Wedding Woes

I *think* today is Wednesday

It's 9:30 and i'm already eating snacks (downside of my TJ run on Monday).  Work is mildly annoying, baby is cute and funny, lawn needs to be mowed.  That's about it for today!  I do need to order that tile paint so I can get to work on that bathroom soon and my goal this weekend is to finish sanding and staining the bedroom set that's been in our garage since March.  

@charlotte989875, was installing a vanity yourselves difficult?  or other who have done it?  We want to replace the toilet and pedestal sink in the bathroom I'm painting, but nervous to diy bc we have no experience with plumbing.  

Re: I *think* today is Wednesday

• It is Wednesday.  I've been a day ahead of myself for 2 weeks now and it's getting mildly annoying.  Also, I'm salaried now (yay) and getting used to not clocking in/out is weird.  Also, sort of casting about for how to manage the reduced caseload, that I'm still behind on b/c of last 2 weeks, and moving into new responsibilities.  Professional life is weird right now, y'all.

Therapy started yesterday.  I still like the therapist, though he struggled a bit with the non-binary explanation for K.  I told him that I was fine if he struggled with K's pronouns, b/c the therapy was for me and I knew he was trying.  He did make a good try of correcting himself into they/them pronouns when necessary and defaulted to using their name quite a bit, which is how I usually approach the matter when learning new pronouns as well.  Frankly, I think doing that has made me communicate better overall, so I use pronouns less in my speech and writing now as a habit.

Negative covid test, so our first matter of definite contact is taken care of.  Now we have to figure out how to take care of the 2nd matter, which is immediate unavoidable contact with someone who is under quarantine b/c of close contact with a positive person AND isn't being made to stay isolated.  Again, so tired of whatever TF this strain of "covid isn't a real and present danger to me or anyone else" people.  Part of me just wants to move out of MO and the Midwest when we can.  The other part looks at all of my roots here and the idea truly hurts.  K and I haven't decided what we want to do.  Many of the reasons for us moving aren't applicable at this time b/c of covid (performance and derby opportunities) and new jobs can be harder to find, so we just are in a hold pattern.
  • Casadena said:
    It's 9:30 and i'm already eating snacks (downside of my TJ run on Monday).  Work is mildly annoying, baby is cute and funny, lawn needs to be mowed.  That's about it for today!  I do need to order that tile paint so I can get to work on that bathroom soon and my goal this weekend is to finish sanding and staining the bedroom set that's been in our garage since March.  

@charlotte989875, was installing a vanity yourselves difficult?  or other who have done it?  We want to replace the toilet and pedestal sink in the bathroom I'm painting, but nervous to diy bc we have no experience with plumbing.  
    It wasn’t too hard, H did it himself in a day. This is the second one we’ve done and as long as your plumbing is straight forward it’s really not that difficult. We went from pedestal sink to vanity and the pedestal part was the worst, replacing that would have been a pain because you have a lot less space. The vanity hookup was easy. 

The toilet is also pretty easy as long as you’re putting it back in the same place. We did this in our old house when we redid the floors. You pretty much take it out then attach the new one. 
  • We’re attempting a new morning routine today and so far so good. I got up and took the baby for a walk while H worked out. Hopefully this helps us figure out how to do mornings a little better. It was nice and cool but sunny and I got to have coffee and quiet time. 

What is everyone’s stance on hair cuts at a salon these days?
  • We’re attempting a new morning routine today and so far so good. I got up and took the baby for a walk while H worked out. Hopefully this helps us figure out how to do mornings a little better. It was nice and cool but sunny and I got to have coffee and quiet time. 

I went in June. I go to a hair school so more people than a normal salon. Everyone had to wear masks and they didn't do their normal "high touch" services like a shoulder massage, mini facial etc. The funniest thing though was no blow drying or styling hair as if that would blow particles around more (I mean I guess technically true but just seemed odd). 

DH and DS we've just been doing their hair at home which has been a nice $ savings. 
  • Casadena said:

It wasn’t too hard, H did it himself in a day. This is the second one we’ve done and as long as your plumbing is straight forward it’s really not that difficult. We went from pedestal sink to vanity and the pedestal part was the worst, replacing that would have been a pain because you have a lot less space. The vanity hookup was easy. 

The toilet is also pretty easy as long as you’re putting it back in the same place. We did this in our old house when we redid the floors. You pretty much take it out then attach the new one. 
    I agree with this.  As long as you aren't moving/re-routing pipes, these are both DIY jobs for someone with basic handy person skills.  Remember to turn the water off for the house while doing these replacements.  Make sure to double and triple check the instructions for sealing the toilet!  That is a common place for bathroom leaks as seals lose their integrity over time.  Especially if they weren't properly sealed during installation.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

I have had two.   I go to a nice salon that takes my temp as I go in, masks are required, sanitizer used and they are socially distant when cutting.   The measures taken are following proper guidelines and I've felt comfortable with them. 

My salon requires everyone be masked and they've rearranged their stations so that they're all even more distanced (they were pretty far apart already).  When this all first started, we had two stylists (in another salon) test positive, but there were no transmissions to over 100 clients, b/c the salon already required everyone to be masked.
  • I've been to a salon twice @charlotte989875. My hairdresser is solo in a house (business not residential) so it is only her and her client. She always wears a mask as do I. She also sanitizes between clients (she schedules so that there is time in between). I feel comfortable. Also she has a high risk grandchild so I know she is taking this all seriously. @banana468 how does your salon do socially distant hair cutting?
  • I've been to a salon twice @charlotte989875. My hairdresser is solo in a house (business not residential) so it is only her and her client. She always wears a mask as do I. She also sanitizes between clients (she schedules so that there is time in between). I feel comfortable. Also she has a high risk grandchild so I know she is taking this all seriously. @banana468 how does your salon do socially distant hair cutting?
    The stylists are socially distant from each other but not from the clients.   I realize that sounded ambiguous or like my stylist has gone "Go go gadget arms!"

