Wedding Woes

Tuesday

short+sassyshort+sassy member
First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
edited September 2020 in Wedding Woes
I hope you all had a good weekend.  Mine was much busier than I thought!  Both Friday and Sunday were more of a blur from running so many errands.  On both Sat. and Mon., we did socially distant BBQ'ing with neighbors.  That was a lot of fun.

We accepted a deposit for our rental from the woman I had a meeting with last week.  She is the one who runs an organization that places elderly people in rentals.  It almost sounds like it will be a "mini" nursing home because she was telling us that a staff member will live there also.  She also wants the other unit in that same duplex when it is completed, which should be sometime in the next couple weeks.  I'm preparing her lease today.

I might have another 4-day weekend this weekend!  I have to talk to my boss.  I'm already planning to take the next three Mondays off to use up the vacation time that would be paid out to me otherwise.  But I came in today and found out I have a Zoom meeting scheduled from 5:30pm-6:30pm!  WTF!?!  Really annoying they are doing it that late.  But they guy who scheduled it is in Phoenix and I guess he just forgot it's two hours later in the Central time zone.  So I need to ask my boss if he wants me to use OT for the meeting or take time off on Friday.  If he opts for Friday, which is my half day anyway, then I'll just take all of Fri. off.

I didn't get enough sleep last night and am really dragging today.  It's only 9AM and I can barely keep my eyes open, lol.  But, other than that, a good day all around!
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Tuesday

• That sounds great for the rental @short+sassy I hope it all works out!!
  • My weekend sucked. 

Well not all, my parents bright dinner over Saturday while H went to his draft. But early Sunday morning when I was feeding the baby my incision split open and I ended up in the hospital for a few hours with an infection in addition to the hematoma. The pain sucks and I’m down about how poorly my recovery has gone. And the baby didn’t nap because I was hind for so long. 

Yesterday was better but still not how I wanted to spend the weekend. 
  • That sounds great S+S about the "mini nursing home" situation. 

Ouch @charlotte989875 sorry to hear that. Sounds like some extra downtime is in order. Glad you have help though!

My weekend was decent. My parents had B Fri night through Sunday morning which was nice although I didn't really do much. Had lunch with friends Saturday but that's about it. I think bc we work from home and he is in daycare on the weekdays so we have a lot of flexibility for stuff like running errands/shopping that it wasn't as exciting to not have a kid around so I didn't feel the need to go do stuff like I may have in the past. 

Finally moved him to a regular bed instead of his crib. He'd been fine in his crib so there was never a reason to move him. Was nervous about the bed and how he would react but so far so good 2 nights in. He was soooooo clingy Sunday and Monday, I think I got more hugs and snuggles than a normal week combine. It was cute but also a bit overwhelming lol 
  • @charlotte989875 I'm so sorry to hear that.

@short+sassy , that sounds good about the rental situation if it works to have a mini nursing home. Best of luck!

@kvruns, I would have appreciated an unexciting weekend. I'm glad that the baby seems to be doing okay in his new bed.

My weekend was okay. I posted about it yesterday.

• Hi All!

Ouch! @charlotte989875 I am sorry that happened to you. I hope it heals quickly now.

Our weekend was good. We were supposed to have a small BBQ with some friends, but then DH got "food poisoning/ stomach flu" so I cancelled it. We ended up getting some much needed organizing done, with DH voluntarily tackling his office space while I went to Ikea and DS napped.
  • @charlotte989875, That's awful. I hope you're feeling better now.

Pretty good weekend for us. We went down to visit SIL at their new house. They're about a 10 minute walk from the beach, so that doesn't suck. I got to play with my little niece and got some sun. Both niece and I got stung by jellyfish, but it wasn't too bad. We got home late yesterday, so I'm getting caught up at work and also trying to get the house back together. I'm happy for the short week! 
  • @charlotte989875 Oh no!  I hope it heals well for you, but sorry that you had to go through that.  Hopefully no more setbacks in your recovery.

@short+sassy That sounds great - I'm happy that this is working out for you!  

Hubby is back in school now, and it feels so weird not having him around.  Since I work from home I don't see him during the day except for breaks and lunch because I lock myself in my office, but it does feel bizarre not to chat with him at those times.  It's going to take some getting used to.  The dog is also a little mopey today, so I wonder if she is missing him.

My nephews and niece went back to school today.  I'm thinking about everyone that has to be back in the schools!  Hopefully everything goes okay.

• @charlotte989875, sorry to hear that happend. Hope all is better now. 
    @short+sassy, hope it al works out and brings on even another filled unit. 
    Ouch @MyNameIsNot - they don’t hurt that bad?  I’ve never been stung by one.  Lake < Ocean lol (Did I do that right or should it be Lake > Ocean...)

weekend was nice at the lake.  Relaxing.  Nothing really to report. 

