My fiancé and I just got engaged a couple weeks ago. We had talked about doing a small, intimate covid wedding. We found the most perfect venue (my dream venue I’ve had my eyes on for 5+ years) which are offering special rates/contracts for 2020 and had some openings. We reserved a date in December, since we don’t want to put our lives on hold and have no idea when coronavirus will be over. We live in LA. His family lives on the east coast. His mother and sisters do not want to fly in the middle of flu season with threat of COVID. I get that. We came up with a compromise to have multiple weddings. A west coast wedding, an east coast wedding and an elopement prior without family so no family got upset the day was missed. We were still planning on doing a ceremony with vows, my dad walking down the aisle, a catholic blessing for his mother, etc. at each one. His mother is making a stink and she states she will not allow a wedding without her there. Even though we are coming to her! I thought maybe it’s about being first, so we brought that option to her. It seems to be (without her saying it) that she does not want to miss the one at our venue because it’s beautiful. My fiancé is on her side and not budging! If I could, I would move the wedding back to have everyone there (within reason, as we still do t know how long this will be). After 2020, the rates go up to 150 p minimum at 175/head turning a 10k wedding into 27k wedding minimum, and there are no available dates until December 18 2021. Please help!!! What do I do???