Wedding Woes

Wednesday

I'm just remember Wonderwife's comment about sitting in the WW corner, knitting her scarf in the rocking chair and waiting for the newbies to come in, b/c she was going to hold down the board.  I guess I'm the person doing that right now? 

:smiley:  I'm not used to being the first one.

Last night I got down and in my feels and a friend came over and helped me through it (one of the 2 that I hang out with at this point) and I feel better today.  Work has actually been going better this week, which is nice.  Also, I just want to say that Wendy's breakfast is my jam and I love it and Frosty-cinos.

Welcome to Wednesday, WW!  I'm in a weird mood.

When David Walks Away Like This in 2020  Schitts creek Creek

Re: Wednesday

• Mannn... A frosty-cino sounds Amazing!

I don't have anything else. Just wanted to say that, lol.
  • Wait what are Frosty-cincos?
  • I tried a frosty-cino once and was not a fan at all. I was expecting a nice sweet drink but it taste like normal cold brew with barely any sweetness. I need sweet coffee in my life
  • Aww, it was Ww1fe.  Memories of A's final hospitalization came up today and I always intertwine those two since they passed less than 2 months apart.  It's been almost 10 years.  OMGWTFBBQ? 

I'm also in a weird mood today.  Something came up with the kiddo last night. Nothing truly major, but it threw DH and I back into the 'bad place' of his HS years (which were a massive trial).  We handled it and talked about how it all made us feel, which proves how far we've come from those days.  But I still hate it can throw me back into that terrible headspace in 2.5 seconds. 

It's hot AF here.  Thankfully it should break over the weekend.  The weather for Labor Day looks perfect for our camping trip.  DH is grumping it's not going to be super warm, but the mid-70's during the day and 50's at night (plus low humidity) are my jam. 

We're hosting the entire scout pack here tomorrow for our raingutter regatta race (the kids were given boat kits last month for this) because our normal place isn't open to us yet.  DH has been cleaning/organizing freak.  I just...don't care as much.  He called me on it last night and I told him to deal with it after 16+ years.  

SSDD otherwise.  Fighting boredom with life in general.   I did just put in a request to head somewhere within in 5-6 hours for fall break. 
  • We have a guy coming out to re-quote us for some major landscaping stuff we want to do.  We were going to have them just do some things, but after not touching the yard for almost 4 weeks we're just going to have them do everything and start from scratch. I cannot wait to have our usable yard space doubled and not feel like the overgrown jungle eyesore of the neighborhood. 

I'm starting to wean and my boobs hurt.  I exclusively pump at this point and it's just getting to be too much.  I have lots of frozen milk so we'll be able to cycle that in too as we move toward more formula.  Plus we want to start trying again before the end of the year and just in case it happens quickly this time I need a break!!!  

I've never had Wendy's breakfast but I LOVE fast food breakfast, I will have to try.  
  • Has anyone tried Noom?  thoughts?

• It’s Wednesday and I almost forgot that I had a ton of stuff to do. I was heading into work thinking today would be pretty easy but I forgot about the mountains of inventory that are due at the end of the month. Ugh. We’re also switching back some protocol that I personally think makes for worse patient care in the name of the $$$ so I’m upset about that. Otherwise SSDD. 

I’m glad it’s Wednesday. It’s supposed to be 103 here today so not looking forward to that. FSIL and I are hiking after work today. I’m going to try out wearing a backpack to start preparing for our trip. I bet I’m super sore tomorrow. My arms are already sore because yesterday I got my flu shot, a B12 shot, and I did a long arm workout. The flu shot stung way more this year than it did last year. 

@mrsconn23 I don’t know why he’s upset, that sounds like A+ camping weather to me. 

• levioosa said:

@mrsconn23 I don’t know why he’s upset, that sounds like A+ camping weather to me. 
    He LOVES hot weather.  He's a grumpy bear in the winter (he was already bitching last night about how it was dark before 9).  Plus we camp at the family farm, which has a spring fed pond.  No one will get in the pond but him (and DefConn) if it's in the 70's.  Too chilly, LOL. 
  • @charlotte989875 It's basically iced coffee with the frosty syrups poured into it.  And yes, the RNC is a clusterfvck and holy moly Hatch Act violations!!!  I know the president/VP have always had to ride a fine line about it, but a sitting Secretary of State?!?!?!  I'm glad I'm not watching, I don't think I could handle it.

@kvruns that's surprising b/c thought I love it, it's sometimes too sweet for me and I have to add coffee.  Maybe it just depends on who makes it?  B/c I watched and it's basically coffee with just the syrup added.

@mrsconn23 that's perfect camping weather!!