• @CharmedPam, It depends on the type. There are some really nasty Box Jellys and Man O'War in the Pacific that can be really bad. The little ones you see in the gulf (maybe 5 inch diameter?) floating close to the beach are NBD. I was standing in the ocean talking to someone and felt like there was a piece of paper wrapped around my foot. I shook it off and it started to sting. Less than a bee sting but more than a mosquito, I guess? By the time I cleaned it up the sting was gone. My niece screamed and cried, but she's 3. Everything is dramatic. 

Don't get me wrong, I'll jump in the lake any day, but I'd take a jelly over the snakes and reptiles we see in the lakes around here. At least I can see my feet in the ocean, I cant see anything in the lake!
  • @CharmedPam @MyNameIsNot
    https://www.alieward.com/ologies/toxinology

I will stop recommending this podcast when I die, it is pure joy. Here is an episode about Jellyfish venom. If you are more interested in Jellyfish in general, look at the episode before this one. ☺️
  • The weekend was absolutely unproductive and boring and exactly what I needed.  We bought new sheets and some new stuff at BBB that we'd been needing and then just kind of futzed around shopping for a few hours.  Nothing else to report.  I did finish watching Into the Badlands and I wish they'd gotten their final season, b/c it's a great television show. The cinematography, costume design, fighting choreography, were probably some of the best I've ever seen on TV.  The acting was brilliant, but the writing sometimes failed the acting; probably the only inconsistent thing about the show.  Highly recommend.

SSDD at work.  The newbies are starting to settle in a bit I think.  I've got one that there's a real barrier and we've been talking a lot today.  I think he's smart and he wants to make a good impression so badly that he's ending up lurching from thing to thing, instead of taking the time to slow down and learn (especially right now, when he'll be given the room to do that).  I really want to see Tenet, but I've been so drained when i get home from work, i barely do anything except cook and try to meet my reading goal.
  • Our weekend was no big deal. I'm staying in bed except for bathroom breaks and a couple of trips to the living room/kitchen and back. That about wears me out. I'm feeling ok - no sharp pain just dull aches which I assume is normal. I'm cutting back on pain meds. Friday I have my post-op appointment. At that time the bandage will be removed. That will be great because it is in an uncomfortable spot. Some friends have been bringing dinners over - that has been so great even though H is a good cook. He's been busy helping me move around and doing general house stuff. I have a cleaning lady coming tomorrow which will be great.

@charlotte989875 I'm so sorry that happened. I hope you will heal quickly from now on out. @short+sassy good luck with the new renter. That sounds like it could be a really great situation.
  • OMG @charlotte989875, that sounds horrible.  I'm so sorry.  Take it easy and I hope you feel better soon.  

Our weekend was fairly low-key.  Not a ton of people were out at the farm.  My allergies kicked my ass because the farm is up on a hill which means it stays fairly breezy all the time and ragweed is insane.  I went to bed early most nights because I had to take a benadryl. 

DH and I are contemplating a trip west next month for fall break because airfare is cheap as hell right now.  I was talking to a friend who's married to an engineer who designs ventilation systems and he said he'd go on a plane before sending his kids to school because ventilation on airplanes better than most buildings.  We're not sure where we'll go quite yet, but I'm hoping we'll figure it out by the end of this week. If we decide not to fly, we're still hoping to do a driving vacation within 6-7 hours.  

I'm dragging ass today. Mondayest Tuesday ever. 

• mrsconn23 said:
    OMG @charlotte989875, that sounds horrible.  I'm so sorry.  Take it easy and I hope you feel better soon.  

Our weekend was fairly low-key.  Not a ton of people were out at the farm.  My allergies kicked my ass because the farm is up on a hill which means it stays fairly breezy all the time and ragweed is insane.  I went to bed early most nights because I had to take a benadryl. 

DH and I are contemplating a trip west next month for fall break because airfare is cheap as hell right now.  I was talking to a friend who's married to an engineer who designs ventilation systems and he said he'd go on a plane before sending his kids to school because ventilation on airplanes better than most buildings.  We're not sure where we'll go quite yet, but I'm hoping we'll figure it out by the end of this week. If we decide not to fly, we're still hoping to do a driving vacation within 6-7 hours.  

I'm dragging ass today. Mondayest Tuesday ever. 

• Thanks everyone, it definitely sucks but hoping it heals quickly!

Glad you’re feeling “okay” @ILoveBeachMusic; recovery is super tough, I’m glad you have people helping out! 
  • Charlotte - That is awful!  I'm sorry about that, but don't get yourself down about it.  It wasn't anything you did to cause the incision the not heal.  Just take it as easy as you can and rely extra on any help that you can get.

We had a nice weekend.  DD loved Longwood Gardens!  I think she got as big a kick out of there as she did eating our fast food dinner in the car on the way home!

We also started the install on the shower door, but we are only doing a little bit at a time.