from home letter that only covered me to until today. So I'm actually headed into the office tomorrow, but will have to leave by 1pm to make sure I get home in time for my 2pm IV treatment. It's pretty annoying, but I guess will be good to get out of the house for a little while. 
  • I have a bamboo shirt and undies. I love it because it moves with you and is comfy/breathable, but doesn't stretch and get out of shape.  I'm definitely interested in bamboo sheets.  I need to get rid of an older set before I go buying more sheets and I don't want to buy sheets until we paint our room.  I may buy a whole new bedding set at that point.  I do need to order more of the undies since I need more underwear (I got them from Amazon).

Yesterday's storms were crazy.  I posted a pic of our tree in the Monday thread, but we have one that half came down and we probably need to explore getting it taken down altogether.  We have a ton of trees, but I'm going to be sad when this one is gone.  I can see it from my office window. 

I'm about to lose my shit with the former scouts treasurer.  He's dicking us around and I'm losing patience with him not getting me on the bank account. We were supposed to meet today and he canceled on me.  He's ghosted our cubmaster too.  It's not a good look for me to be treasurer and not on the account.  He's holding our account hostage. And while I have no reason to believe anything nefarious is going on, it definitely makes you wonder why he's holding on to the account when he's given up the position.  No one is that busy, especially since he quit in June. He's had time and I've told him that he just needs to let me know. 

My work computer is a bastard.  It keeps uninstalling virus protection.  One of the IT guys told me to go to the office for help.  Ummm...office is closed bro.  I'd have to get my director's permission, and I'm not even sure we have desktop staff in the office anyway.  They fixed me remotely, but I did sit twiddling my thumbs for almost 2 hours. 

Tuesday. SMH.
  • I'm supposed to be on vacation but I'm checking emails to see that things are a shitshow.  I should just unplug.  

Yesterday we hiked up a mountain and OMG it was hard.   The book rated it a 1.5 hour hike and 2.5 hours after that we were done.   My legs and hip HURT but it felt great to see the sights. 
  • ei34ei34 member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    I've never heard of bamboo sheets and I'm now intrigued.
    The mattress sounds perfect @VarunaTT hope your PICC line can come out soon @climbingwife, continued healing

SSDDish...so sick of the kids (said lovingly) and I think they're sick of each other too.  Both the district I work in and live in submitted incredible plans to the state for 5 days of in-person learning, and I'm just keeping my fingers crossed that they're approved.  I mean, we won't be there for long.  If anyone displays a Covid symptom (aka the common cold the kids get 6 times between mid-Sept and Christmas) it's a switch to virtual learning and you can't return until you've been medically cleared, including a negative test which by us (maybe everywhere) the result now takes about two weeks.  All of which I'm in favor of, safety first.  But we won't be there long.  But it'll be something, just a tiny break. 
  • Blah, Tuesday. Nothing much going on. I read an absurd amount about grizzlies and gorillas on the internet this morning. 

In good news, I'm taking some vacation days and doing a long weekend, so it's a short week for me. We were going to go to the lake, but it depends on weather. 

I haven't tried bamboo sheets, but I'm also probably going to update the bedding this fall. I'm kind of in love with my peach sheets, though. 
  • wow @ei34 I can't believe they are requiring a medical release especially since we know how often kids get normal sick. That is going to be costly for a lot of families unless they luck into being able to get telehealth visits at $0 cost. 
  • I had a really crappy night last night and today.  It's not looking good for the tenant I thought I had all sewn up for our third unit.  I'm PO'ed at her for (I think) lying to me and also PO'ed at myself for not being more careful.  Because it's a sad, f**king world I can't take anyone's word for anything, smh. 

Here's what happened.  I was starting to get very concerned because she seemed to be really dragging things out.  Everything from the background check to the lease signing to the signing her Section 8 voucher (rental assistance) shouldn't have taken longer than one week.  Except we are now at almost three weeks.  And I think I know why.  I have been EXPLICIT, including in my rental ad, that we accept Section 8, but it HAS TO BE a 3-bedroom voucher.  PERIOD.

It was one of the first questions I asked her way back when and it's come up a couple other times.  She's always said she has a 3-bedroom voucher.  I won't go into a bunch of boring details, but S8 dictates the rent and if a person has a 2-bed voucher, they will only base the rental amount on a 2-bed rent for that area.  Not a 3-bed rent.  Which means the rent approved would be at least $200/month less than what the market rent is for a 3-bed.

