Wedding Woes

2020 just keeps on giving

short+sassyshort+sassy member
First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
edited August 2020 in Wedding Woes
I hope everyone is gearing up for a good weekend.

I drove to work this morning listening to the news that there are going to be TWO hurricanes in the Gulf of Mexico.  At the same time.  Two hurricanes hitting the continental US at the same time has not happened since 1933.  But it's 2020 so, of course, this is the year it happens again (sigh).  My apocalypse bingo board is almost complete, lol.  I was already planning to take a vacation day on Monday, so now I'm especially glad I am because it will probably be storming all day.

On a bright side, here in NOLA, they are renaming Jefferson Davis Parkway (a major street) to Norman C. Francis Parkway.  It will take effect on 1/1/21.  He served as President of Xavier University (a predominantly black college) from 1968-2015.  47 years!  He is also a recipient of the Presidential Medal of Freedom.  This particular road doesn't quite go past Xavier, but it's only a few blocks away.  Dr. Francis is also still alive, which I think is another extra neat nugget of info.  People usually don't have streets named after them until after they have passed away, so it's nice that he can enjoy this honor during his lifetime.

Edited for more info.
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: 2020 just keeps on giving

• Really hope those storms die out before hitting land @short+sassy! How did everything go with your closing (was that yesterday?) 

Not much here today; we’re going to try and take a walk in the stroller if it’s not too hot this afternoon. 

In case anyone needs a little fun this morning Joe Biden at an opening of Costco is the best. 

• @charlotte989875, actually my closing is later this afternoon.  Though I conincidentally got my mortgage statement for it in the mail yesterday.  With a "minimum payment" that is the entire loan balance of $43+K, lol.  When I originally closed on this loan 5 years ago, instead of my due date being the 1st, they made it the same day of the month as the closing day.  The 3rd.  I'm curious if it will stay the 3rd or if it will be moved to the 21st.

Thanks for the good wishes on the storms.  Hopefully there won't be much havoc, wherever they land.  The tracks are still very early, but one of them could be a danger for Houston, so wishing luck to @Jen4948 also.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Stay safe @short+sassy!

I woke up to one of my staff members calling off. I’m concerned they have COVID for a few reasons. Not great. But this particular person has been calling off a lot lately so I have to bring it up to the manager. The other staff is pretty resentful and there was a lot of “of course she called off and screwed us again,” talk this morning. I just want to relax and ride out the Friday but I don’t think that will happen. We’re supposed to go see FI’s parents this weekend but I don’t think I should go as this is the second potential COVID exposure in the last week for me. And one person I’m like 99% sure has it. Overall I have very little interaction with the staff because I’m so busy with work in my office all day. I wear a mask 100% of the time around others, I don’t share food or eat with them in the break room, I wash my hands frequently, and most of the time I keep my office door closed. So in all reality my calculated risk is pretty low. I still don’t think I should go. 

In other news, I had the biggest of first world problems this morning. My car wouldn’t pick up my phone so I was forced to listen to morning radio on the way to work and it was honestly kind of soul sucking. 

• 2020 continues to kick my ass. This week:

I found out my soon to be ex cheated on me while I was on vacation in February. He slept with his "friend" from HS, in our home. And then continued on an affair with her months. 

My dog needs surgery to remove what's either a cyst or a tumor. $$$$
  • I’m so sorry @climbingwife. *hugs*

• Damn @climbingwife all of that sucks.

Does your vet think removing the mass will be all they need to do?
  • Damn @climbingwife all of that sucks.

Does your vet think removing the mass will be all they need to do?
    I think so? I guess it all depends once they test it. I feel that it's a cyst, because she's already had a few of those. 
  • @charlotte989875, actually my closing is later this afternoon.  Though I conincidentally got my mortgage statement for it in the mail yesterday.  With a "minimum payment" that is the entire loan balance of $43+K, lol.  When I originally closed on this loan 5 years ago, instead of my due date being the 1st, they made it the same day of the month as the closing day.  The 3rd.  I'm curious if it will stay the 3rd or if it will be moved to the 21st.

Thanks for the good wishes on the storms.  Hopefully there won't be much havoc, wherever they land.  The tracks are still very early, but one of them could be a danger for Houston, so wishing luck to @Jen4948 also.
    Thanks. And good luck to you with the storms and the closing. I hope those storms stay away from us. Glad they're renaming the parkway. Stay safe!

@climbingwife, I'm so sorry. That's really hurtful (literally and figuratively). All the best.

@charlotte989875, I hope you and the baby and the rest of your family are doing well.

• *hugs* @climbingwife, I know what you’re going through.  So glad you’re getting rid of that loser! 2020 can suck it.

@levioosa, I’ve had that happen where my phone doesn’t pair with my car and I’m feeling your feels.  Hopefully it was a 1 time glitch

Good luck with the closing @short+sassy

not much going on for me.  Heading to the lakehouse tomorrow for a long weekend.  Can’t wait to squish my little nephews cheeks.  Just kidding.  I’m not *that* crazy aunt.  Yet.  But they do have squishable cheeks. 

• Climbing - I'm sorry about that.  Make sure your attorney is aware, just in case that means anything for your case in your state.  I hope your doggo does well with surgery.

Charlotte - Joe Biden in Costco is so cute!  I can't believe he didn't buy ice cream too!

Not sure what is up for the weekend.  H & I bought a shower door for the shower in the master bath.  I think we may attempt to install it this weekend.  I just placed a huge and overdue order with Penzey's spices.  I even found my $50 gift card that I thought I lost!  So I only spend $40!  I'm glad I went through my spice cabinet, there was a lot of old stuff to get rid of and stuff I didn't realize I was out of!
  • @climbingwife, I'm so sorry, for both. Maybe the ex will get a tumor and the doggo will be fine. 

Nothing new here. I've been on the phone with fedex trying to figure out what happened to this chair I ordered from Wayfair that was supposed to be here last Tuesday. Blah. Hoping for a good weekend. My uncle is in town (with my parents), so I may have them over tomorrow night for dinner. Otherwise, yard work and the usual. It's supposed to be pretty rainy, so won't be able to do much fun stuff.