Wedding Woes

Today is TUESDAY

I think it is anyway....

Re: Today is TUESDAY

• It is.  Though if it makes you feel any better, I had a far too long conversation with myself this morning about what day it must be.  They all feel the same now and I was pretty sure it might be Wednesday.  

Training this morning, which is bad timing for me personally, but good timing for business.  Hopefully I can get this person up and running as fast as humanly possible.  I struggling with getting up in the morning again.  This time, I think it's b/c I'm going to bed early and basically getting through 2 1/2 sleep cycles?  But I don't want to start going to bed later, so I might just have to start getting out of bed at 4:30 am, which is horrible to say.

Otherwise, SSDD.  Nothing too special going on right now except waiting for Halloween.
  • Today is off to a very Tuesday start for me. I got up early to walk the dog before work and saw that my garmin didn't charge overnight. It's not the end of the world to miss a few steps, but I like to keep an eye on the time without having to pull out my phone. First world problems. Then I logged in to work early and started working on something that I'm taking over from my departing co-worker. It requires me to go to a website and set up a pay account. Which means I need my Amex that I haven't used since travel was still a thing. So of course my card wouldn't work and I had to go down the rabbit hole to figure out why. Turns out, my address hadn't been updated since we moved offices in 2018. So I wasted the first 90 minutes of my morning on that, and now I'm behind. Blah. 

We're two weeks away from the election. I've got to get in gear and sign up to volunteer. 
  • Not a lot going on for me.  Which is a good thing, lol!  I have a fairly busy day at work, but it is finally down to a dull roar.

The one bummer I have going on is I may have to evict a tenant.  While that always sucks, I at least usually know what to expect.  But I don't right now.  Mainly, I don't know how fast I can get a court date.  My only saving grace is she is in a special area of NOLA that has it's own courthouse.  Even in non-pandemic times, they are faster than the greater NOLA area.  But just because I'm sure they are especially a lot faster than the usual court right now, doesn't mean they will be fast.

She's been my tenant for four years and has always been a problem payer.  She's also lied to me more times than I can count, which doesn't help because I can't trust anything she says.  This is the third of fourth time she has been seriously in arrears.  She's was able to pull it out of the fire all those other times, but there is no telling.  It's just so frustrating because I have bent over backwards, bent forward and back again, to try and help her.  I made a bunch of suggestions.  I've tried to set up a payment plan with her on multiple occasions.  I told her about specific charities that can give temporary rent help,  But she usually ignores me until things become dire.

She has until the end of the day tomorrow to either pay up or pay something and present me with a payment plan for the rest.  Yes!  I even put in writing on her 5-Day Pay or Quit notice that an acceptable payment plan would be considered in lieu of notice.  My H and I were discussing strategy last night.  In a nutshell, if he goes to courthouse on Thursday and the eviction date isn't going to be for 3+ months from now, we may not file for an eviction at this time.  Because I'm fairly certain she'll be paying something given more time, but she might not if there is already a far-off eviction date.  I'll reach out one more time tomorrow.  She'll probably tell me she can give me something Friday (except that is what she told me last Friday), so maybe we will wait one more day.

For as long as this post is, believe it or not, this is a very shortened version of the events!  
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • CharmedPamCharmedPam member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited October 2020
    Tuesday.  Tuesday.  No one likes Tuesday.

my hair is oily and I’m self conscious about it.  I bought some hair growth oil, based on good amazon reviews, and yestersay it was just plastered in my hair so I put it up in a pony. My admin said she loved it that way.  Only in a pony for the grease, otherwise I always have it down! Today I tried to get it on my scalp only but I think a lot got in the hair again.  Now I’m just an oil slick. 

• @MNNEBride glad the home inspection went well! I have a love/hate relationship with moving. I love to complain about it, and it is a hassle, but I get antsy after staying in the same place for a couple years.

I skipped our Hello Chef this week because I knew we would have leftovers from DS's party. Now that those are finished, I am making a batch of chili and cornbread tonight. I bet you 5$ DH will say it is too spicy. I really don't know how to balance our spice level, either I make bland, flavourless chili or it is too spicy. There is no in between.