Normally, I require the tenant to give me the voucher by our lease signing so I can make sure 1) they have one and 2) it's for the right number of bedrooms.  Plus I need to sign their voucher anyway.  But she kept making excuses that S8 was sending it back and forth and, because of COVID, the vouchers can only be docu-signed nowadays.  In the past, the tenant would literally have their voucher in their hand, so the current bs I'm now in wouldn't come up.  I took her at her word that everything was cool and it was just paperwork.  I finally got to see the voucher last night.  It's for 2 bedrooms, smh.  WTF!!!

She claims it was a "mistake" and she previously had a 3-bed, but then they just changed it to a 2-bed.  Even if it was a recent change, which I'm not so sure about, that means she's known about it for at least one week and didn't notify me.  And she thinks it's NBD because my rent is still within the rent amount of her voucher.  Because she, just like the myriad of other S8 tenants I have constantly had to explain this to...though at least it has always previously been right at the beginning...thinks the amount on the voucher is carte blanche they can rent anything within that amount.  They can't.  That is not how the program works.

Oh!  And then just to add to the confusion, the link she sent me to docu-sign the voucher has a totally different person's name.  I just noticed that this morning and sent her a message.  So now I'm wondering if S8 screwed up and sent her the wrong voucher.  I haven't heard anything back from her on that yet.  But she did seem to know it was only a 2-bed when I called her on that point yesterday.

At any rate, she swears it's fine.  I told her I didn't think that was case, but I'm open to speaking with her case worker.  But also told her that needs to happen today or I'm out, because I can't keep spinning my wheels on this anymore. 

Sorry for the vent, but I'm already under so much stress and this really ruined my mood last night.  I even woke up at 4AM, so now I'm exhausted as well. I'm emotionally exhausted at the thought of having to start back at Square One with this rental.  Plus my tooth is still hurting.  I'm leaving work early at 3PM for my dental appointment.  Then I'm going home to repost the ad.  While probably feeling like utter s**t because of my tooth.   
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • How annoying @short+sassy  i hope it is truly a mistake but I understand your caution. Do you have a list of other potential tenants?

Hope your appt goes well and you can get relief soon!
  • Ugh @short+sassy that’s so annoying. Hopefully it’s all just a mix up. I hope your dental appointment goes well too!

• CharmedPamCharmedPam member
    edited August 2020
    I can see how your stressed @short+sassy.  Lots going on! 
    @mrsconn23, I saw some bamboo clothes at a shop on one of my cruises, but too much money.  The underwear are intriguing though...

The storms were crazy, I was out of cable/internet for a good 4 hours. Power goes out on me, but Im in the police/fire station grid so it’s usually never for to long.   I had to use my data plan for my zoom call. 

Ok, so I kept on seeing ads for ipsy and last month I caved and got a monthly subscription.  I was to late in getting July so my first round is August. I didn’t know they offered brand name deals at 1/2 price either.  I’m stoked STOKED that my Favorite beauty blogger’s (Bailey Sarian) palate is an option for 1/2 the price and it’s sold out everywhere. Plus I bought a mystery bag, which came last night and I love ALL the products in it.  It came with a blush and I was like “ooooh a BLUSH?!? i never would have bought this on my own!” I have rosacea so don’t need any added pink tones to my face. I think I could get away with using it as an eye shadow though.  I was into make up a looooong time ago.  Stopped using color.  But I dunno, ipsy and Bailey Sarian may be changing that for me. 

• short+sassyshort+sassy member
    edited August 2020
    kvruns said:
    How annoying @short+sassy  i hope it is truly a mistake but I understand your caution. Do you have a list of other potential tenants?

Hope your appt goes well and you can get relief soon!
    levioosa said:
    Ugh @short+sassy that’s so annoying. Hopefully it’s all just a mix up. I hope your dental appointment goes well too!
    I do hope it's just a mix-up and she really has a 3-bed voucher, because I've already put in a lot of effort with this person.  But I don't think that's the case.

I have a couple applications that came in after hers.  I'll call those people first to see if they are still interested.

Thanks for the good wishes on my dental appointment.  I don't have much hope for that either, lol.  I suspect I'm going to have to choose between an expensive root canal...which would probably have to be scheduled on a different day...or pulling the tooth.  My gums are in really bad shape anyway and this is a tooth on my bottom jaw, about three from the back.  So I'm not sure if it would even be worth a root canal.

