Wedding Party
Options

What To Call Older Niece and Nephew?!

Hey Everyone,
My fiance and I collectively have 7 nieces and nephews. 5 of them are the appropriate age for ring bearers and flower girls and are very happy to do so! 2 (1 niece- 11 years old & 1 nephew 13 years old) have hinted that they are too old to be ring bearer/flower girl(agreed) We aren't having a wedding party and the nieces will all be wearing the same formal pagent like dress (not the traditional white flower girl dresses) they boys will be wearing the same formal tuxes. I don't want to burst the bubbles of the younger girls/boys and make them all jr bridemaids/ jr ushers since they are excited at potentially being ring bearers/flower girls. Is there a title that is more suitable for the older 2 without making them sound more important? Bouquet holder and usher? TIA

Re: What To Call Older Niece and Nephew?!

• Options
    Why not just make them bridesmaids and groomsmen?     I would not want to be 11 and a bouquet holder so why not extend the title to them at ages they are?     
  • Options
    Jen4948Jen4948 member
    First Anniversary First Answer First Comment 5 Love Its
    edited September 2020
    Hey Everyone,
    My fiance and I collectively have 7 nieces and nephews. 5 of them are the appropriate age for ring bearers and flower girls and are very happy to do so! 2 (1 niece- 11 years old & 1 nephew 13 years old) have hinted that they are too old to be ring bearer/flower girl(agreed) We aren't having a wedding party and the nieces will all be wearing the same formal pagent like dress (not the traditional white flower girl dresses) they boys will be wearing the same formal tuxes. I don't want to burst the bubbles of the younger girls/boys and make them all jr bridemaids/ jr ushers since they are excited at potentially being ring bearers/flower girls. Is there a title that is more suitable for the older 2 without making them sound more important? Bouquet holder and usher? TIA
    I agree with @banana468 to just call them bridesmaids and groomsmen if they are performing the same functions as adult bridesmaids and groomsmen. At age 11, they will not be "excited" to be called "bouquet holders" or "junior" anything. They don't need to be more "excited" to be in your wedding than adults would be.
  • Options
    My daughter had an 11 year old bridesmaid in addition to her adult bridesmaids. I was afraid she'd be bored, since it was a long service and she wasn't used to attending religious services, but she loved it.