@Casadena I hated Noom.  I know it's supposed to have this sort of therapy coupling with weight management, but it was all (maybe I'm wrong, but it seemed like it) automated and it pissed me off.  Also, it was all app based and I like having a desktop version to use in addition to an app.  I basically tested it for 3 days and said Nope!

• @Casadena, I’ve heard mix reviews about noom.  Some love.  Some hate.  I like my free itrackbites which is a free version of WW.  But speaking of that - this last week has been OFF for me. I swear whenever I go South to the lake house Im off track a week after. i fee so large and bloated.  Today marks 1 year since my tummy tuck/aug/lipo surgery (Frequently referred to as the mommy makeover but its weird saying that not being a mommy) and NO REGRETS!!! Not a one. 

• GBCKGBCK member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    first day of school (from home)

There have already been tears, literal screaming, the strong desire to throw things, and well abused pillow got more abused, and my husband hopes someone will burn down the school before Friday.

So, there's that.

• It's been a busy morning here. Meetings back to back and trying to squeeze in some actual work. I took the dog out for another long walk this morning, which was great, but it's quite humid and I was looking a mess for the video meetings. Whoops! 

I have a friend that swears by zoom, but I haven't tried it personally. I can't watch the RNC. I have this feeling of dread that I can't get past. I think the orange terror is going to get re-elected. 
  • @VarunaTT when I watched her make it I thought it would be awesome bc she seemed to pour a lot of the cream/flavoring in there but it was not sweet at all. Maybe they made the mix wrong. I only tried it once and read some reviews from others saying similar things. Must depend on who/where it is made. 
  • It's been a busy morning here. Meetings back to back and trying to squeeze in some actual work. I took the dog out for another long walk this morning, which was great, but it's quite humid and I was looking a mess for the video meetings. Whoops! 

I have a friend that swears by zoom, but I haven't tried it personally. I can't watch the RNC. I have this feeling of dread that I can't get past. I think the orange terror is going to get re-elected. 
    This is how I feel and it is so depressing. Because, really how can any person actually not realize how awful he is? That's all I've got.
  • I have been bingeing Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt and I just love the opening theme song!  I've been watching 3-4 episodes per day and I never skip the credits!  Females are strong as hell!

SSDD here.  The dogs sleep while I work!  Yoga tonight.
  • Good morning.  You guys know we've been house hunting.  We've seen a few places but they either were too expensive or didn't have the features we want/need.  On Monday afternoon a new listing came on Monday afternoon, we walked through before dinner and made an offer that night.  They had several offers and were not going to do any countering - only submit best and final offers.  So yesterday we upped our offer and included a "heartfelt" letter to the seller.  Last night we found out we didn't get the home, despite offering $6000 (yes, thousand) over asking.  We were disappointed but not surprised in this market.  So we're back at it again.

Work is crazy. It's not even full moon until Sept 2nd (our anniversary)!
  • @VarunaTT and @Casadena, Every since Wendy's added hollandaise sauce to some of their breakfast sandwiches, I have loved it!  I mean, hollandaise sauce.  At a FF place?!?!  Oh Wendy's, you have gone a notch above what I ever could have expected.

However, like @kvruns, I was not a fan of the Frosty-cino.  I've only had one.  But it didn't taste like their vanilla frosty at all.  It didn't even have a vanilla flavor.  It just tasted like an iced coffee with a little bit of sugar in it.  To be fair, it was fine for an iced coffee.  But did not live up to its name at all.

I need to get more motivated today.  I don't have much work to do at my job, which always has the ironic effect that then I'm even lazier to do the little bit of work I have.  Plus I have some personal documents to prepare.  Which I've also ignored all morning, lol.

I'm just sad to be watching how much Hurricane Laura has strengthened.  Other than maybe some extra rain, it's not really going to be affecting my area.  But it's going to be really bad.  Lots of devastation and people will die.

The article I just read said the storm surge could be as high as 20 feet in low lying coastal areas.  Some people aren't evacuating because of COVID fears.  Plus there are always people who just won't evacuate, no matter what.  I know it's a hassle and how expensive it is to evacuate, especially if you're taking your own vehicle and not going to a shelter.  Even worse with the pandemic to suddenly be thrown on a bus and/or shelter with a bunch of strangers.

That's not a good situation and I'd be worried about COVID exposure too.  But still.  People in mandatory evacuation need to leave, ffs.  JUST.LEAVE.  I know I have extra feels on this topic because I lived through the aftermath of Katrina, but it absolutely drives me bonkers when people chose to stay, especially if they have children who don't have a choice about it.  It's too dangerous and people have no way to know what is going to happen. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • MNNEBride said:
    Good morning.  You guys know we've been house hunting.  We've seen a few places but they either were too expensive or didn't have the features we want/need.  On Monday afternoon a new listing came on Monday afternoon, we walked through before dinner and made an offer that night.  They had several offers and were not going to do any countering - only submit best and final offers.  So yesterday we upped our offer and included a "heartfelt" letter to the seller.  Last night we found out we didn't get the home, despite offering $6000 (yes, thousand) over asking.  We were disappointed but not surprised in this market.  So we're back at it again.

