Wedding Woes

Monday

How was everyone's weekend?

Mine was alright.  I didn't too too much outside of the norm.  We lazed about on Saturday, Sunday was cleaning/chores.  I also went to the movie theatre and saw a movie!!!  So much excitement.  We saw Black Panther, which I had missed on the big screen the first time around.  We're going to see Goonies tonight.  So far, everything I've booked, I've been the only person (along with my movie partner) in the theatre.  They've set it up for booking now, where when you book, it takes up two seats to either side of you and only every other row right now.  I've been claiming the back row, just to keep anyone from breathing down on me.  Concessions felt a little tight, but I probably won't go through them again.  I usually brought my own popcorn (I like it better and movie popcorn messes with my digestion) and bought my drink; they've just switched to Pepsi products and have nothing I want to drink now.  I'll buy candy every now and then, just to help out.  Since it was just me and my buddy, we did take our masks off during the movie; if anyone else had been in there I would've left it on (buddy is part of my bubble).  It definitely felt like touching "normal" for a bit.

Re: Monday

• So glad you got to see a movie @varunatt! Did you go at an off peak time or do you think there just aren’t many people venturing out to theaters yet? 

Weekend was good. We took another walk on Saturday, made it up to .8 of a mile! H mowed the lawn and vacuumed the second floor so he’s happier! My mom has been following the quarantine guidelines and came over for an outside dinner with my sister, BIL, & goddaughter. We let her hold the baby (with mask, our blankets, & sanitizer) and she was over the moon. Hopefully she’ll stick with it because H goes back to work next week and I’m going to need some help. We’re doing a trial run inside on Wednesday. 

I have my 2-week follow up today and if all is good I can start to drive again! Not that I really have anywhere to go but it will feel like I have a little more freedom (I hope). 
  • Weekend was emotional.

We got into BIL and SIL's town on Thurs night and spent Fri with them and Sat was the funeral for our niece.   There were no dry eyes and I sobbed after I heard my oldest niece crying that she couldn't take her sister home from the hospital.   The family is processing and grieving and I hope that they continue to heal.   

The kids did have a wonderful time with their cousins and I think when you're young playing is therapy.   We got home last night and Chiquito said, "I'm sad to be home.   I miss my cousins."   

We're now back to the work grind today and now have a whole week to go before school starts.   How the summer seems to be so short and so long! 
  • I had a pretty good weekend. Friday the power went out, so H and I sat out on the deck in the dark and watched a game on his laptop. The power didn't end up coming back on until like 4 am, so not a great night of sleep. Saturday all the yard work and then my parents and uncle came for dinner. Yesterday I went up to a winery with some girlfriends. It was originally intended to be a going away party for one of my good friends, but I don't think she's going to go. I think her marriage is ending and it's really sad. 

Today, I'm recovering from the day drinking and counting down to 5:00. 
  • ((hugs)) @banana468

Weekend was good.  Friday was low-key.  We didn't do much of anything. 

Saturday, I did some shopping and then we cleaned house.  My dad, FIL, and the kiddo came for dinner.  Dad said he's been keeping busy and he seems to be doing all right. 

Sunday, we went boating. It was a great day for it, hot and the water was refreshing. I had a ton of fun horsing around with DefConn and trying to throw him off our lily pad. I started watching 'Love Life' on HBOMax last night.  I'm almost through the first season.  It's so good. 
  • So glad you got to see a movie @varunatt! Did you go at an off peak time or do you think there just aren’t many people venturing out to theaters yet? 

I think it's a combination of a lot of things.  Not too many people venturing out yet; 50% capacity limitations plus the social distancing measures leaves some of the individual theatres with just not a lot of seats and if you're picky about your seats and they're booked, your SOL; there's only...3? actual new movies (Unhinged, Words on Bathroom Walls, and Tulsa) so the others are "classics" that you either completely would love to see on the big screen again (Black Panther) or for the first time (Goonies, Empire Strikes Back, etc.). 

This weekend New Mutants and The Personal History of David Copperfield drop, but they're still running another set of classics including the extended versions of all of the Lord of the Rings trilogy, so I'll be losing a weekend day to that, probably.  At least Two Towers, just to see it on the big screen again.  Most of the time I tended to go during the week anyway and so I was usually by myself or just a handful of people.  Having my subscription helps b/c if something makes me uncomfortable, I'm fine with just leaving and coming back another time.
  • @VarunaTT, that's so cool you were able to go to the movies!  Especially since it turned out to be an individual showing for you and your friend, lol.

@charlotte989875, I'm glad to hear your mom stuck to the program and was finally able to see her new grandson!  Good luck with your next appointment.

@banana468, That's a heartbreaking weekend ((hugs)).

I had a good weekend.  My closing on Fri. went well.  I also found out that, even though my loan was re-upped for 5 more years, I don't need to go through this again!  My new interest rate is set for the next 5 years.  But, after that, it will just automatically adjust on an annual basis.

