Wedding Woes

Monday, Monday

Weekend was pretty good, we now have a functioning bathroom vanity! We also got a new cabinet so the bathroom is looking pretty good. 

H did it Saturday while my parents came over, mowed the lawn, brought us dinner, and held the baby so I could nap. Y’all my family is tough sometimes but they really are showing up for us right now. 

Re: Monday, Monday

• Love it!

Kids are in school today so the house is really quiet.

The weekend was decently productive.   Saturday we went down to the pool so the kids could get some cold swimming in.   I've started to organize the living/dining area knowing that it's also a home learning area as well.   I was so tired of seeing pencil cases and work books just out on tables so a $20 investment in collapsible cubes now has under dining bench storage looking far more streamlined.   Curtains are washed (thank you Target for making ones that don't need to be dry cleaned!) and kiddos have clean sheets. 

It wasn't huge but it felt good to feel a bit more organized. 
  • That looks really good @charlotte989875. I'm so glad your family is able to help you out now. 

We had a very low key weekend. I finished watching Alias on Amazon and started the last season of Shameless. Not sure what will be next.

The doctor told me on Friday, that I'm having an allergic reaction to the anti-inflammatory they had me on after surgery. So I stopped taking it. I still have so many itchy spots it is driving me nuts! Some of them are getting better but it seems as if more have popped up. The ones on my neck and face come and go. I'm also taking Benadryl to calm it down. I'm becoming a grumpy patient I'm afraid. I really hate being so dependent on H for everything. I also am tired of just sitting and watching TV. I want to do stuff around the house but just can't. Sorry for my pity party y'all. Just not use to being so limited. 
  • That looks really good @charlotte989875. I'm so glad your family is able to help you out now. 

We had a very low key weekend. I finished watching Alias on Amazon and started the last season of Shameless. Not sure what will be next.

The doctor told me on Friday, that I'm having an allergic reaction to the anti-inflammatory they had me on after surgery. So I stopped taking it. I still have so many itchy spots it is driving me nuts! Some of them are getting better but it seems as if more have popped up. The ones on my neck and face come and go. I'm also taking Benadryl to calm it down. I'm becoming a grumpy patient I'm afraid. I really hate being so dependent on H for everything. I also am tired of just sitting and watching TV. I want to do stuff around the house but just can't. Sorry for my pity party y'all. Just not use to being so limited. 
    That really sucks! I’m sorry you’re having these complications it’s got to be so frustrating. 

Definitely have your pity party, you didn’t expect this to happen! Hoping you get some relief soon. 
  • @charlotte989875, It looks so good! I'm also happy your family are stepping up. That's huge!

Also a moderately productive weekend here. Friday was socially distant wine in a friend's backyard. Saturday we got caught up on yard work. It was a lot; we even cleaned out the gutters. I was sore! Then football (my team won) and a couple of friends came for dinner. Yesterday we moved furniture. Still sore (boo) but now have a fully functioning guest room and a couch in the basement (yay). 

Looking forward to this week. If the weather channel is not lying, today is the last hot day. Starting tomorrow we're expecting highs in the 70s. I've already pulled out my hikers!
  • Had a mostly low key weekend. Met a friend Friday after work for a walk along the river. Got my hair done Saturday night. Then the same friend and I went into the city to have an outdoor dinner. That's about it. 
  • @charlotte989875 Love the sink. I've already said if we redo the counter/sink in next house, I want that. No more sink lip b.s! Such a bitch to clean *sigh*

Weekend was good.
    Friday was typical but I was packing for BabyKitten's visit to my mum's on Saturday. Luckily my mum has some sweaters and jammies at her place so I didn't have to pack so much.

Saturday - dropped BabyKitten at my mum's around 11am, I had set up a grocery order so we picked that up on our way home.
    We went to ikea but the line was stupid so we checked bookstore. Worked in our favour as I got part of gift for BIL & SIL, M got a gift for SFIL.

Went home, got lunch, I took a power nap on the couch, then we headed to do AXE THROWING!!!
    I was so excited and I am very good lol
    M and I were joking afterwards. I was saying that sure, I got more bullseyes BUT the overall score probably would have been close because he would get the board lots. It's basically like darts but you don't share a board.
    M says I would have surpassed him on the sheer amount of bullseyes alone. I'm not gonna lie. I was really shocked how good I was.
    We're very sore though lol it's like doing lots of crunches lol

Our way home we saw ikea had no lines and online said it was still open, even though a lot of places had changed hours for covid.
    Was still open. We measured a few desks and down to 2 ideas. Neither of which are in stock but whatever.
    Got what we went for and headed home.

