Wedding Woes

MONDAY Morning

It is a cold one here this morning 

Re: MONDAY Morning

• My fingers are losing their feeling!! 

I am drinking my cold brew sitting here with a sweater on and I think there are witches with body parts warmer than mine. 

• It was 40 degrees when I got up this morning! 
  • My heat went on this weekend!  I woke up Saturday and my house was 65.  To cold for me!  I’m also still working from home, our servers are still down.  I have lots of catch up, so I hope this tech can fix it. 

• 31 degrees at my house when I left for work this morning. Way too cold for September. Our heat has been coming on at night the past few nights. I don't hate it (I hate being cold more).
  • @CharmedPam does that mean you dont have to work until the servers are back up or is there still stuff to do? 
  • I also put on the heat this weekend :(

Christmas shopping attempt failed. I bought myself a Minnie halloween shirt and a 2T swimsuit for BabyKitten because idk how long her current swimsuits will last and she is going back to starting swimming lessons next month likely.

Sunday we all went to a trial near the house. It went okay and probably would have been smoother if we hadn't taken a wrong turn and stayed much longer.
    Still made it home for nap and she basically crashed lmao

Next time we know how the signs read.

Ended up going to SFIL and MIL for dinner. It's good but spicy. BabyKitten didn't try any of it {we half expected it - new food etc} and just had a pouch and banana, then some cashew ice cream. MIL felt bad but we explained she is like this with new foods {she thought that the steamed veggies would be ok for her as they really weren't spicy}

She didn't seem too hungry, so we really weren't too worried.

Next weekend she is staying at MIL and SFIL for the night, so M and I plan on getting a lot done around the house.
    I think M is gonna clip the yard tonight so the stones can get figured out at the very least.
  • That's so cute @VarunaTT!

It was 42 when I put DefConn on the bus this morning.  I had on flipflops.  I should have had my fuzzy boots on, lol. 

OMG, there was so much wine yesterday.  And vacation planning.  And enjoying my emerging friendship with our friend's new GF.  We're planning to go out in November and have a girl's day.  

I'm tired, but it was worth it.  
  • I have a client demo at 11 that I kind of forgot about. Luckily it isn't something to really prepare for although I'm not in the mood to do it. Recurring theme for me it seems. 

i've clearly forgotten the rest that I was going to say today as I've left this window open for a while. oops. 
  • I’m jealous of everyone’s low temps. It’s been in the high 90s, low 100s here and next week we’re forecasted back at 100 degrees for a few days. I just want fall weather. Ugh. 

Weekend was good. It’s my last day of vacation. FSIL and I are doing our usual hike today and then the rest of the day will be spent doing laundry and recharging for work tomorrow. I’ve got to get back on it with meal planning and I’m avoiding the scale for the next week or so. 

We started watching Ratched last night. So far it seems promising. 

@Casadena I hope you feel better! 

• ALSO, my kid has decided to eat grilled cheese and soup for breakfast--which is amazing because we need to get food into her however possible.

Also, I HAVE RUNNING WATER again!  we had to have well stuff done.  2 days w/o water and more than $2k later, I have water.
    But for a while there, we were looking down the barrel of 4x that to have a new fucking well which was terrifying.
    So just that is somewhat good news
  • OH and I found out this weekend that DH works with a guy I used to work with and he is one of the hottest men I've ever seen IRL.  He's also super nice.  DH was telling me how he's super helpful and also he's asked DH to go get beers a couple times.  It was too funny because DH was talking about him and said his name, and I legit had the Scooby Doo reaction. 
  • kvruns said:
    @CharmedPam does that mean you dont have to work until the servers are back up or is there still stuff to do? 
    There’s some stuff I can do offline, but I’m really very limited.  Ugh! And the tech guy is here but he’s just sitting around waiting on someone.

@VarunaTT I LOVE YOUR TREE!  No really, I could be you if I had an ounce of motivation.  Lol

@MissKittyDanger  cutie pie!  Weather looked perfect for a hike too.