On Sat., we did take-out at a restaurant we hadn't tried before.  The had good prix-fixe specials for Coolinary (restaurant month).  They did have good food, but I'm not sure I'd go again.  It wasn't amazing or unique and isn't on our normal "path".  On Sun., we did a Coolinary lunch in the French Quarter.  Except this time we did dine-in.  I also quickly played my $10 in slot play at Harrahs and turned it into $11 cash.  Nothing earth-shattering, lol.  But yay free money.  We had to walk through Harrah's anyway, because we'd used their garage for free parking, for our lunch.

Then we went to the grocery store.  Egads!  We had to go grocery shopping anyway, but the place was packed and shelves were bare because of the storms on their way.  Apparently people were stocking up on water and non-perishable goods.  For example, there were only about eight loaves of bread left!  That was on my list anyway, so I was thankful to get one.  Extra bonus it was Pepperidge Farm, which is a brand we often buy anyway.

Originally, I was going to take a vacation day today.  But my work closed their offices for today and said people could WFH or use some special code if they're not able to work from home.  I'm not missing out on that!  So messaged my boss this morning that, since I don't need to worry about driving now, I would WFH instead of taking a vacation day.  I have a couple more urgent things I'll get done today.  But, considering people who can't WFH are getting the day off, I don't think anyone cares or is going to be micro-managing me to be 100% on task all day.

Looks like the first hurricane has slowed down and weakened.  We were supposed to have gotten the bad weather starting last night, but there was nothing and it's bright and sunny at the moment.  It's supposed to hit later today, but is expected to have weakened back to a tropical storm by then.  Crossing my fingers for no power outages!  But (knock on wood) I don't expect much damage in my area and think it will be a non-event.  Though then Hurricane Laura is on the way after that (sigh).  My work has said they will be open tomorrow and Wed. is TBD.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Stay safe! @short+sassy

*Hugs* @banana468

This weekend was mostly good. Saturday FI and I visited his parents and did our best to social distance. They aren’t really taking this super seriously (Fox News enthusiasts), so I made sure to stay six feet away, always had a mask on, and made sure to stay outside. We were able to do a nice walk. Then we came home and had dinner with FSIL and FBIL. Yesterday we mainly relaxed and then I got enough energy to clean the house. I world have liked a little more relaxing time, but I’m really glad the house is clean. It needed help. 

SSDD for me. Hike tonight with FSIL and hopefully it’s not too hot. I’m hoping for an early-ish bed time tonight. I was almost asleep last night and then FI woke me up to tell me he bought a pool. Lol. It’s going to be so nice to have. It’s been so hot. I’m surprised one was even available. 

• Hi everyone! It’s been a long time, but I had to take a social media break and stay offline for a mental reset. 

I want to introduce you all to Madison Ryan, born July 27th. She’s the most perfect person we have ever created! Being pregnant during a pandemic was HARD, but we’re so grateful she’s finally here! 
    What a squish!  She is just adorable!   Congratulations mama!!
  • Oh Wow! @NBSquared2017 She's beautiful! That smile! *Swoon* congratulations!
  • Congrats! @NBSquared2017 I was just thinking of you the other day! She’s beautiful! 

• Oh goodness @NBSquared2017, what a gorgeous little squish.  That smile!  Congrats on precious Madison! 
  • @NBSquared2017 Congratulations! She's beautiful!
  • @NBSquared2017, ((waving hi!))  It's so good to hear from you again.  And especially with such great news :).  Congratulations!  Madison is such an adorable and happy baby!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • NB - That smile!  Congratulations!  She is beautiful!

Banana - Hugs.

S+S - Where did you eat in the FQ?

I have to take Cassie for a thyroid checkup in a short bit.  We need to make sure that she is on the right dose of medicine.  I will have to stay out in the car, so I hope she does ok.  She has her people and gets anxious when we aren't around.  Being home these last few months have been the best thing for her anxiety!  I just hope that when I finally start going back to the office again - she stays chill.

Tomorrow I will take DD for her first dental appointment.  We are probably a bit behind on this, but I'm finally getting her there - so that's what important!  

We got a lot done this weekend, but not the shower door!  Saturday we got yard work done, dropped off school supplies for our church's drive, grocery shoppped and picked up dinner.  Sunday we got some small projects around the house done.  H finally installed the cameras we have had for 5 months, I worked on the damn fish tank some more (it is super cloudy and nothing I've done has worked to clear it up), and some light cleaning.
  • CasadenaCasadena member
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    edited August 2020
    @NBSquared2017 congratulations!!!!  Great to hear from you and Madison is a doll!!!
  • @OliveOilsMom, The FQ restaurant was The Bourbon House.  It's in the Crowne Plaza hotel.  It was a 2-course meal for $20.  My H got a pulled pork poboy with a fried shrimp appetizer.  I got a smoked gulf fish salad sandwich with a watermelon/feta summer salad.  It is named the "Bourbon" house, so I also got their specialty cocktail...a frozen milk punch.  It's similar tasting to egg nog, except frozen.  It was delicious!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • @NBSquared2017 Madison is so adorable and those cheeks just beg to be kissed. Hugs for you and your family @banana468 . Stay safe @short+sassy

Weekend was good DD and family were here until yesterday. DS2 got here Friday night and left yesterday. He is getting so good with the boys. We took the boys to our State Park and they had their first pony ride. It was parent led. They loved it!