Has anyone seen the newest Ghostbusters with the female cast?
    I'm glad I didn't pay for it but I didn't hate it. I liked the quips to the original but not a fan they didn't acknowledge the 1st existed. *sigh*

Sunday - not much. Cleaned up a bit. Picked up BabyKitten and she basically crashed on way home {it was near nap time lol}
    M built the shelf that we bought after she woke up.
    Not much else *shrug*
  • @charlotte989875 that looks great! It's awesome your family is coming through for you too!
    @ILoveBeachMusic have your pity party! Have you tried any crafts you can do from bed? Paint by number, cross stitch, jewelry making? Something like that to take your mind off things?
    @banana468 There's nothing quite like a good tidy up. I spent most of my Friday basically tidying but really going through everything instead of just putting them into piles **cough cough** like DH does *cough*. I had seriously been slacking on getting laundry put away but it is done now and feel great.
    @MyNameIsNot FX for cooler weather and unsore muscles soon. :)

DH is going into work for the first time ever tomorrow. He started in April so everyone was working from home, then the company changed locations and there was no desk for him, but now there is so off he goes. It will be weird to have the house to myself again. 
    His birthday is the 23rd. I booked a 4hour fishing trip with his buddies for his birthday, but it won't happen until 2 weeks after his birthday Lol. He'll be extra surprised!

I can't remember if I mentioned it or not but, my sister got engaged and is planning her wedding for next September in NH. Idk if I am crossing my fingers that I get pregnant this month or not as that would put me due in August. If I'm not, we will have to hold off trying until Feb or so. :/

DS's birthday is in a month. I should probably start thinking about that.
  • Looks great @charlotte989875! Also, yay for family.  

Weekend...

The good: We firmed up our travel plans to visit our friends over fall break, the weather was excellent, we had a very chill Saturday afternoon, I purged DefConn's clothes and  I found $9 jeans for him at Old Navy (their clearance rack is the shit especially for kids) and football is BACK. 

The bad: I have a cold/allergy/sinus yuck hanging around that will not.go.away, my sister was still on the struggle bus (I brought her some stuff to help her recovery out), I didn't sleep very well, and the damn Colts lost to JACKSONVILLE! 

Today is 10 years since one of my best friends passed away.  We had a zoom remembrance/memorial for her last night with a ton of her family and friends.  Getting to see everyone, and their kids!, was awesome.  It was so lovely. 

We did make plans for our friends to come over for football next weekend and also for my family to come over the 1st weekend of Oct. for the Bears/Colts game and fall bdays (we have 4 in my family).  My sisters, dad, and 1 BIL are Bears fans and DH, other BIL, and I are Colts fans. I called dad to tell him and he was so excited about the plan.  I love giving him stuff to look forward to.  

I'm feeling OK today.  I don't feel worse, but I'd like to feel better than I do.  
  • Happy Monday!

Friday night we ordered pizza as we were both just exhausted from the week.  Saturday was very low key and then we finally went to dinner for our anniversary.  We went to a local steakhouse that was very good.  

Sunday was church, laundry and the Packer/Vikes game.  We are a house divided with me being a Packer fan and DH a Vikes fan.  It was a good day for me - not so much for DH.  Made a good recipe in the Instant Pot for supper - Beef tips and noodles.  

Today is.... a Monday.  I'm tired and coffee isn't helping.  Will have to power through as I am facilitating another cohort of our two week orientation program starting today.  It's all virtual and I only need to be on camera for an hour or so.  

Other than that, we are pretty frustrated that no town home listings have come up with our perimeters in 3 weeks.  Maybe the timing just isn't right.  
  • @MissKittyDanger Axe throwing sounds amazing!  I've always wanted to go.  I've done knife throwing and archery, but axe throwing is on a different level.  

I was productive this weekend.  I was able to make hubby a little happy for his birthday - we didn't do much, but I made him some good food and that seemed to be celebration enough for him.  I'd like to do a bigger celebration next year to make up for it, if COVID is gone by then.  I also did a bunch of stuff around the house getting ready for the colder weather.  Always more to do!  It was nice to get stuff done though.

• @charlotte989875 Love the vanity! And so glad that your family came over to help.

Weekend was good. Friday we had happy hour at my in-laws house after picking up the baby. Saturday afternoon we ended up going over to one of H's aunt's house. They've done a huge remodel and I ended up with serious house envy. The baby got to meet some family she hasn't seen yet and got lots of snuggles.

Sunday I cleaned the entire house and got all of the laundry done. H took the baby to the inlaws to watch the Bills play so I could have uninterrupted cleaning time. Our house is never dirty, but everything needed a a good once-over. Plus I wanted to start the week fresh.

Today also starts a serious diet and getting back into running. I had lost all the baby weight pretty quickly but then put back on 15 pounds. None of my clothes fit and I'm not happy with my body. Getting serious about intermittent fasting again and trying to work out at least 30 minutes a day or go for a run.
  • VarunaTT said:
    I'm sleepy this morning.  I saw Labyrinth twice and decided last minute to see Batman as well yesterday.  Then still did laundry when I got home.  Oh and I bought a black tree and we have a Halloween tree, because I needed something sparkly and gorgeous in my life right now.

