Wedding Woes

Trying to find motivation TUESDAY

Trying to find motivation to work on things besides easy-answer emails. Thus far it isn't happening

Re: Trying to find motivation TUESDAY

• Same @kvruns. Which is a problem because it's full on busy season for me.

Took DD to her helmet appointment this morning. Hopefully only 6 more weeks and she'll be out of it. I can't wait to get rid of that thing. 

Otherwise, SSDD. It was only 40 degrees this morning when I left at 6 am for the appointment. I love fall but I'm not quite ready for it to be that cold yet.
  • It is chilly here today, one of those days where I start in long pants/long sleeves for a walk and end up in shorts/short sleeves by the end of the day. Always hard dressing B bc if I put him in a sweatshirt jacket in the morning he will insist on wearing it all day even if it gets warm and sunny later on. 

I'm clearly still bitter about work bc we announced another promotion today and I wanted to text my boss and ask if that guy got a raise :) 
  • It's definitely a "dress in layers day".   I have both kids in long pants and I'm in long sleeves too.  

@kvruns can you talk at all to your boss about the situation or is your field something that's so niche that there aren't a lot of salaries available for you to pull?   

• Second Monday is the worst. I have zero motivation to do anything today aside from eat. And nap. And i'm in the office..lol. 
  • @banana468 although I haven't seen the data myself as of 2 years ago I was at the top of the range for my job based on salary data, although that was part of the push for a promotion to open it up. We actually do compensation consulting work here so they have all of the data behind the scenes but it is pretty niche for finding things myself because it is a bit of a mashup of jobs. 

I need to talk to my boss to make myself feel less bitter, but the reality is it won't change anything, I am 100% positive of that based on how this org is. 
  • Second Monday is the worst. I have zero motivation to do anything today aside from eat. And nap. And i'm in the office..lol. 
    eat and nap sounds like a good day at the office to me!
  • It's still pretty hot here.

I started rhinestoning the witch hat for my Halloween tree last night, just because.  It wasn't sparkly enough.  We've got another pretty massive chance of exposure to covid right now and are waiting on results of the person we were in close contact with (it's an avoidable person to us and then we're unavoidable to each other).  Right now, we're separating ourselves at home as much as possible and masking.  Once we have that result, we have a unavoidable potential secondary to discuss how we want to handle. 

I'm fucking over all of this, I hate white republican christians and their belief in their right to endanger me because they can't "believe" in science.  I'm glad I start therapy today, b/c my temper is about to blow and I definitely need some tools to try and get a grip.

Otherwise, SSDD.  Trying to make some joy in my life, but struggling.
  • I was hoping I wouldn't feel depressed today, but ... SSDD. I did something my boss asked me to do, only to find that it involved an IRS call to an unhelpful agent. So my boss blames me for not getting through and having to do it herself because the agent said so and then disappeared from the call.

It's always my fault.
  • Motivation? What’s that?

@VarunaTT was there exposure at your office or with K? 

My TV came in ONE day.  However, I tried the old one again and the fast flashing was gone.  The one flash per minute also seemed to be gone.  There is a dark streak right down the middle, so I’m changing it out regardless. 

• I did a massive Trader Joes run for the first time in months.  It was awesome and i'm so pumped to have good sauces and snacks and frozen food and bread (their produce is just meh for me). 

I'm having a major beef with Wal-Mart at the moment.  I have a big gift card from a work thing that was sent electronically that i wanted to use for groceries.  Except you can't use gift cards for pickup or delivery.  So I went in store last night, got to the check out, and they don't accept e-gift cards.  As in, you have to PRINT the ELECTRONIC gift card to use it in store - even though i had the balance in my walmart app and the email with the actual gift card and code.  WTF. 

I'm so ready for chilly weather.  It's been teasing us in the Chi area for the last week, but supposed to be 80 today.  
  • @Jen4948, From some of the other stories you have told, it sounds like your boss is a pain to work for.  I hope your day gets better for the short-term and your job gets better for the long-term!

I took a vacation day yesterday.  Which means I am extra tired today after having three days to sleep in. Our new tenant (the mini nursing home) is moving in today.  Or at least that is what is supposed to be happening.  I feel out of the loop because my H is handling almost all of it.  I'm just focused on the first month's rent being put in my hand, lol.

I'm so thankful Hurricane Sally veered off to the East.  Though, of course, I feel bad for the people in its path.  A couple days ago it was forecasted to be hitting NOLA directly.  Then it went to the East and we weren't even in the cone, but we were still going to have tons of rain with possible flooding today and tomorrow.  But now there isn't even much rain in the forecast.  Phew!

For the only weekly meeting I attend (conference call only), they had it regularly scheduled for after I get off work.  Because most of the attendants are in the Pacific time zone.  The big client boss (he's out of our offices in NOLA) spoke up and made them change it to earlier in the day.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Casadena said:
    I did a massive Trader Joes run for the first time in months.  It was awesome and i'm so pumped to have good sauces and snacks and frozen food and bread (their produce is just meh for me). 
    There is no feeling quite like grocery day feeling. 

And I’d be PO’d at Walmart too.  It’s covid, walmart - make gift cards easily acceptable 

• I'm feeling better, but still sneezing my stupid head off.  

We've resisted all attempts from our mortgage company to refi our house because we just did it earlier this year, but they're offering us a streamline at almost 1.5% less and saving us about $150/month.  And no hoops to jump through, so...it's now worth it.  