On the bright side, my excruciating pain went away yesterday afternoon and hasn't returned.  It's still painful, just not nearly as bad and it's manageable.  I've been doing a lot of babying my mouth, lol.  Soft foods and nutritious drinks only.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Sorry to hear about that @short+sassy . That's annoying. I hope you can either get it sorted out or find another tenant.

Good luck with your dental appointment.

Today I'm having one of those days too.

Today is the birthday of a close friend and another friend and I want to celebrate it with her, but we all live long driving distances. She wants us to drive to where she is, and I could do it, but the other friend can't. So we're trying to work something out. And yes, I'm nervous about going and the need to mask and social distance. It may be that we can only Zoom.

My own birthday (a milestone birthday) is next month and all I expect is a Zoom get-together of some kind. My parents keep asking me "What do you want to do?" but at the same time my mom in particular doesn't want me to come to her house because I am required to work at my office normal hours (I don't know why but here in Texas CPA firms are considered "essential workers" and my boss requires us to work normal hours).

I have to admit that I'm not even excited about a Zoom get-together because last year on my birthday, my mom called me almost as soon as I got home from work that day, sang happy birthday to me and then in the next breath felt that I needed to know that a kid we know was awaiting emergency surgery on his brain after being hit in the head with a ball. We had seen his grandparents for lunch a couple of days before that (my parents asked me to make that my birthday celebration in order to accommodate their friends' desire to get together, never mind that I had wanted to do something else and I went along with it because they had recently helped me out financially) and his grandparents didn't mention it. If that wasn't bad enough, another friend who is an event planner begged me for "emergency help" to plan an event and then didn't want to use what I had come up with, and a third friend called me but then proceeded to bitch non-stop about how a guy we know bashed her favorite sports team on Facebook.

It doesn't help that my sister-in-law was exposed to someone who tested positive for Covid-19 in the course of her work and has to quarantine. She's in California, but it's still scary.

• @mrsconn23, I saw some bamboo clothes at a shop on one of my cruises, but too much money.  The underwear are intriguing though...

The ones I bought are not sexy, but they are comfortable. LOL  Like, "am I wearing underwear?" comfy.  My bamboo shirt I've had for a few years.  I bought it at my fave local boutique. 
  • Jen4948 said:
    Sorry to hear about that @short+sassy . That's annoying. I hope you can either get it sorted out or find another tenant.

Good luck with your dental appointment.

Today I'm having one of those days too.

Today is the birthday of a close friend and another friend and I want to celebrate it with her, but we all live long driving distances. She wants us to drive to where she is, and I could do it, but the other friend can't. So we're trying to work something out. And yes, I'm nervous about going and the need to mask and social distance. It may be that we can only Zoom.

My own birthday (a milestone birthday) is next month and all I expect is a Zoom get-together of some kind. My parents keep asking me "What do you want to do?" but at the same time my mom in particular doesn't want me to come to her house because I am required to work at my office normal hours (I don't know why but here in Texas CPA firms are considered "essential workers" and my boss requires us to work normal hours).

I have to admit that I'm not even excited about a Zoom get-together because last year on my birthday, my mom called me almost as soon as I got home from work that day, sang happy birthday to me and then in the next breath felt that I needed to know that a kid we know was awaiting emergency surgery on his brain after being hit in the head with a ball. We had seen his grandparents for lunch a couple of days before that (my parents asked me to make that my birthday celebration in order to accommodate their friends' desire to get together, never mind that I had wanted to do something else and I went along with it because they had recently helped me out financially) and his grandparents didn't mention it. If that wasn't bad enough, another friend who is an event planner begged me for "emergency help" to plan an event and then didn't want to use what I had come up with, and a third friend called me but then proceeded to bitch non-stop about how a guy we know bashed her favorite sports team on Facebook.

It doesn't help that my sister-in-law was exposed to someone who tested positive for Covid-19 in the course of her work and has to quarantine. She's in California, but it's still scary.

That’s tough Jen; my 35th birthday was a few weeks ago and I didn’t have half of what you have going on  and I still didn’t feel like doing much. Zoom is fine but for me it made me feel worse about not getting to see close friends in person. 

I’d say think about exactly what you want to do (not what you feel like you should or other people want you to) and do that. This is all hard enough as it is.