Wedding Woes

MONDAY I think

I had to stop and think about what day it was

Re: MONDAY I think

• Congrats @VarunaTT that moved quickly, didn't it? 
  • You've got this @VarunaTT !

• Mostly SSDD here. Weekend went by quickly. Baby B moved up to the Pre-K class today although I don't think there's really any difference just different teachers. 

My goal for this week is to figure out a better work from home desk/position. I work from the kitchen table and I'm finally just tired of it. But we dont really have space for a desk anywhere without overcrowding another room. I dont mind the overcrowding but DH can be a butthead about that stuff. But of course my comfort and back pain should take priority over aesthetics. 
  • MNNEBride said:
    @charlotte989875 - you'll do great!  I'm glad your mom has taken precautions seriously so she can come over.

Waiting with good vibes to hear about @VarunaTT meeting with HR!

Weekend was pretty good here.  Saturday I ran some errands, did groceries and Sam's Club.  I need to place a pick-up order for Sam's for later this week because they were out of some things I wanted.  Sunday I took my mom to church and then picked up DH.  We had lunch at a roadside stand and then went to the cemetery to get the flowers from DH's family graves.  We explored the area a bit and then came home to do laundry and get ready for the work week.  

No new town home listings over the weekend so we are practicing our patience.  Our anniversary is Wednesday - 14 years!  We are going out to the nice steakhouse on Sunday night.  

Happy Monday!
    Thank you, me too! I think having my H talk to her helped, she seems to take info like this more seriously when it comes from him. 

Happy Anniversary!! Good luck with the townhouse hunting. When we bought our house it was also in a tough sellers market and it definitely took a lot of practice patience! 
  • Our air conditioner stopped working on Friday.  Thank GOD it was mid-70s and beautiful all weekend.  Someone is coming out this afternoon to look at it and fingers crossed it's an easy fix.  (I'm sure it's not, we had to top up the Freon about 6 weeks ago....it's on it's last legs).  We'll probably be living at the in-laws all week if it takes awhile to fix.  I'm a baby in the heat.  

Would appreciate continued T/P/vibes for SIL/BIL.  They're still having a really hard time. 
  • @CharmedPam He's got weird eyes and this was always a possibility, just sucks.
    Ooh new guy ;)
  • mrsconn23mrsconn23 member
    First Anniversary First Answer 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited August 2020
    OMG @VarunaTT, so excited for you.  Still sending purple vibes. 

Weekend was pretty good.  Friday night we bummed around the house.   It was very relaxing.  

Saturday, DH and DefConn sold popcorn for Scouts.  They picked up DefConn's BFF to hang out for the afternoon, which I love that kid.  DefConn's BFF is so funny and they're hilarious together. 

Sunday, we went boating with my dad and nephew.  It was a lot of fun.  My nephew wasn't sure about it all at first, but once he got comfortable he was a little fish.  He's almost 5 and it's just the best age. 

Had a pretty "Monday" morning.  We missed DefConn's bus on the first pass.  She was early and we were literally running down the drive. She didn't see us and kept going (it was a sub, our driver would wait a beat look for us), so we waited 20 min for her to make her way back past our house.  DefConn kept insisting he was going to have to be driven to school, LOL.  Nice try, bud. 
  • Thanks @MissKittyDanger! He was born 8/8, so 3 weeks already! 

Yah @CharmedPam his leave went really fast. I have 3 months but he only had 4 weeks (he used the first for when I had the inductions and csection). Definitely not enough time! Also, Congrats on the extensions and the new guy!! 

Congrats @VarunaTT on the promotion and all the vibes it works out. Did they give you any metrics or things you need to meet? Hope the CTJ talk with K is all right, those are hard. I also don’t think you’re an asshole. We all have our asshole moments though. Doesn’t mean we’re definitely the AH. 
  • VarunaTT said:
    I was very lazy this weekend.  Also had a CTJ moment put upon me from K.  It was deserved, they were totally right, and I'm an asshole.

So, I almost have the promotion.  TBH, I think I do, it's more a matter of making the promotion going to ME palatable for some other people.  Which is both funny and irritating, but fine.  I'm basically outlining a training manual right now.  We're doing a trial basis for 2 weeks, then I'll be evaluated, then we'll see for sure.  I feel like I have this, but it's not guaranteed.

Otherwise, SSDD.
    Congrats and good luck!

Just another manic Monday around my office and in my life. Still no computer. I was so burned out from last week that I spent Saturday just being lazy and caught up with things yesterday and today.
  • Pretty good weekend here. Friday we took the pup to the park and just chatted a bit about work and plans and security and all. I'm still nervous about my company announcing cuts, but I'm out of panic mode. Then we got take out and hung out at home for the rest of the night. Saturday I ran some errands, cleaned house, and then did the stupid memorial thing for my brother. After that we had a picnic in a nearby park, while it was 8 million degrees out. Yesterday was pretty much relaxing and getting things done around the house. We had a storm come through at about 5 and knock out the power which stayed out until about 3 am. This is the third time this summer we've had a long power outage. I'm seriously considering whether we need to look into a generator or some type of alternate power source. 

My current annoyance is FedEx. I ordered a chair from Wayfair back in July. It was supposed to come a few weeks ago. FedEx had it out for delivery, but never delivered and just has it pending. I called a few times, they couldn't figure anything out, so I finally went back to Wayfair. Wayfair promptly filed a lost package and shipped a new one. Which FedEx has --- you guessed it --- lost. I don't know what to say anymore. 

Nothing much else going on. We've got plans to go see H's sister this weekend, so it's a 4 day week. I'm not a huge fan of SIL, but it's good for H to spend time with her. 
  • I had a really good weekend. On Saturday FSIL and I did our big hike and then walk to downtown. We got food and drinks and then hung out at the house. Our pool arrived on Friday so we set that up and it was great. Sunday we hiked again for a total of 20 miles for the whole weekend. FI and I ended up having a really good evening with some excellent bcbc. I’m a little tired today but happy the weekend was so much fun. Poor FI got stung by a bee though and his hand is actually more swollen today. If it doesn’t go down at all with a second dose (today) of Benadryl I’m going to recommend he has a telehealth appointment with his doctor later. I’m not happy about the fact that he’s having the severity of reaction he is to the sting. I told him to ask his doctor for an epi pen just in case since this sting was considerably worse than the last time he got stung. And our backyard is full of bees and wasps. 

Otherwise, SSDD. Looking forward to a short four day work week. Then it’s FI’s birthday, another short four day weekend and then ten days off for vacation. I can’t wait.