Also, I cannot go into the salon until they are ready for me.   I call from the parking lot from my car and then go in when they are ready for me. 

I've been to the salon every 5 weeks since June 1st.  I go to a Sola salon so my hairdresser has her own suite there.  You wait in the car until your stylist is ready and they come and open the door for you.  Masks are required the entire time by both the stylist and client.  I get my nails done at the same salon and so same requirements are in place.  I've felt very comfortable.  
  • I haven't had a haircut in months even though I desperately need one.
  • I'm also going to add that I live in one of the best states in one of the better counties controlling the spread of the virus.   I would probably feel differently if I lived in a state that CT has on the forced 2 wk quarantine list. 
  • On hair salons, I'm disappointed I can't see my mom.  She has had short hair her whole life, but it's longer right now because she won't go to a salon.  Of course I want to see her anyway, but especially sporting a totally new hair length!  Dang it!

She is very high risk, plus lives in CA.  She's been extra cautious and I don't see her going to a hair salon at all, until things are very safe and under control.  She only goes to the grocery store/pharmacy and even that only started about one month ago.  Before then, her H did all of those errands.

As for me, I have long, straight hair.  The only thing I do with it is trim it about once a year and occasionally dye it a lighter color.  I'm not doing any of that until I also feel that things are very safe and under control.  But that's more because my hair is so low maintenance and I don't feel any need to go to a hair salon.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • @climbingwife is there an ETA on when it will be final? It was hung up on selling the house right? 
  • I've had one cut since lock down. I normally go to a friend who works in a salon, but she's been going to bars pretty much every weekend since they reopened in May, so I'm keeping my distance from her. The length was just out of hand, so I ended up just going to a supercut. It was fine, took temps and masks required. There were only about 5 people including stylists inside when I went. The cut solved the out of control, but I think this will prompt me to find a new salon stylist. I'll just say it's a good thing I'm WFH.

Nothing much new here. I have a spasm thing in the muscle near my eyebrow. I cannot figure out how to get rid of it, but it's annoying the crap out of me. Otherwise just counting down to the weekend. 
  • kvruns said:
    @climbingwife is there an ETA on when it will be final? It was hung up on selling the house right? 
    We have a court date for November 17th. He refuses to buy me out of the house, and won't sell it. And also he wants spousal support because he's a little bitch. After he cheated on me in my bed. 
  • kvruns said:
    @climbingwife is there an ETA on when it will be final? It was hung up on selling the house right? 
    We have a court date for November 17th. He refuses to buy me out of the house, and won't sell it. And also he wants spousal support because he's a little bitch. After he cheated on me in my bed. 
    Only a couple more months!  You can do it!

Well it needs to be one or the other on the house, so I hope he is figuring it out.

Spousal support (scoff)!!!  Especially if he ends up keeping the house, he should charge his bro more rent.  And apparently he makes enough money to pay the mortgage himself.  You'd think over all these months that a grown-ass man could figure out how to fully support himself.  
    Oh, this is the funny thing. His brother has been giving him money. He was just lying to me about it. 
  • kvruns said:

Well it needs to be one or the other on the house, so I hope he is figuring it out.

Spousal support (scoff)!!!  Especially if he ends up keeping the house, he should charge his bro more rent.  And apparently he makes enough money to pay the mortgage himself.  You'd think over all these months that a grown-ass man could figure out how to fully support himself.  
    Oh, this is the funny thing. His brother has been giving him money. He was just lying to me about it. 
    I know I said this before, but he sucks. 
  • kvruns said:

Oh my!  But not surprised as it seems to fit.
  • On hair salons, I'm disappointed I can't see my mom.  She has had short hair her whole life, but it's longer right now because she won't go to a salon.  Of course I want to see her anyway, but especially sporting a totally new hair length!  Dang it!

She is very high risk, plus lives in CA.  She's been extra cautious and I don't see her going to a hair salon at all, until things are very safe and under control.  She only goes to the grocery store/pharmacy and even that only started about one month ago.  Before then, her H did all of those errands.

As for me, I have long, straight hair.  The only thing I do with it is trim it about once a year and occasionally dye it a lighter color.  I'm not doing any of that until I also feel that things are very safe and under control.  But that's more because my hair is so low maintenance and I don't feel any need to go to a hair salon.
    This is me as well.  I don't feel a need so I haven't gone and probably won't until things get quieter.  And I've been cutting hubby's hair so he doesn't need to go to a hair salon.  So far everyone seems to think it looks okay, so I must not suck too bad at it.

• MNNEBride said:
    kvruns said:

It does. It really does something to head to find out that the person you loved for the last 7.5 years basically lied to you about everything.
  • I can't even imagine.  
  • CharmedPamCharmedPam member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited September 2020
    MNNEBride said:
    It does. It really does something to head to find out that the person you loved for the last 7.5 years basically lied to you about everything.
    Oh, I know all about that!  Mine was more like 5 years but I still ponder on how I didn’t know.  These people are pro’s at it.
    ETA: @climbingwife, out of curiosity, was this STBX’s first marriage?

I’m getting a hair cut Friday! Things seem to be pretty ok in NJ and I need half a foot of hair gone
  • kvruns said:

Wow.  He doesn't have any redeeming features, does he?  Do people not see through him?  I'm so sorry you are going through all this crap.

• It does. It really does something to head to find out that the person you loved for the last 7.5 years basically lied to you about everything

SIB:
    God, what a fuckwad.  I'm so sorry you have deal with this bullshit.