In other news, one of the random things DH bought online is actually good!! He bought this crazy massage gun thing and it is bad ass! My feet constantly hurt from walking on hard tile but wearing shoes indoors feels unnatural and I can't get used to it. But this massage gun just knocked the pain out, it is amazing. 
  • Bad night of anxiety for me so I’m dragging today. H is going to camp for the first time this weekend & my Mom is coming to stay, but I’m going to an outdoor volunteer event Friday and she’ll be alone with him for the first time. And I’ll be about 45 minutes away. I think I’m already worrying even though everything will be fine. Tell me that other people worried leaving their babies alone for the first time! 
  • CharmedPamCharmedPam member
    edited October 2020
    Oh and I went to watch Schitts Creek last night but decided to watch American Murder: Family next door instead.  Big mistake.  I knew what was going to happen (and no I didn’t follow the story in 2018) and was crying throughout the whole thing.
    edit: I need a link to this massage gun @missJeanLouise

• @charlotte989875 I definitely worried. H and I went out to dinner around 5 weeks after DD was born and left her with my in-laws. We were gone for about 2 1/2 hours and I was nervous the whole time that it was going to be a disaster, that she'd cry the whole time or something else would happen. She ended up being super easy and slept the whole time for them. It gets easier!

Today is rough. I'm on the verge of a panic attack due to family issues. Trying to keep busy with work today to keep my mind off of it. 
  • MNNEBride said:
    Good Morning WW!  Home inspection went well with no major issues.  There is a foundation crack that needs looking at and that is the responsibility of the HOA. They have been notified. Windows need some maintenance but nothing big came up so that's good. 

Tooth extraction wasn't great but it's over.  I'm sore today but Tylenol is taking care of things.  I'm toothless for the next 6-9 months - UGH!  Fortunately, it's a back molar and I'm wearing a mask when I go out.

Last night the apartment manager stopped over at dinner time.  She's bringing someone through our place today at 4 PM.  Of course we are in the middle of packing and at the stage where it gets worse before it gets better.  Things are strewn all over.  Oh well, they get what they get without 24 hour notice and both of us working today. 

Happy Tuesday - blurg. 
    Awesome!  I'm glad to hear your home inspection went so well.  Do you all have an estimated closing date yet?

And don't worry about your stuff strewn about for the showing.  I know I don't expect departing tenants to do anything special for showings.  Even though it is in my lease that I can do showings with at least a 24-hour notice in the last 30 days, I still appreciate their cooperation in it.

Though I do remember one set of potential tenants who were so weirdly put off by the tenants moving.  They had unhappy looks on their faces during the showing and, at the end of it, made a comment like, "There is a lot of stuff here."  Me:  "Well, right.  The current tenant is moving out.  That is why the house is not available until Sept. 1st (which was in my ad).  But all of this stuff is theirs.  It won't be here when the next tenant moves in and we will be doing a deep clean in between."  WTF?  It wasn't trashed/messy.  It was moving boxes throughout the house and their furniture still there.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • @cupcait927, sending my best wishes that your family issues get worked out and your anxiety levels decrease.

@missJeanLouise, I also need more info about this great massage gun you speak of, lol.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • We have a closing date of 10/23 but won't be moving until right after Christmas.  We are having the new place painted and adding insulation and dry wall in the garage before we move in.  

I was expecting they would need to show our apartment but didn't expect it this soon.  We are required to give a 60 day move out notice.  We gave them 60 days and 2 weeks.  I would have expected showings in the last 30 days of our lease.  It is what it is.  Hoping the first folks who walk through sign a lease and then no one else needs to see it.  
  • @charlotte989875 I definitely worried. H and I went out to dinner around 5 weeks after DD was born and left her with my in-laws. We were gone for about 2 1/2 hours and I was nervous the whole time that it was going to be a disaster, that she'd cry the whole time or something else would happen. She ended up being super easy and slept the whole time for them. It gets easier!

