Wedding Woes

Prudie Day

I'll start it today varuna ;)
Back from a restorative, relaxing week and a half in the White Mountain National Forest.  It was what we all needed, even if it's nice to be home.  I'm always amazed by how tall women are outside of NY, lol.  Hope everyone has a great day!

Re: Prudie Day

• ei34ei34 member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    And just commenting again to bring Thursday back to the top, wanted to send some good vibes on earlier posts I glanced while away
  • ei34ei34 member
    Yay for the "me time" @charlotte989875 ...kids are so great but I saw a meme a few weeks ago along the lines of "there's nothing like mini breaks from the kids, like when you buckle them into their car seat and then walk around the car to your door.  It's like  a Carnival cruise." Joking aside i hope that you start feeling better soon.   My parents have a second home in Lincoln, in the Loon Mountain resort.  But lots of Franconia Notch, Littleton, Conway...I like Hanover too, though I haven't spent much time there.  I'll bet you spent lots of time in VT? 

@MyNameIsNot I saw the protests too.  I believe yesterday was the fourth anniversary of Colin Kapernick's taking a knee...which simultaneously feels like yesterday and 10 years ago.
  • ei34 said:
    Yay for the "me time" @charlotte989875 ...kids are so great but I saw a meme a few weeks ago along the lines of "there's nothing like mini breaks from the kids, like when you buckle them into their car seat and then walk around the car to your door.  It's like  a Carnival cruise." Joking aside i hope that you start feeling better soon.   My parents have a second home in Lincoln, in the Loon Mountain resort.  But lots of Franconia Notch, Littleton, Conway...I like Hanover too, though I haven't spent much time there.  I'll bet you spent lots of time in VT? 

@MyNameIsNot I saw the protests too.  I believe yesterday was the fourth anniversary of Colin Kapernick's taking a knee...which simultaneously feels like yesterday and 10 years ago.
    H’s sister got married at Loon Mountain! It’s beautiful there, I bet you had a great week. 

I did spend a lot of time in Vermont, too! I love that entire area and we don’t get back there as often as I’d like. 
  • I'm sorry you don't have answers @charlotte989875, but yay for the alone time.  

Last night, one of the other cub scout leaders came over to assist with set up for our pack meeting here tonight.  We ended talking for almost 2 hours.  We ate dinner around 9, whoops.  Hee. 

I had to talk myself down from the ledge yesterday about our fall break vacation because I was getting ready to just take anything.  I had to talk DH off the ledge because he wants to do a massive road trip and I'm just trying to stay within 5-7 hours.  So no, Colorado is not happening on the fly.  Sorry, DH.  LOL

It's almost friggin' Friday.  Yay. 
  • @CharmedPam Happy belated birthday!

• Happy belated Birthday @CharmedPam

I am really happy to see professional sports getting involved. 
  • Thank you, @ei34!

I feel like crap today.  Mold is high and ragweed is moderate and I'm just dragging.  Of course, yesterday an email goes around that they're going to be taking our temps (they stuck to that last time all of 2 days), reminders about not feeling good, and that they're not sharing anyone's positive status.  Golly gee whiz, beav, I wonder if someone in the office has covid.  Sure enough, found out who it was this morning.

Honestly, it bothers me b/c: while I might not like everyone in my office, I'm human and I care.  This person has 3 teenagers at home, and we have hybrid virtual schooling right now.  My immediate concern is are they okay and then what do they need and what can we do for them?  Meals, groceries, Netflix PWs?  Then my own safety (which I should not have been exposed, me being a crotchety old lady at work seems to be paying off).

Otherwise, SSDD.  Tomorrow is Friday and I'm so ready.  This not seeing K for days at a time is really hard.  TMI, but we finally had sex this week and we really needed it.  My mental health affects my sex drive so much and it had definitely been a drought.  That is now on my list for my therapy appointment.  I'm going to have a novella by the time I get to this first appointment.
  • Podcast rec: "Worst Year Ever"  even if it's just for the theme song. 