These days are jeans with a tank and then a cardigan or sweatshirt.  Cold in the morning and overheating at noon.

SSDD
  • @Jen4948, From some of the other stories you have told, it sounds like your boss is a pain to work for.  I hope your day gets better for the short-term and your job gets better for the long-term!
    Thanks. Actually, my bosses at this job are generally okay. I've been working here since February, and given that the pandemic started one month into the job, they've generally been nice. Just lately, maybe because of approaching tax deadlines, they've been pains to work for. Hopefully after October 15 it won't be so bad (but then tax season will come again). 

• @Casadena, I have tried to go to Trader Joe's 4-5 times over the last few months!  It's already a pain because they are in a suburb that's 20-30 minutes away.  So I only try to go when I'm in that town doing something else.

But, with COVID restrictions, they can't go over 50% occupancy (I think) and so there is always a line around the building.  Which, hey, I'm all about safety.  But NOBODY else has this problem.  Just this Trader Joe's.  That, even before the pandemic, has always felt too small for their business level.  The last time I went was about one month ago.  At 11AM on a weekday because I'd had a doctor's appointment.  They still had a line around the building.  I have officially given up.  I'm not going back to that place until occupancy is back to normal.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • No motivation here either. I hate Tuesdays, especially on 5 day work weeks. In good news, the weather is fantastic here. I went for a walk this morning with the pup, even though it was drizzling a tad. Now it's 70 with no humidity. It's supposed to warm up a little later, but still no humidity, so I'm going back out to the park tonight. Hurry up 5:00! 

Otherwise, SSDD. 
  • Super tired today and didn’t get much sleep. Followed up with my doctor yesterday and my incision is finally healing properly! I’ve also had a lot of anxiety so next week when we do my 6-week visit we’ll do the full screening but I think I’ll have mild PPA. Not surprising but still disappointing. 

Not much else here, it’s also finally getting cooler which is so nice! 
  • that's really annoying about WM @Casadena Is there any way to turn the E Gift card into a physical gift card to make it easier to use? 
  • @charlotte989875 I'm sorry you are struggling but major KUDOS for recognizing you may be suffering and being willing to look into it. So many new moms ignore or brush it off until things get really bad. 
  • kvruns said:
    @charlotte989875 I'm sorry you are struggling but major KUDOS for recognizing you may be suffering and being willing to look into it. So many new moms ignore or brush it off until things get really bad. 
    Thank you! It’s not too bad so I think it’s better to do something now and not let it get really bad. 
  • SSDD.

We are battling with AT&T over the local cell tower.   We used to have service at our house that was fine.  Since the tropical storm 5 weeks ago we have had spotty service and now I cannot make a call from my house however I can send texts and mobile data has no issue.   DH my tech guru believes there are radio issues in the tower which is why my phone appears to have decent signal strength but no call will go through.  It is SUCH a PITA. 
  • Busy with work, but stopping in to lurk for a minute.  Happy Tuesday WW!
  • kvruns said:
    that's really annoying about WM @Casadena Is there any way to turn the E Gift card into a physical gift card to make it easier to use? 
    other than printing it, no.  Which I can do - it's just a stupid extra step.  Like, why do allow e-gift cards to even be sold if you can only use them for certain things on walmart.com (which is a separate product from pickup/delivery).
  • @Casadena, I have tried to go to Trader Joe's 4-5 times over the last few months!  It's already a pain because they are in a suburb that's 20-30 minutes away.  So I only try to go when I'm in that town doing something else.

But, with COVID restrictions, they can't go over 50% occupancy (I think) and so there is always a line around the building.  Which, hey, I'm all about safety.  But NOBODY else has this problem.  Just this Trader Joe's.  That, even before the pandemic, has always felt too small for their business level.  The last time I went was about one month ago.  At 11AM on a weekday because I'd had a doctor's appointment.  They still had a line around the building.  I have officially given up.  I'm not going back to that place until occupancy is back to normal.
    This one is doing pretty well.  I've gone there 3 times since March and theres' been a line every time but it moves really quickly and i've never had to wait more than about 10 minutes.  Around the building would be too much for me too!!!  
  • Ahh Trader Joe's. 

The nearest one to here is 45 minutes away.  What I would love to have one in our county.   You'd think coastal CT is PRIME Trader Joe's territory and instead my town has TWO Dollar General stores. 

On one of my visits to my parents I think I need to plan to take a cooler bag and make a detour. 
  • banana468 said:
    Ahh Trader Joe's. 

The nearest one to here is 45 minutes away.  What I would love to have one in our county.   You'd think coastal CT is PRIME Trader Joe's territory and instead my town has TWO Dollar General stores. 

On one of my visits to my parents I think I need to plan to take a cooler bag and make a detour. 
    I do try to look at the bright side.  There were two that opened in NOLA suburb towns about 4-5 years ago.  The other one is even further away.  But those were the first ones in Louisiana.  Before that, when I went back to CA to visit family, Trader Joe's was one of the places I wanted to go, lol.  Usually toward the end of my trip so I'd have new and different snacks for the plane!

Costco opened their first store in Louisiana about 7 years ago.  I think both they and Trader Joe's "hedged their bets" for a new market when it came to space.

That Costco is about one third smaller than all the other ones I've been in.  And I've already mentioned Trader Joe's is also too small.  Better than nothing!  
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Well, we now have a Costco in town.   I forgot about that but that is pretty awesome that they are now our local gas station and they have SO MUCH that I love.