Today is rough. I'm on the verge of a panic attack due to family issues. Trying to keep busy with work today to keep my mind off of it. 
    Really hope you’re busy at work? A weird thing to wish I know but I totally get keeping busy! Hoping you’re doing all right. 
  • @charlotte989875 definitely worried the first few times I left DS. It's normal, try to relax, worry about the things you can control and let go of the things you can't.

Re: Massage Gun
    https://www.amazon.com/Cordless-Handheld-Percussion-Featuring-Technology/dp/B07V5QNKHT

It's basically this but a different brand that I think is regional to here. And for those of you that think this is another Hitachi "personal massager", No. I have one of those and this thing is more impact drill and less vibrator.
  • Ugh, Tuesday.  Dad is coming to dinner tonight.  Tomorrow, DH is doing brakes for SIL's BFF.  We also have a scouts meeting at the house Thursday since they're doing a grilling thing.  How did our week get so busy all of a sudden? 

My niece got herself in some teenager trouble.  SIL was telling DH about it last night.  I want to hug my niece and tell her she's normal, but also shake her a little at the same time.  But mostly just tell her it will be OK if she learns from it.  

And DH's family is reminding me why I hate group texts.  His uncle started one to discuss Ozarks for next year.  His aunt (who's probably not even going on said trip) has hijacked it with dumb shit not about the trip at all.  I'm probably going to leave it and tell DH to let me know if I need to know anything. 

It's so dreary.  Blerg. 
  • @cupcait927 hugs I hope things get better soon with the family issues

@charlotte989875 totally normal! And if yours is anything like mine he would always been a dream for my parents if they'd watch him for a bit. He saves the crazy for me. 

@short+sassy are there any special rules with evictions right now, sounds like you are allowed to do them but do you have to give extra long warnings or time? I mean it sounds like you've done that anyway just curious as I thought I've heard there are some rule changes. But maybe it is state by state
  • @charlotte989875 definitely worried the first few times I left DS. It's normal, try to relax, worry about the things you can control and let go of the things you can't.

https://www.amazon.com/Cordless-Handheld-Percussion-Featuring-Technology/dp/B07V5QNKHT

It's basically this but a different brand that I think is regional to here. And for those of you that think this is another Hitachi "personal massager", No. I have one of those and this thing is more impact drill and less vibrator.
    I ordered a massage gun like that on Prime day although I haven't tried it. My parents have one and use it some, just not sure if it will be easy to use myself since I need it mostly for neck or back. But dont want to deal with having to have DH help do it
  • @missJeanLouise I've been seeing those massage guns on TikTok a lot. I may need to look into one for myself - I get the worse knots and aches in my shoulders and upper back.

@kvruns, @charlotte989875, @short+sassy - thank you for the support. My sister was recently diagnosed with a blood clot in an artery in her brain stem, which is incredibly painful as well as terrifying for her. Couple that with my mom's Parkinson's diagnosis earlier this year, my dad's continued failing health and diminishing mental capacity (that he refuses to admit), COVID and being a new mom, it's a lot to handle. I find myself snapping at H so much for the littlest things because I've run out of patience and emotional capacity to deal with anything else. 
  • Bah.   In the last few days one of my best friends lost her dad and this morning I stumbled across the obituary for a former daycare teacher where Chiquita and Chiquito used to go.  The dad was in his early 70s and the teacher was 57.   This year is taking so many. 

It's dreary and I hope it cleans up soon for Chiquita's penultimate soccer game of the season tonight.  

This is on my watch list.  Hoping it has some sales between now and xmas!  Thanks!

• mrsconn23 said:
    And DH's family is reminding me why I hate group texts.  His uncle started one to discuss Ozarks for next year.  His aunt (who's probably not even going on said trip) has hijacked it with dumb shit not about the trip at all.  I'm probably going to leave it and tell DH to let me know if I need to know anything. 
    Like coming to the Ozarks?!?!  **waits in small squee excitement** B/c you know that's my area!!!
  • short+sassyshort+sassy member
    edited October 2020
    kvruns said:
    @cupcait927 hugs I hope things get better soon with the family issues

@charlotte989875 totally normal! And if yours is anything like mine he would always been a dream for my parents if they'd watch him for a bit. He saves the crazy for me. 

