Wedding Woes

Wednesday

How is mid-week going for everyone?  I have a "good" dilemma I'm trying to figure out.  I have 31 hours of vacation that I need to use before Sept. 30th.  While I normally like taking full days off, when I do the "math", I could take all my half-day Fridays off through the end of Sept. and still take one full day off somewhere else.

The one negative of that is Fridays are already easy, "chill" days at the office.  Plus Fridays are also the days I usually get errands done, which would kind of ruin it being "true" vacation days.  But then, it's twice as many days I could sleep in, lol.
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Wednesday

• I’m in the same dilemma, @short+sassy, all this vaca time, no where to go.  I don’t want Friday’s because it’s so lackluster and we usually get out early too. I may take Monday’s off in October.  Because October rocks. 

• @short+sassy what about taking half or full days off on mondays instead so you get to stretch out your weekends? 

I slept terribly last night. One of the higher ups is on me for no good reason and it’s causing me some anxiety. It’s one of those situations where I’m damned whatever I do and there was no better option available at the time so I made what we have work. It’s really frustrating because they have zero idea of what’s actually happening at the clinic level. 

Otherwise, SSDD. FI and I might do a mild mid week date night tonight. My hip is still bothering me but not quite as badly. I’m hoping tomorrow it feels better. I’m planning on just doing an easy walk tonight and yesterday I only did arms for my workout. 

• levioosa said:
    @short+sassy what about taking half or full days off on mondays instead so you get to stretch out your weekends? 

I slept terribly last night. One of the higher ups is on me for no good reason and it’s causing me some anxiety. It’s one of those situations where I’m damned whatever I do and there was no better option available at the time so I made what we have work. It’s really frustrating because they have zero idea of what’s actually happening at the clinic level. 

Otherwise, SSDD. FI and I might do a mild mid week date night tonight. My hip is still bothering me but not quite as badly. I’m hoping tomorrow it feels better. I’m planning on just doing an easy walk tonight and yesterday I only did arms for my workout. 
    Yeeaahhh!  Mondays.

I think I am going to go with taking Mondays off.  That's a nice vacation day choice because then I come back on that week and have 3 full workdays, plus my half-day Fri.  So it still nicely shortens the week.

Starting with next Monday (8/24).  Yas!

More math.  I figured out I can take three Mondays off through the end of Sept. Plus the Friday before Labor Day.  And I'll hit 31 hours exactly.  Labor Day makes a "free" 4th Monday off during that timeframe.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I wish I could take time off, but because of the tax deadlines, it's not a possibility.

Enjoy your time off to the extent possible!
  • the struggle at work is real. IDK if it's burnout or attitude or just what, but I haven't done anything for awhile now and I don't really care.  I'm putting my blocker back on, but I'm not sure it's helping at this point (blocks websites for 30 minutes, unblocks for 10).

The appointment to chop off my hair has been made.  K has shed their tears and told me it's my hair and I need to do what I want.  Hair dresser (who is a BFF) has been consulted and we have the plan.  It's going to be epic and I can't wait until the 29th now.

Otherwise, SSDD, nothing big to report.  Maybe that's the issue, I'm just bored with life right now.
  • Nothing exciting here. It's my Monday, since I'd taken vacation days earlier this week. My three day work week is already going quickly. The short vaca was nice. We went up to the lake for a bit, and also got caught up on chores. H really wants a pool table, so we got the space ready for that. I think we'll go order it this weekend.

In fun news, I think one of my cousins is going to visit us. He's younger, in mid 20's now. He's a super sweet kid, but has been struggling to find himself. I'm looking forward to him coming and spending a little time with me, even if I can't take the time off. 
  • It's my day off.  DH and I went to brunch and did some shopping.  Now we're relaxing at home.  I have a quick meet up to do here in a half hour and then I'm hoping to sneak a nap before DefConn gets off the bus.  

The weather is absolutely perfect today.  Could not ask for better.  
  • Thanks @OliveOilsMom!! We’re hanging in there. Week 2 has been tough but we’re making it!