Wedding Woes

Debate Day Tuesday

But in all honesty I don’t even think I want to watch. That’s a lot for me being a former political science professor. I just can’t listen to the president talk anymore. I am encouraged by how many Biden signs I’m seeing in my fairly conservative district. 

Re: Debate Day Tuesday

• Also national coffee day! If you order a drink in the Starbucks app they'll load a free one for later. 
  • @kvruns Canada only does a free bakery item :( I checked
  • So apparently there is going to be no election in Canada due to Covid.
    We've never had mail-in as an option, so I don't think they wanted to introduce it this year.
    Liberals are in power - as minority - but the NDP are going to back their vote to hold off.

So in case anyone isn't familiar with our process it's similar to Supreme Court in states.

If Liberals were majority government {ie; most seats in parliament} they could pass votes without anyone else.
    Since they are minority, they need to have either NDP or Conservatives to back their vote to pass.

I'd say in the last 9 years we've really had 3 parties - where as we really only had 2 parties reigning for awhile.
    Liberal {like Democrats}
    Conservatives {like Republicans}
    NDP {similar to Liberals but more}
    Green Party {environmentalist party}
    Bloc Quebecois {known more as Quebec separatists *eye roll*}

ANYWAYS
    We got our toddler stool.
    Anyone with littles, really consider this! I tried to hunt for a cheaper one but none fold and our kitchen is too small for that not to be an option - but also if we go to my mum's or IL's, it's travel option

https://www.wayfair.ca/baby-kids/pdp/guidecraft-classic-kitchen-helper-ez2934.html

I got it on sale so after tax it was $200
  • I'm not watching.  If DH wants to watch, I'll watch TV in the bedroom and start working on my packing list for vacation or something. 

I participate in coffee every day.  LOL  I may do the Sbux thing though.  I could go for a cold foam cold brew, twice.  

The temps have dropped off. SSDD otherwise. 
  • I keep going back and forth, if I will watch the debate.  I can't stand to hear the Commander in Thief talk anymore.  If I do watch, I have to do it away from H - it will just enrage him for the rest of the evening!  I did donate my money and will donate some more again next month.  

I think we will go out to eat today.  Its the only day of the week that works.  I will have yoga tomorrow and H & DD have an eye exam Thursday.  We generally avoid Friday's out.  But, the place we will go makes a pizza pot pie!  And its so yummy, I can't wait!
  • I’ll be catching up on my halloween food network shows tonight! And I JUST came back from Sbux! However my coworker paid for my coffee, otherwise I would have used my app.  D’oh.  Maybe I’ll get another one later?

So in attempt to clear my guestroom for my new bike (in 1-3 months) I had to clear off my makeup table.  I bought this from amazon, so now all my make up is nice and organized and out of the way hanging up on my door.  I literally had all my lotions, serums, make up, etc. in travel bags on a desk in my guest room.  Now I feel super organized. I might even start using said makeup. 

LUXFURNI Mirror Jewelry Cabinet 79 LED Lights Wall-Mount/Door-Hanging Armoire, Lockable Storage Organizer w/Drawers https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07MZ4MP8Z/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_Jv1CFbXYWYAM7

Although this dropped in price after I bought it.  I HATE that! I think I only saved $22 not $29.  But I recommend if anyone wants something like this. 

• I'm not watching - Trump makes me want to vomit. H and I have already voted not that the debates would change my mind.

Nothing much today. I've been bingeing Marvel and DC movies ever since DS2 was here. It is our thing to watch movies together and he got me caught up in the comic universe this weekend.

Tomorrow, my book club is meeting for a socially distant meeting. It will be my first real outing since surgery. One of my friends is providing transportation. It will be good to get a break from the house. I know H will be glad to have some time to himself. 
  • @CharmedPam I’m dying at the woman in the pictures for the cabinet. Sure, let me just pick this cabinet up with my full length gloves and gown and carry it around. 

I made it to work one minute late because I got Starbucks and I’m salty about it. I’m never late. I also woke up early this morning to do a workout before work since I’m getting my hair done later. Last night I saw BFF which was nice but a little sad. Her grandfather is passing away, possibly today, and it was the anniversary of her loss. I’m glad we got to spend some time together though. Her parents were there and they stressed me out. They’re major dump supporters and sometimes they say things so unbelievably racist it makes me speechless. Which is what happened last night. I’m glad I got some time with her before they came over. 