@short+sassy are there any special rules with evictions right now, sounds like you are allowed to do them but do you have to give extra long warnings or time? I mean it sounds like you've done that anyway just curious as I thought I've heard there are some rule changes. But maybe it is state by state
    It's very state specific, though it's always very state-specific, even in non-pandemic times.  There is currently no halt to evictions in Louisiana.  That was lifted by the governor on June 5th.  Though different parishes (counties) can have different rules.  With that said, as far as I know, the eviction courts are open and running and there is no reason I couldn't evict her.

There is some CDC Federal Eviction moratorium going on through the end of the year.  But tenants can only use that under very specific circumstances and I know she doesn't qualify.  She would also have to fill out, file, and serve me with a CDC Eviction Ban Declaration.  Edited to add:  But I could still take her to eviction court and challenge it, ie she would have to prove she meets all the conditions.

Edited again, lol:  There actually isn't anything different or special I need to do.  The eviction process and steps I need to take are the same as it has always been.  But eviction courts were closed here from mid-March- early June.  So I assume there is still a backlog and could take a lot longer to get a court date.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Healing vibes @MNNEBride and @cupcait927

Dreary day, but a departmental meeting after school just got moved to virtual.  Definitely dialing in in the car and letting H deal with picking up the kids/starting dinner as originally planned. 
  • Guys, BK's eczema is so so so good! I legit started to cry other day because there's not even scarring {from what we can see} and we really only started the steroid on Wednesday night.

We can keep it for next flair up, but are to continue as if she has dry/sensitive skin - ie; dye/fragrance free, strong moisturizer etc - but I'm so excited.

Btw has anyone painted a pumpkin with toddler?
    What's best?
  • VarunaTT said:
    mrsconn23 said:
    Like coming to the Ozarks?!?!  **waits in small squee excitement** B/c you know that's my area!!!
    Yes!  We were supposed to go over this past summer as a big family trip with FIL's side of the family, but fucking Covid.

They scuttled that and we're now planning to be there next June.  DH's stepgrandma is paying for it out of the family trust (god that sounds so gauche, lol). I'm sure I'll want to escape at some point, LOL.  I'll definitely hit you up once it's closer. 
  • Some jerk (not really) in my cube area cooked something that smells like garlic bread.  Now I am super craving garlic bread and pizza!

Only to discover there is nothing I can do about it.  Argh!  Nobody delivers here during lunch.  There are three pizza places within walking distance.  One of them I'm pretty sure is closed.  I called and their number is disconnected.  The second one was open a few months ago.  But their website and phone number are down, so maybe they didn't make it after all.  The third place has a glitch in their website, so I couldn't order anything.  By the time I finished futzing with it, it was just getting too short on time to order something, have it ready, and get there.

Now nothing sounds good and I am feeling grumpy, lol.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • cupcait927cupcait927 member
    edited October 2020
    On top of everything else, I also think that one of the partners in my office has COVID. I don't have any actual proof, but sneaking suspicions. I haven't been around this partner since last Thursday but they're out of the office today sick, I heard my boss on the phone with him asking him how he's feeling, if he's going to rest later, and two of the other partners were whispering to each other in the kitchen and one of those two handles all of our sick time, COVID communications, compliance, etc. She also sent out an email this morning reminding us not to come to work if we feel sick. It just feels all too coincidental. 

ETA - we're a staff of 13 people so I don't know if they can let us know if someone has it without potentially violating HIPAA.
  • boo @cupcait927 That is some BS you don't need on top of everything else.  
  • Have you all heard of Daily Harvest?  They have an assortment of frozen smoothies, grain/veggie bowls, soups, etc and it's all super healthy.  We ordered a big box recently and have been LOVING the smoothies.  I just finished the mint/cacao one for lunch it's a little sad how happy it made me - it tasted like a drank a mint chip milkshake.  It's a little pricey, but you can find decent deals for the first order.  

The recruiter from that job interview a couple weeks ago never called me back.  I'm not super surprised i just always hate (especially with a recruiter) when they dont' just tell you they're not moving forward.