Otherwise, SSDD.
    That sounds amazing!  What a cool idea.  I am thinking of decorating for Halloween this year, but I'm not sure if we will yet.  We already have a medieval vibe going, and we have a couple fake dragon skulls around .... I could do something.  

• CharmedPamCharmedPam member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited September 2020
    I’ve always wanted to do axe throwing too.  Glad you liked it and maybe found something to do every so often @MissKittyDanger!  
    @charlotte989875, looks great! Glad you were able to get it done plus nap.  I hear that’s hard to come by for moms.

Friday was great. I decided to make a lasagna and actually try my hand at a homemade marinara for it.  It turned out excellent. The boy came over and we ate that and watched the new Mulan.  Saturday I went to my friends’ birthday party and Sunday was just a lazy day.  I woke up today with 2 TV issues.  My gym one wouldn’t connect to the internet, thus, no netflix for my morning walk AND my bedroom TV which was randomly flashing on one side the last few months, was rapidly flashing when I woke up.  So I knew I had to bite the bullet and get a new one.  I purchased a new one (same brand just 4k instead of 1080p) and it’s coming on Wednesday. Booo.

• I’ve always wanted to do axe throwing too.  Glad you liked it and maybe found something to do every so often @MissKittyDanger!  
    @charlotte989875, looks great! Glad you were able to get it done plus nap.  I hear that’s hard to come by for moms.

Friday was great. I decided to make a lasagna and actually try my hand at a homemade marinara for it.  It turned out excellent. The boy came over and we ate that and watched the new Mulan.  Saturday I went to my friends’ birthday party and Sunday was just a lazy day.  I woke up today with 2 TV issues.  My gym one wouldn’t connect to the internet, thus, no netflix for my morning walk AND my bedroom TV which was randomly flashing on one side the last few months, was rapidly flashing when I woke up.  So I knew I had to bite the bullet and get a new one.  I purchased a new one (same brand just 4k instead of 1080p) and it’s coming on Wednesday. Booo.
    How was it?  I was looking forward to this one, but don't know how the live action will stand up without the songs.  Because the songs are amazing.

• @kerbohl, it’s OK. I feel like the other disney renditions hit the mark better.  I enjoyed it - but you’re right.  Needs the songs! 

• @missJeanLouise if you got pregnant now, you'd be due in June. Lol I actually got pregnant with BabyKitten 3yrs ago this week ;) To put you due in August, you'd have to get pregnant in November.

@kerbohl I've never done knives, but I've attempted archery and it was incredibly heavy for me lmao! Axes are so much easier despite the after math pain ;)
  • Not much here, pretty boring weekend. Basically just stayed home and tried to convince baby B not to be a monster. Finally found a small slide for outside that wasn't crazy expensive. We already have one but he's almost too big for the set we have bc it has a roof and he's too tall so I'm hoping to find a small set that has some climbing space + slide. This separate slide will be good to move around for things like the slip n slide. Now to find an affordable play set. Our yard slopes so all I can do is a small plastic one on the deck, and those are still expensive on FB marketplace. 

Went to the office this morning for some IT help. Had no idea we were hosting a decent sized client meeting - whoops. There's me in my yoga pants and tshirt and like 15 coworkers all looking nice. 
  • I am hanging on by a thread for no good reason. 
    The kid was struggling today.
    There hasn't been angry or yelling but a lot of frustation and tears.
    I am not sure how we're gonna do this.

And my work is doing some fuckery about time avail. and what hours of unemployment are allowed.  Which has me incandescent with rage on what is probably only a small matchhead size spark.
    But I'm still pissy about it all, because of what I give and what I think I should get out of this.

I'm reading up on the Family First act bullshit and working on my resume not-quite-voluntarily.
  • My weekend was good. Saturday my 4yo had her first swim lesson and loved it! She put her face in the water and everything. I’m excited to see how she progresses. Hopefully she will be swimming by next summer. Sunday H watched the Browns game and I did Laundry then we went to the sunflower fields for our family photos. It had rained and was a little muddy and my 20month old was crabby and the older one was a little stubborn but I think we hopefully got a few good ones. We stopped for Insomnia cookies on the way home since we had an early dinner before pictures and it was delicious!

I stopped at the craft store on my lunch and got some white shirts. We are going to a cabin this weekend and I am bringing stuff to Tie-dye and I am unreasonably excited about it. Lol

• Been feeling down. Had a play reading on Saturday, which was fun, but other than that, I had to spend money on emergencies: in addition to my new computer not being completely up and going because I need to get certain files off my old hard drive, my cell phone also broke and I had to buy a new one.