Otherwise, SSDD. 

• @charmedpam what bike?

@ILoveBeachMusic what book did you guys read? 
  • kvruns said:
    @charmedpam what bike?

@ILoveBeachMusic what book did you guys read? 
    Boflex Velcore. The lady on the phone said it could take up to 3 months to get it, but she also said it was just an estimate. I read on a lot of reddit boards that even in April/May it was just a month for them, so fx for that!

• So apparently there is going to be no election in Canada due to Covid.
    We've never had mail-in as an option, so I don't think they wanted to introduce it this year.
    Liberals are in power - as minority - but the NDP are going to back their vote to hold off.

So in case anyone isn't familiar with our process it's similar to Supreme Court in states.

If Liberals were majority government {ie; most seats in parliament} they could pass votes without anyone else.
    Since they are minority, they need to have either NDP or Conservatives to back their vote to pass.

I'd say in the last 9 years we've really had 3 parties - where as we really only had 2 parties reigning for awhile.
    Liberal {like Democrats}

ANYWAYS
    Anyone with littles, really consider this! I tried to hunt for a cheaper one but none fold and our kitchen is too small for that not to be an option - but also if we go to my mum's or IL's, it's travel option

https://www.wayfair.ca/baby-kids/pdp/guidecraft-classic-kitchen-helper-ez2934.html

I didn't think there would be.  I couldn't see how it would work with Covid.

I just got my new office chair - it is a wobble stool.  I used it yesterday and it seems pretty good.  I can use it with my standing desk, so I can stand longer during the day now.  Hubby tried it and couldn't balance on it - I think maybe he needs some practice.  He'll probably stick with his regular office chairs.

• short+sassyshort+sassy member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited September 2020
    @CharmedPam, I bet if you contacted Amazon customer service, they'll give you a $7 credit for the discount difference.  They're usually pretty cool about stuff like that.  I was also laughing at the model wearing fancy full length gloves to tote around her storage.

I had a 4-day weekend and am finally back at work.  We went out on Sun. to a restaurant month special.  My appetizer course was an artichoke casserole and it was amazing.  It had a parmesan crust and the sauce was garlic butter.  For me personally, I think parmesan/garlic/butter is the best taste combo ever, lol.

But then the dinner became very disappointing!  The main reason we went to this restaurant is because they had pork Osso Bucco as one of the entree choices for the prix fixe special.  It's hard to find that dish at all in NOLA.  But when they served it to me, it was not at all what I was expcting.  It didn't have any bone marrow!!!  WTH!  And then, as if to just rub it in my face, they served it with a tiny fork.  Lawd help me.  Yes, Osso Bucco is traditionally served with a tiny fork.  To eat the bone marrow with, smh.  Edited to add, I realized after the fact that "pork" should have been my clue to have asked more questions.  I didn't connect that this dish is traditionally beef, not pork.  

I wasn't planning to send it back but, when the server came to check on us, I mentioned my disappointment and surprise that the dish had not been prepared in the traditional way.  She offered to get me something else, so I took her up on it.  I got the catfish with jumbo lump crab instead, which was a lot tastier.  I'm not a big fan of catfish, but there's was at least better than normal.  And I am a big fan of jumbo lump crab meat, lol.  Overall, we enjoyed our dinner out.

After we got back from dinner, Sunday night got really weird, sleep-wise.  I was super tired early, because I'd had two glasses of wine during dinner, lol.  But, a couple hours later when I normally go to bed, I was wide awake.  And stayed that way until 7AM!  I didn't even go to sleep until then!  I slept for less than three hours and naturally woke up.  Yet, despite all that, I still needed to take a sleeping pill to go to bed last night.  No naps on either of those days.  No new medications, nothing else unusual.  I am completely baffled as to why I was so awake for two days straight, despite only having three hours of sleep.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • But in all honesty I don’t even think I want to watch. That’s a lot for me being a former political science professor. I just can’t listen to the president talk anymore. I am encouraged by how many Biden signs I’m seeing in my fairly conservative district. 
    I agree with you. I can't watch either. Given how likely Trump is to call names, mock, thump his chest, lie, and whine about how "unfair" the debates are, I think they shouldn't be taking place at all. He never accepts responsibility for anything.
  • I'm not watching the debates.  It's not going to change my mind and I can't handle watching that man belittle, stalk, and scream like a toddler any more.  I did it for HRC, I don't have that kind of loyalty to Biden.  Besides, I gotta save it for Harris powning Pence.

