Attire & Accessories Forum
Options

ISO Dress from The Knot Wedding Gowns Magazine Spring/Summer 2001

Hi! I saw a dress, that I love, in the magazine but it didn't credit the designer. Any ideas on how to find out who made the dress, where I can get it almost 20 years later, or where to have it custom made? My head is spinning!

Re: ISO Dress from The Knot Wedding Gowns Magazine Spring/Summer 2001

• Options
    That's like picking out a needle in a haystack.  Ebay! may be your best bet to find a dress from 2001, but the other issue is finding the right bridal size.  If you can find a picture of the dress online searching some of the designers that were popular then may be an option, but still difficult.  

Also remember that seeing a dress you love in a magazine, and seeing a dress that makes you look in the mirror so good that you'd marry yourself if given the option in it can be two very different things.  Focus on the elements that you love about the picture for your ideal wedding dress and try some dresses on in that silhouette.  Many brides have tried on dresses that they found in a magazine and loved in the magazine only to see it on them and say "What was I thinking?!?!"...