Work is crazy. It's not even full moon until Sept 2nd (our anniversary)!
    Sorry to hear that, but continued good luck!

I heavily side-eye sellers who use a strategy of pricing a house too low, in order to garner multiple offers.  It's not illegal, but I think it's really unethical because it potentially wastes a whole bunch of peoples' time.  I'm not saying that is what they were doing, but it might have been.

It's not a common strategy where I live, but I did have it happen to me once.  And I KNOW that is what they were purposely doing because I submitted an offer that was above their asking, though still below the comps (but not crazily so).  Their response back to my agent was they weren't accepting any offers until X day, I needed to submit my best and final on that day, and also gave her a heads up that my offer was much lower than they were expecting and too low for them to even consider.  The numbers were something like $75K asking and $90K comps.  I think I offered $81.2K.

Oh really?  Well, here's a thought Mr. Seller.  If you don't want to sell your duplex for $75K, then don't ask for $75K (eyeroll).

I would have gone a little higher than my original offer.  But I felt like they sucked too much to waste anymore of my time with and didn't submit another one. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Typing this from my office. Yup, we're working from the office today, but tomorrow, possibly at home, depending on where Laura goes. But my home computer is in the shop and will be for I don't know how much longer. I let my boss know that even if the power doesn't go out in the office but I can't come in, I won't be able to work from home either. It just sucks because this is normally a busy time of year.
  • @short+sassy it's the honey butter on the chicken and those danged potatoes for me.  Soooo good.  

Maybe the Frosty-cino difference is I get chocolate one?  B/c that's the proper Frosty flavor, the vanilla flavor is nonsense and a travesty.  I hadn't realized they had gotten another flavor years ago and ordered my Frosty.  She asked me what flavor and I was so confused.  I said, "Frosty flavored?"  She laughed at me and said chocolate, okay?

I just told a friend that if I can make it to January 2021, Biden is president, and my liver and brain are still healthy, I'm going to count it as the biggest win of my life.  B/c I just watched the shooting at the protests in WI and I'm having some serious ugly emotions that I'm just trying to let flow through me and out.
  • VarunaTT said:
    @short+sassy it's the honey butter on the chicken and those danged potatoes for me.  Soooo good.  

Maybe the Frosty-cino difference is I get chocolate one?  B/c that's the proper Frosty flavor, the vanilla flavor is nonsense and a travesty.  I hadn't realized they had gotten another flavor years ago and ordered my Frosty.  She asked me what flavor and I was so confused.  I said, "Frosty flavored?"  She laughed at me and said chocolate, okay?
    You and I @VarunaTT, so much in common but still so far apart, lol.  The only thing I DON'T like about Wendy's breakfast is that they have potatoes instead of hash browns.  But I've never been a fan of country potatoes as a breakfast side.  I can also see where having a different breakfast side than all the other FFs with their hashbrowns, would also help give Wendy a niche in the breakfast arena.

I also usually prefer vanilla over chocolate.  But I still loved your choice of words for a vanilla Frosty.  Nonsense and a travesty, lmao.  I had totally forgotten that chocolate used to be the only choice.

I had thought about giving the Frosty-cino one more chance and choose chocolate instead.

TBH, it was actually way different than I was expecting all around.  I thought they were going to mix an actual Frosty with coffee, so that it would be a frozen coffee*.  So to get a normal, liquid iced coffee that also didn't taste like a Frosty was doubly disappointing.

*I still think this is a much better idea and now I want to know why the company didn't create it like this, lol.  I can accept if my preference lost out in market testing.  But, Wendys, if this obvious idea didn't even make it to the drawing board...I can't even look at you anymore.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I need this Wendy’s Breakfast.

• Wendy's breakfast potatoes are the best! I am a potato girl and prefer those to hash browns from any other FF place. I've never heard of a Frosti-cino but yea it should be chocolate. I totally forgot that they have vanilla. Whaaaat! Frostys should be chocolate.

Just got back from a socially distant pool party. There were seven of us, and it was delightful! Wearing a mask floating in a pool is a pain, but I'll take what I can get. It was so relaxing. My friend said she will invite us all over again soon - hope it is before my surgery next week lol!
  • speaking of Frosty, last year some time they had a birthday cake flavored one -- maybe to celebrate Wendy's birthday -- and it was pretty good!

Sounds like fun @ILoveBeachMusic A friend's parents have a really nice in ground pool and they never use it but are ok letting others use it, even if our friend (their daughter) isn't there. Definitely fun to chill with friends outside.