Work is killing me these days.  Too much to do, not enough time to do it in.  Good problem to have and I actually feel like I'm making a difference, which makes me happy.  I haven't missed work all month and that's a record for quite a chunk of time now.  

Otherwise, SSDD.
  • kerbohl said:
    So apparently there is going to be no election in Canada due to Covid.

Liberal {like Democrats}

ANYWAYS

I just got my new office chair - it is a wobble stool.  I used it yesterday and it seems pretty good.  I can use it with my standing desk, so I can stand longer during the day now.  Hubby tried it and couldn't balance on it - I think maybe he needs some practice.  He'll probably stick with his regular office chairs.
    Me neither. I know Americans who didn't realize Canada had never done mail-in votes. I think if mailers were an option, it may not have been set for an official thing.
  • kerbohl said:

Liberal {like Democrats}

ANYWAYS

Me neither. I know Americans who didn't realize Canada had never done mail-in votes. I think if mailers were an option, it may not have been set for an official thing.
    Yes, I didn't!  What do Canadian citizens that live in other countries do?
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I love Biden's troll of Trump by he, Kamala, and their spouses releasing their 2019 tax returns today.  
  • Joking aside I think DH and I will watch.   

We have ZERO chance of voting for TRUMP.   However I think we may watch because it's our country in action and we did the same when he debated Hillary.  Should it turn into a train wreck we may change our minds but as of now I plan to split a bottle of red. 
  • kerbohl said:

Liberal {like Democrats}

ANYWAYS

Yes, I didn't!  What do Canadian citizens that live in other countries do?
    Not vote as far as I know.
    General sense I THINK is voting here is for citizens who live here.
  • Yes, I didn't!  What do Canadian citizens that live in other countries do?
    Not vote as far as I know.
    General sense I THINK is voting here is for citizens who live here.
    So I’m going to admit, when @missJeanLouise said she was mailing in her vote, I realized I didn’t know someone living outside the US could do that! I seriously never even thought of what happens to US citizens who move, even temporarily.  I’m just ignorant about it I guess? 

• It's been a busy day; I'm just getting caught up. I'm so on the fence about the debate. Originally a friend was going to come over and we were going to turn it into a drinking game/support group. Her dump supporting parents are living with her, so she wanted to get away. But then we figured out it doesn't even start until 9 our time and we're old, so it fell apart. On one hand I think I might learn something about Biden, but on the other hand I'd have to listen to the orange buffoon. I'm not sure if I want to be hung over about it tomorrow. So maybe I'll just wait and catch the SNL parody. 
  • banana468 said:
    I'm going to drink every time he says hoax, tremendous or rigged. 
    I do love the idea of turning it into a drinking game!  I better keep it to beer, though.  If I went with @banana468's rules, I'd get alcohol poisoning if it was shots.

I want to watch because I'd like to get to know Biden better.  But I don't think my H could handle watching Trump and I barely could.

We've actually had more Biden than Trump commercials on tv and the commercials started earlier than in other years.  We usually only have a few from either candidate in presidential elections because we are not a battleground state nor do we have that many electoral votes.

It makes me hopeful that political strategists are seeing something I'm not.  That maybe, considering Trump has some of the worst approval ratings in US history, maybe this time Louisiana's electoral votes will go to the Democratic candidate.  But then I remember the people who live here (sigh).
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • So I looked it up about living outside Canada and voting .

Here's the link to it all
    https://travel.gc.ca/travelling/living-abroad/elections-faq

Short version only those living/working/studying abroad get mailers.
  • So I looked it up about living outside Canada and voting .

I lived abroad and don't remember getting a mailer, but at the same time I don't remember an election happening during that time.  

• kerbohl said:
    So I looked it up about living outside Canada and voting .

I lived abroad and don't remember getting a mailer, but at the same time I don't remember an election happening during that time.  
    Idk about canada but for the US you have to specifically request them. And of course, there is no uniformity across the states on how to do it.
  • kerbohl said:
    So I looked it up about living outside Canada and voting .

Idk about canada but for the US you have to specifically request them. And of course, there is no uniformity across the states on how to do it.
    Yeh I think you have to request it if you want to partake but they don't force you.
    I know someone who lived in U.K and didn't vote while she was gone since she really didn't know.