Wedding Woes

Its a new day!

https://youtu.be/wKopSVjM-Oc

Does anyone else feel better? I feel better.

Re: Its a new day!

• I do feel better than I did last week ;however, I do worry about all the republican shenanigans. Lindsay Graham has got to go! 
  • ei34ei34 member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited November 2020
    It’s a new era. Beyond thankful.  I just hope the nonsense stops.  
    We toasted to Joe and Kamala at our backyard gathering on Saturday.  Happy Monday everyone 

ETA this funny meme 
  • I was dancing in the streets on Saturday! Just the best feeling. 
  • I feel better. Not quite everything is awesome, but certainly better. It was pretty amazing to see people around the country celebrating over the weekend, even though I wish they'd been more responsible about masks and distancing. Someone in my neighborhood was setting off fireworks. 
    Mine too!  There were a lot of fireworks going off throughout the evening on Sat. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • So excited for America :)

We did family photos {i'll try to post some later} AND!

BK passed level 1 of sesame desensitization!!!
    Originally she was suppose to have 1/8 of a muffin, but she wouldn't so they allowed 1/16th and next they're going to try and get the 1/8

Entire recipe has 1/2 tablespoon of tahini and it's pretty sweet so I personally think that may be part of the issue.
    I'm gonna ask if there's a way to alter the sweetness
  • Got my Christmas cards ordered, got a good deal on some from Shutterfly. I think I have fewer than normal but I am cutting back on my list so hopefully I'll have enough. 

Took B to see Santa yesterday. Cabela's still had their Santa setup, I was surprised. Much different than before but still nice to get a free pic. The Santa was awesome - they always have good Santas but this was the best we've had. He wanted nothing to do with him as usual and wouldn't even take off his mask so I have a pic of he and I sitting in front of Santa (who was behind plexiglass and wearing a face shield). Super 2020 pic but I like it and will be fun to look back on years from now. 
  • That's adorable @kvruns. I wanted to do Sullivan's Christmas train like we did last year, but 1) they've sold out on weekends and 2) we aren't even sure DD and family will be able to come down here. Such a bummer!
  • That's adorable @kvruns. I wanted to do Sullivan's Christmas train like we did last year, but 1) they've sold out on weekends and 2) we aren't even sure DD and family will be able to come down here. Such a bummer!
    I've never done Sullivan's though I hear it is great. I want to do it with my niece so maybe DS will follow her lead
  • @CharmedPam I hope his dad is feeling better and recovers soon. That is nerve wracking for sure. 
  • @CharmedPam good vibes for M’s dad. 

• Living for this weekend!  Such wonderful news!  And then that hilarious press conference with Rudy!  That landscaping business is across from a crematorium and next to an adult book store in a very industrial area of Philly!  I've seen some hilarious things about that!

H and I got the first countertop done.  It took about double the amount of time to do, but we had some things to figure out along the way and we anticipated needing to do some things, but not spackle and paint the walls due to a lower "backsplash" area on the countertops than what was on the old ones.  And to do the sink area, which is our long piece of countertop and also needs to be mitered together, we will need to forego having a sink for a few days.  But the first one looks amazing, even without painting the cabinets yet!

The ILs came over on Sunday for dinner for BILs birthday.  It was beautiful out, so we were able to keep all the windows and screen doors open.  We were also able to spread to eat, so it worked well.  DD was very happy to have "her visitors", as she said.
  • My work computer was a POS today, so I had to shut down everything but the site we use for email processing.  

I worked Saturday, but I had an hour+ dance party in my bedroom while I was getting ready for dinner out with DH.  I haven't wanted to dance like that in a very long time.  I felt like myself again for the first time in over a year.  I am trying to hold on to that feeling. <3 

My local BFF and her whole family came over for a little bit Saturday afternoon while her daughter was between soccer games in our town.   Our first restaurant was scuttled because they were closed unexpectedly for the weekend and didn't cancel our reservation.  We found somewhere else to go at the last minute and it was very good.  Also because the weather was so nice and people were so happy and celebratory, being downtown was a lot of fun.  

Yesterday, we just hung out at home.  
  • I had a lovely weekend - spent most of it outside.  I went for a long hike with family - we were out for about six hours.  Sunday we did online church, then I did another walk with my parents and then did yard work outside.  And it was the Breeders Cup, so I watched some of the races, but the horses I was cheering for did horribly.  But that's part of the fun!  
    Hubby and I had a funny argument tonight.  I decided that this year I will put up stockings, since we have a nice fireplace so why not!  And I thought we would get six, one for each of the animals and then for him and me.  But he had the audacity to suggest that the rabbits don't get their own stockings each but the dog does!  The dog is too full of herself as it is, thinking she's better than the rabbits .... I think we've decided that we will get three stockings - one for each human in the house, and one for all the pets.  

• kerbohl said:
    I had a lovely weekend - spent most of it outside.  I went for a long hike with family - we were out for about six hours.  Sunday we did online church, then I did another walk with my parents and then did yard work outside.  And it was the Breeders Cup, so I watched some of the races, but the horses I was cheering for did horribly.  But that's part of the fun!  
    Hubby and I had a funny argument tonight.  I decided that this year I will put up stockings, since we have a nice fireplace so why not!  And I thought we would get six, one for each of the animals and then for him and me.  But he had the audacity to suggest that the rabbits don't get their own stockings each but the dog does!  The dog is too full of herself as it is, thinking she's better than the rabbits .... I think we've decided that we will get three stockings - one for each human in the house, and one for all the pets.  
    What!?!?  Rabbits get equal treatment!  How DARE he, lol.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • kerbohl said:
    I had a lovely weekend - spent most of it outside.  I went for a long hike with family - we were out for about six hours.  Sunday we did online church, then I did another walk with my parents and then did yard work outside.  And it was the Breeders Cup, so I watched some of the races, but the horses I was cheering for did horribly.  But that's part of the fun!  
    RABBIT EQUALITY
  • I celebrated all day Saturday with many glasses of champagne. People in my hometown were dancing in the streets all day. I totally got choked up many times during the weekend. It was a good feeling.