@GBCK you have a lot going on right now.  I wish you were at least able to have had a cinnamon roll. But you can’t even have that!

@mrsconn23, I lol’d at scooby reaction

• @Casadena Oh no!  That has to really hurt!  I'm glad it was a split level staircase so not too many steps, but it also depends how you fall.  I'm glad you didn't break anything, and I hope you heal up fast!

@VarunaTT I LOVE that centerpiece, with the legs sticking out.  Fantastic!

@GBCK Good that you don't need to get a new well.  That could have been a headache and a half ... 

• I had a weekend with my mom and cousins, and it was fantastic.  I was off Thursday and Friday as well, and we did a bunch of geocaching and sight seeing.  This was probably my vacation for the year, so I'm glad we had good weather this weekend.  I like the cold, so this was my cup of tea.  And hubby successfully kept all my animals alive while I was gone, so that's a bonus.  My rabbits are a little pissed at him for some reason though ... judging by reactions, he didn't give them enough treats.  

This is another short week for me.  I'm taking Friday off to get errands done, because the weekends just never seem long enough to do what I need to anymore.  

• ouch @casadena I hope the soreness passes soon.

Fun decorations @VarunaTT
  • Cooler and uglier out now. Tropical Storm Beta might swing by.

Bored out of my skull with non-Knot things.
  • @CharmedPam It was amazing weather! Half the reason we decided to go :)
  • Casenda - Ouch!  If you don't have one already, maybe consider a chiropractor.  And for your bumps and pains, try BioFreeze!  Feel better soon!

GBCK - I would cut H if he ate all the cinnamon buns like that!

Varuna - Love that tree and the centerpiece!  And you were right that hat for the tree topper needed that extra bedazzling!

Jen - I forgot to wish you a Shana Tova!  I hope your virtual services were nice.

Its cool here too!  Our house is around 60, but we are keeping the heat off for now, but that might change soon.  We have to make sure things are warm enough for DD.

We had a good weekend.  We worked on the shower door some more, but have some tinkering to do.  Its hard to have it straight when the walls aren't!

I'm so saddened and scared about the passing of RBG.  I am just waiting for my credit card to close so I can donate money to the Ditch Mitch or Die Trying Fund.  Its on Wednesday, so very soon.  I'm also giving to Biden and Mark Kelly again.  If anyone is able and willing, Mark Kelly's election is very important as he will get sworn in before most other Senators who win in November.  

• Jen - I forgot to wish you a Shana Tova!  I hope your virtual services were nice.

Its cool here too!  Our house is around 60, but we are keeping the heat off for now, but that might change soon.  We have to make sure things are warm enough for DD.

We had a good weekend.  We worked on the shower door some more, but have some tinkering to do.  Its hard to have it straight when the walls aren't!

I'm so saddened and scared about the passing of RBG.  I am just waiting for my credit card to close so I can donate money to the Ditch Mitch or Die Trying Fund.  Its on Wednesday, so very soon.  I'm also giving to Biden and Mark Kelly again.  If anyone is able and willing, Mark Kelly's election is very important as he will get sworn in before most other Senators who win in November.  
    Thanks! I'm glad you had a good weekend and agree with you about RBG. It is incredibly sad. She was one of my heroines.
  • Sex and running! 

I’m all clear to do both, finally. 
    Yay!  Watcha doing first? :)

• Sex and running! 

I’m all clear to do both, finally. 
    Yay!  Watcha doing first? :)
    Run backwards!!
  • For all of us:

• I realize I'm a day off but, since you all are talking about weather...

No need to turn the heat on (that does not happen in Sept.)...but we had the a/c off all weekend!  First time since April.  I am luxuriating in the fantastic temperatures.  Mid 70s to low 80s.

From the 10-day forecast, it looks like we are officially entering the 6-8 week Fall "golden zone".  A time when neither heat nor a/c is usually needed.  We have another one in the Spring.

Why must it be for such short periods of time, lol?  Too cold for 3 months of the year.  Hot AF for 6 months of the year.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker