Wedding Woes

Veterans Day Wednesday

ei34ei34 member
First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
edited November 2020 in Wedding Woes
Happy Veteran’s Day to any Vets in your lives (shout out to my dad USN ☺️).  Schools are off by us in honor of the day, and it’s dreary, so I’m doing a big toy donation with my kids in preparation of Christmas.  They just have too much stuff.  And they really don’t have a lot compared to other kids’ houses I’ve seen, but the idea of too much stuff bothers me.

ETA 
Hope everyone has a healthy day!

Re: Veterans Day Wednesday

• Our kids have school today.  It's their virtual day but the schools do a great job at incorporating educating the kids about veterans into the curriculum.   Yesterday Chiquito's school had their annual walk a thon (just not en masse) and they raised money for veterans. 
  • I swear, like every Remembrance Day, it's clouded and grey.
    Nothing in person this year except for the older vets. They're trying to do more virtual stuff and honestly, I like that idea. That way even if you're working {like me} you can "attend"

I think since I've been working, only 1 year I was off?

BK is doing good with the muffin, but I think she doesn't like the flavour. When we get to needing a new batch {or when we see allergist - whichever comes first} I may ask if I can alter it - I think BK finds it too sweet. We're having issues with the appeal for it with her. I almost have to bribe her with other food to have her finish it.

I think the allergist will be ok with that because it keeps the tahini as is - which is the main part.

So good news bad news.
    Did I mention about a month ago my coworker's cat somehow got out middle of the night?
    He's a semi-outdoor cat but never at night.

Anyways, idk full story much but the cat was found.
    Unfortunately they decided to put him down - his back legs were cold and seemingly paralyzed but he was also having problems breathing :(

M & I were saying it's such a catch-22 - glad she found him, sad it turned out this way but they got to say goodbye at the very least.
    My heart just breaks for her :( She's obv off today. I'm gonna text her later and just send along my condolences and if she needs anything
  • I got some sleep last night, so even though I woke up a couple time, I feel much better today.  My throat feels better and I haven't taken any medication today.  I'm keeping the windows closed, even though the temp is ok, I'm trying to keep out the pollen or whatever is making me feel this bad.

H has stepped up with DD so much and based on our routines and other factors, H has given DD her last 5 tubbys!  I feel bad, but also, it feels so good to have that little break for the last week and a half.

H is off today, but just went over to MILs house to check out her Ring doorbell.  There was a bunch recalled and he is checking if hers is included.  If not, he will install it for her.  Then head over to Lowes to grab a few pieces of wood for our countertop project.
  • @OliveOilsMom Love when spouse's finally step up on stuff! M usually brings BK down on weekday mornings, so after our argument a bit ago, he's started getting her dressed. Days when I work from home, I'll just do it cuz I have time.

@CharmedPam cute nails. Did you do them?
  • CharmedPamCharmedPam member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited November 2020
    @MissKittyDanger, No I have to go pro for awhile since I developed an allergic reaction to “at home gels”. But I bet I could do them!  I saw him do it and didnt seem too too difficult. 
    Sorry about your neighbors cat.  It is sad news. Not only did she get to say goodbye - at least she knows what happened to him, and got closure too. Still, not an easy thing to do.

• @MissKittyDanger, No I have to go pro for awhile since I developed an allergic reaction to “at home gels”. But I bet I could do them!  I saw him do it and didnt seem too too difficult. 
    Sorry about your neighbors cat.  It is sad news. Not only did she get to say goodbye - at least she knows what happened to him, and got closure too. Still, not an easy thing to do.
    oh damn! Is it brand allergy? what do you use?

Yeh that's kinda what M & I were saying. Unknowns make you feel weird things because you don't get closure. It's not easy regardless
  • Has anyone done an advent calendar for stuff for yourself?
    {example:
    https://www.refinery29.com/en-ca/2020/11/10094341/unique-advent-calendars-canada-2020 }

If so, how was it and who did you do it with?
  • @CharmedPam once your nails heal, could you just buy professional gel? I use DND and gel OPI at home. I had some knock off brands originally but they were useless and would peel off in a few days. 

Back at work today. I’m sure my manager has COVID and I tested myself yesterday as well. I don’t think I have any symptoms? I’m tired but I’m also on my period and our neighbor has been working on his house loudly until after midnight every day so who knows. Yesterday was also absolutely exhausting. And I was met with more attitude from a staff member this morning so not exactly excited about dealing with that later. I’m going to test myself tomorrow as well and if both tests come back negative and I’m still feeling well then I’ll reconsider skipping our event. But I may still skip it to be safe. 

Otherwise SSDD. FI is freaking out about the possible/probable exposure I’ve had. I told him just to email his manager and tell him he needs to wfh (completely do-able and idiotic that they’re making anyone come into the office in the first place). 

@MissKittyDanger sorry about your friend’s cat. Good vibes for BK. 

• @MissKittyDanger, I've been eyeing a wine advent calendar at Aldi, but I probably won't do it. It would make a good gift, though.

It's business as usual here. Work is annoying me because people don't want to do their jobs. I'm kind of freaked out about the future of the country. We're about to get a storm. Basically, SSDD. 