Today I spent cleaning bathrooms and bedrooms, doing laundry and catching up on Italian homework. I have a Covid test on Friday for pre-surgery. Not looking forward to that nasal swab. H installed a hand held shower head for me to use during rehab. Such exciting stuff lol. 

Tomorrow is more cleaning. DS1 and DIL are coming on Thursday - first time since pandemic started. DS2 is coming again so he can see them. They all are only staying a couple of nights. So then back to getting the house in shape before my surgery. I have hired a temporary cleaning person during rehab because I won't be able to bend over to clean anything. H will be doing all the cooking (he loves to cook) and helping me get around. This will probably be the longest 4-6 weeks of my life. I won't be able to see the grandsons again until early October! That will be longest time I've gone without seeing them. Oh well, at least I won't have a torn tendon and will be able to have full mobility again (fingers crossed).
  • @ILoveBeachMusic I heard a tip, if you exhale slowly through your nose while they do it it isn't so bad. That what I did when I had mine anyway and, maybe I was just expecting the worst or my lady was just gentle, but it wasn't that bad.
  • @NBSquared2017 Madison is so adorable and those cheeks just beg to be kissed. Hugs for you and your family @banana468 . Stay safe @short+sassy

Weekend was good DD and family were here until yesterday. DS2 got here Friday night and left yesterday. He is getting so good with the boys. We took the boys to our State Park and they had their first pony ride. It was parent led. They loved it!

Today I spent cleaning bathrooms and bedrooms, doing laundry and catching up on Italian homework. I have a Covid test on Friday for pre-surgery. Not looking forward to that nasal swab. H installed a hand held shower head for me to use during rehab. Such exciting stuff lol. 

Tomorrow is more cleaning. DS1 and DIL are coming on Thursday - first time since pandemic started. DS2 is coming again so he can see them. They all are only staying a couple of nights. So then back to getting the house in shape before my surgery. I have hired a temporary cleaning person during rehab because I won't be able to bend over to clean anything. H will be doing all the cooking (he loves to cook) and helping me get around. This will probably be the longest 4-6 weeks of my life. I won't be able to see the grandsons again until early October! That will be longest time I've gone without seeing them. Oh well, at least I won't have a torn tendon and will be able to have full mobility again (fingers crossed).
    Is it definitely the nasal swab? When I was having the baby my hospital did the oral swab and it was much easier than the nasal version. 

When is your surgery? 
  • @charlotte989875, I am assuming the oral swab, but maybe it will be the oral one. My surgery is Sept. 3rd. They said the turn around for results is now about a week (eye roll -it needs to be quicker). 
  • @charlotte989875, I am assuming the oral swab, but maybe it will be the oral one. My surgery is Sept. 3rd. They said the turn around for results is now about a week (eye roll -it needs to be quicker). 
    That’s way too long for results! I think mine took 48 hours? when I was in the hospital and I even thought that was a little long. 

I forget, is this surgery for your knee? 
  • Congratulations @NBSquared2017! She’s absolutely precious! 

How are you feeling? Recovery going well? Pregnancy, delivery, & recovery are super hard during the pandemic (I delivered 8/8) so hoping you’re doing all right! 
  • @charlotte989875 no not my knee, my hamstring tendon. Yeah I think the quick response tests are being reserved for emergency type situations (heart attack surgeries and such). I get tested on Friday then self-quarantine until I go in (not really different from what I do anyway).
  • @ILoveBeachMusic, ugh!  4-6 weeks for recovery does sound like a long time to be fairly housebound and limited with what you can do.  Hopefully it will be closer to the shorter 4-week end!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • @ILoveBeachMusic the nasal swap wasn't bad.  The person doing made said it would feel like water up your nose and that was truly a perfect description.  It did leave me with a bit of a headache, b/c the annoyance lingers (just like if you had water shot up your nose), but the test itself wasn't painful and it's over quickly.
  • @charlotte989875 no not my knee, my hamstring tendon. Yeah I think the quick response tests are being reserved for emergency type situations (heart attack surgeries and such). I get tested on Friday then self-quarantine until I go in (not really different from what I do anyway).
    Good luck! 4-6 weeks is a long recovery time (at least I’m feeling the same way from the csection!). It’s good you get to have some of the family in before the surgery!!
  • Those I know who have had the nose swab haven't expressed their love of it but haven't talked about how they can't stand it.    
  • The nasal swab isn’t fun but it’s not terrible. It kind of burns, like water going up your nose. For some reason I had the residual taste of the flock swab in the back of my throat for like a week and that was the most annoying part. The only person I’ve swabbed who has lost their mind during it was (of course) one of our doctors. They kept yelling “I don’t think you understand how nerves work! I am very sensitive! What are you doing?!” Um, I’ve swabbed six year olds who have behaved better, now sit your ass down and stay still. Lol.