"Welcome to the worst year ever.  We'll get through this together...or not. Everything is so dumb dumb, dumb, duh dumbdumb." 

• @CharmedPam, happy birthday! @charlotte989875, I hope your doctor can figure it out. Enjoy your me time!

Typing this from my office. The sun is shining out my window. Hurricane Laura didn't come to this neck of the woods. @short+sassy, I hope you're okay.

• Charlotte - Yay for me time!  And Ei - LOL at the "me time" that comes from after strapping the kid in and walking around the car!

Pam - Happy Belated Birthday!  I'm glad that you have someone new in your life!  Hopefully Ex will start leaving you alone to live your life.

Yoga last night was great.  It was the first time that I was able to hold my plank since restarting.  I feel like my muscles atrophied so much in the time that I stopped yoga.  I think it was about 6 weeks until my instructor was able to figure out how to have classes via zoom (she is older).  And sitting on the couch didn't help me much!  

Not much today.  SSDD.
  • Happy Belated Birthday @CharmedPam !
  • @ei34, your vacation sounds awesome!  I'm glad you all had a good time.

@charlotte989875, I hope they figure it out soon and it's nothing too bad.  Yay for driving and almost feeling like a real person, lol.

@CharmedPam, happy late birthday!  Glad to hear things are going pretty strong with the new guy.  I hoped you snacked on the fruit from the ex's Edible Arrangements with him, lol.

@Jen4948, oh good!  I'm so glad Houston was spared and that you are doing fine.  Though, of course, I'm sad for other areas.

Here in NOLA, we've been completely spared so far.  But now our time has come, lol.  At least to a minor extent.  Constant thunderstorms for the next 5 hours are about to start rolling through with a "severe" thunderstorm around 2:00.  There are also flash flood and tornado warnings.  F**k that noise.  I'm leaving to go home within the next 1-2 hours.  The streets around my office flood easily.  My own street doesn't flood, but the surrounding ones I need to take to get home do.  Plus it's just been an extra tiring and stressful week and I could use some decompressing (and a nap!), even if it is just for the afternoon. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • ei34ei34 member
    Stay safe S+S!  Happy belated @CharmedPam , sounds like a really nice bday!
  • Happy belated birthday! @CharmedPam

I hope you’re staying safe and dry! @short+sassy

I’m glad you’re safe @Jen4948

SSDD. We did our hike last night, for the first time with packs. FSIL was all paranoid it was slowing us down. I felt like we were sprinting up the mountain. And then at the end of the hike I saw we beat our usual time by 5 min and we were going 4.2 mph. I knew we weren’t slow! I was like can we chilllll the last 1/8 of a mile at least?! At least we’ll be in solid shape for our trip. And I know for a fact the guys are going to be slow as hell. They haven’t been hiking with us at all which is kind of annoying. I would love to go on at least two 10-15 mile hikes. That probably won’t happen. Boo. 

I’m ready for the weekend. FSIL are doing a ten mile hike ending with food and drinks to go from a restaurant we like downtown. It should be a really fun day. 

• Thanks for the bday wishes :)

everyone stay safe in the path of Laura. My friend named her daughter that.  After Tomb-raider! That’s the right pronunciation, right?

• Mother Nature.  Fooling me again, lol.  Perhaps I shouldn't speak too soon, but all the thunderstorms with potential street flooding that I was worried about didn't happen, so I have just stayed the whole day at work.

It's been gloomy and rainy all day.  And there were a few, short periods of thunder/heavy rain.  But that's about it.

Though I keep debating about taking a vacation day tomorrow.  It doesn't help that I'm soooo tired right now, I am unfairly biasing myself with the thoughts of sleeping in.  When I could really just make sure to go to bed earlier tonight and I'd be fine, lol.  It's like the old advice that you shouldn't go grocery shopping when you're hungry.   
    Wedding Countdown Ticker