My niece turns 4 on Saturday, so I'm looking for a gift while I'm bored in a call. Anyone know what the 4 y/o's are into these days? 
  • I’m off today but my mom came over anyway so I got to sleep in anc go out for a run! H and I are going to try and get to a patio for lunch since the rain stopped!
  • @MyNameIsNot unfortunately we don't have that here :( I considered buying that and just using the bottles for different gifts
  • It's been a day already.  When DH opened the apartment door this morning, a note fell out.  It was a notice from the apt manager that she's going to show the apartment at 2 PM today.  State law says she needs to give at least a 24 hour notice to enter the apartment.  The notice is dated 11/9 but it wasn't there when DH got home last night about 4 PM.  No call, text or even a knock on the door whenever she delivered it.  Of course, last weekend I slacked on cleaning because I spent Saturday doing errands with my Mom.  So today I'm cleaning in spurts between working.  Thankfully, I'm working from home.  But then I'll get interrupted by the showing at 2 PM.  I realize she needs to show it, I just would appreciate the notice required by law.  I could be a bitch and not let her in but don't want to burn that bridge.  UGH

Of course work is busy today as well.  Just feeling lots of stress.

Hopefully this person will sign a lease and then no more showings.  
  • @MNNEBride Wtf I would talk to the manager and say it hasn't been 24hrs and even though it's dated, it wasn't there when your H was home yesterday evening.
  • @MissKittyDanger I'm sorry about your friend's cat, but I agree with the closure thing.  I had a rabbit run away when I had someone else taking care of him, and that was over twenty years ago and it still bothers me.  But we're pretty sure the stupid Dalmatians next door killed him.  

I don't usually do advent calendars, but the wine one was intriguing me.  And then I realized that I would never be able to drink that much wine.  It would make a good gift though.

I start my new position on Monday, so these last few days will be interesting.  I don't know what is going to be different and what is going to be the same.  I do know that I will at some point probably not be WFH anymore.  My dog is going to hate me.

• @CharmedPam how are your fingers/nails doing? were you able to get a refund?

@MissKittyDanger there are lots to choose from for advents. I used to make DH one and I'd just wrap up a candy or similar item for him to open each day.  Target in the US has a 12 days of beauty one where you get different sample size beauty items each day. 

I'm making a 12 days of quarantine calendar for my parents and grandparents that will have stuff like sanitizer, wipes, masks, advil, etc. mostly just to be funny though it will be useful stuff. 
  • Jstump2Jstump2 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment Name Dropper
    edited November 2020
    @charlotte989875 my daughter is 4! She is very into unicorns and frozen stuff. I just ordered her some bath bombs that have little unicorn jewelry surprises inside of them and she is going to flip. Lol. 4 is also a good age to start simple board games like chutes and ladders and card games like go fish. Anything that isn't super messy but keeps them busy is a win too. Lol. Like play-doh, I have this cute magnet board and sticker books!

Links!

• I find that even a leaf throws my garage off.   It's a SUPER PITA when i've backed the car out of the garage and i'm cold and I have to run through the driveway looking like I'm putting on a silent show for the squirrels as I sweep through the area to get the thing to close. 
  • kvruns said:
    I'm making a 12 days of quarantine calendar for my parents and grandparents that will have stuff like sanitizer, wipes, masks, advil, etc. mostly just to be funny though it will be useful stuff. 
    Cute idea! :) 
  • Jstump2 said:
    @charlotte989875 my daughter is 4! She is very into unicorns and frozen stuff. I just ordered her some bath bombs that have little unicorn jewelry surprises inside of them and she is going to flip. Lol. 4 is also a good age to start simple board games like chutes and ladders and card games like go fish. Anything that isn't super messy but keeps them busy is a win too. Lol. Like play-doh, I have this cute magnet board and sticker books!

Links!

Adding into this - they have Frozen bath stuff at Walmart but also Lush is safe.

With BK's sensitive skin, we're more apt to do lush vs store bought for safety.
  • @OliveOilsMom Love when spouse's finally step up on stuff! M usually brings BK down on weekday mornings, so after our argument a bit ago, he's started getting her dressed. Days when I work from home, I'll just do it cuz I have time.

CharmedPam  cute nails. Did you do them?
    MKD - H has always stepped up.  Once I went back to work, we just outright switched nights and always took turns.  Even know, we take turns giving DD her tubby, putting her to bed, even keeping the monitor overnight.  He's just been stepping up extra the last week and a half.

MNNE - I'm glad that you said something to the landlord.  That's not ok.  

Levioosa - Has your Manager been tested?  I would probably still skip your event since it can take a while for your viral load to be able to test positive, but you could still be contagious.
  • @MNNEBride, good for you for speaking up. Your landlord was being intrusive.

@MissKittyDanger, best wishes for your friend's cat.

With me, SSDD. Applying for jobs even when the strong likelihood is that my applications will go nowhere. Having this perpetual sensation like I just got off a kid's merry-go-round - dizzy. I know it's nerves. I had some interviews this week but I have no idea where they'll go. One was with a company where the owner also wanted me to help write a book about her husband, who turned out to be a right-wing nutcase. They weren't even on the same page about it, and the guy doesn't want the book coming out until after he dies (he's very old, but even still...nor was he forthcoming. He didn't want to offer any information about himself or his business that wasn't already on the internet and thought that would be enough to constitute a book. It's not.) And his wife tried to do a "That's not what we agreed to..." so I decided to just back away.
  • @OliveOilsMom she was tested yesterday.

• levioosa said:
    @OliveOilsMom she was tested yesterday.
    Best of luck! I hope you and she are both negative for Covid.
  • @Jstump2 oh I see potential. If I was more DIY'er I know step 1 for me would be changing the floors
  • I'm hoping to find hardwoods under that carpet and my H has experience laying floors :)