Then this morning I needed repairs on my car. It delayed me getting into my office and when I got here my bosses jumped on me. I was trying to handle one issue, where one of the bosses asked me to contact a client, and he called back just as another one wanted to discuss another project. I asked her if we could talk about it in a few minutes, and she actually had the nerve to ask me why I took the job!

Payday isn't until tomorrow, so I had to dig into "rainy day" funds to pay for the car and phone.

:s 

• GBCK said:
    I am hanging on by a thread for no good reason. 
    The kid was struggling today.
    There hasn't been angry or yelling but a lot of frustation and tears.
    I am not sure how we're gonna do this.

And my work is doing some fuckery about time avail. and what hours of unemployment are allowed.  Which has me incandescent with rage on what is probably only a small matchhead size spark.
    But I'm still pissy about it all, because of what I give and what I think I should get out of this.

I'm reading up on the Family First act bullshit and working on my resume not-quite-voluntarily.
    Ugh what a mess, hope you can get a moment to breath soon!  If you have questions about FFCRA let me know, I do a lot of advising to our clients about it and am happy to try to help you figure out your options
  • Jen4948 said:
    Been feeling down. Had a play reading on Saturday, which was fun, but other than that, I had to spend money on emergencies: in addition to my new computer not being completely up and going because I need to get certain files off my old hard drive, my cell phone also broke and I had to buy a new one.

Then this morning I needed repairs on my car. It delayed me getting into my office and when I got here my bosses jumped on me. I was trying to handle one issue, where one of the bosses asked me to contact a client, and he called back just as another one wanted to discuss another project. I asked her if we could talk about it in a few minutes, and she actually had the nerve to ask me why I took the job!

Payday isn't until tomorrow, so I had to dig into "rainy day" funds to pay for the car and phone.

Yikes, one bad thing after another. I hope things go smoothly from now on for quite some time. You deserve a break after all of that nonsense
  • kvruns said:
    Jen4948 said:
    Been feeling down. Had a play reading on Saturday, which was fun, but other than that, I had to spend money on emergencies: in addition to my new computer not being completely up and going because I need to get certain files off my old hard drive, my cell phone also broke and I had to buy a new one.

Yikes, one bad thing after another. I hope things go smoothly from now on for quite some time. You deserve a break after all of that nonsense
    Thanks!
  • Weekend was nice.  @charlotte989875 I feel you on the family stuff. My IL's drive me up a wall sometimes, but they've been so awesome lately.  They came over most of the day on Saturday and hung with the babe while H and I finally dug into the 400 projects we want to do around the house. We made lots of progress and kiddo loves to see them so it was a win win.  Sunday we napped, watched football, and went for a long walk.  Overall wonderful weekend!
  • @kvruns, it looks like if I'm only reduced in hours, not working 0, it doesn't apply?
    AND doesn't apply under 50 employees?

So I"m kinda screwed.  But I'll survive
  • @GBCK an under 50 group can claim exemption if allowing employees to take paid leave would jeopardize the viability of the business. That includes things like: 
    • (a) providing the leave would result in the small business' expenses and financial obligations exceeding available business revenues and cause the employer to cease operating at a minimal capacity;

• (b) the absence of the employee or employees requesting such leave would entail a substantial risk to the financial health or operational capabilities of the employer because of their specialized skills, knowledge of the business or responsibilities; or

• (c) there are not sufficient workers who are able, willing, and qualified, and who will be available at the time and place needed, to perform the labor or services provided by the employee or employees requesting the leave, and these labor or services are needed for the small business to operate at a minimal capacity

FFCRA is only going to provide paid leave if you are unable to work because your child's school/daycare is closed and you cannot work from home (and also if someone is seeking medical care/diagnosis due to covid19). There are options for reduced leave where someone says I can work some but not FT because I have to do home schooling and you can take half leave half working time. 

It sounds like your job is just reducing hours? If that is the case then you should apply for unemployment for that reduction in hours. Each state does it a bit differently as far as how much of a reduction is needed to qualify but I would encourage you to apply just in case if they have reduced your hours. It could be retroactive back to the time the reduction began so definitely worth looking into since the feds did authorize an extra $300/week in August. 
  • That makes sense.
    I'm getting unemployment.
    I'm just running into them saying my work is reduced by 8 hours, when I"m actually working 15 less, because I"m not available for the other 7 more. (those are approx #'s, I have to pll the letter to get exacts)

And reasonably, I can't do all of my job at home.  Fuck, none of us can do most of our jobs regardless of where we are.
  • ahh gotcha, so then if the company was required to offer paid leave under FFCRA you would be eligible for those 7* hours a week at 2/3 pay up to a total of 480 hours since those are hours you are being asked to work but cannot due to child care. But if the company is claiming the exemption then there's likely not much you can do :(