Wedding Woes
Options

Christmas Eve

Hope everyone has a good ‘Eve and if I’m not around tomorrow a very lovely Christmas! and also;

Re: Christmas Eve

• Options
    I've been annoyed since last night.
    Tried to put my christmas jammie pants on. Do no fit. Grabbed wrong size.

Hella cranky and done.
  • Options
    So far I'm having a good one. I was supposed to work all day today (mostly planning to quietly dip around 3), but walked in to an email saying we're closing at 1. So I'm sitting at my desk tying up a few loose ends while sipping coffee and eating peppermint short bread. 
  • Options
    So far I'm having a good one. I was supposed to work all day today (mostly planning to quietly dip around 3), but walked in to an email saying we're closing at 1. So I'm sitting at my desk tying up a few loose ends while sipping coffee and eating peppermint short bread. 
    Mmmm peppermint shortbread
  • Options
    No working here today just hanging with the baby and H. Not baking not wrapping just hanging together. We’re going to zoom with sister and my parents in the morning and see Hs parents (who also watch Max) tomorrow evening. Just a quiet day around here and hopefully a nap! 
  • Options
    Had a 70% positivity rate yesterday for my tests I did the day before. That’s absolutely insane. I already have a stack of positives (per our policy it has to be a doctor to give positive results 🙄) and only one doctor on today. Merry Christmas. Lol. Looking forward to getting off at noon, going on a walk and getting a Starbucks caramel brûlée to spike with Bailey’s. 

I hope everyone has a good and safe holiday! 

• Options
    Merry Christmas Eve everyone. 

DS slept in till 9 today which was great except then he was ready to nap at naptime. Then he conked out around 5, just before the Zoom call with MIL. We let him sleep for a few minutes but then woke him up. He was all 'wtf' until he saw the presents MIL sent and then he was set. She gave him a couple little Duplo trucks but he is in toddler boy heaven. They are, in fact, in bed with him right now because that was they most peaceful way to accomplish bedtime tonight. 

Now, for my fuck up. I heard the local liquor store was doing deliveries, so my lazy ass, who didn't want to deal with people on a Thursday and Christmas Eve, decides to order some. Great Idea! But I either did it wrong or it isn't what I thought because they sent me an email confirming my order and that it would be ready for PICK UP in 4! Hours!. I am going to tough it out and go there but now I have to change out of my Christmas jammies. Boohoo!
  • Options
    Merry Christmas!

Semi "on" today, because I have some big deadlines coming up and plan to get some work done, but also semi "off" and catching up on some things that I put to the side the last few days. Major <whew>. 

Yesterday there was a power outage in my apartment building, which knocked me offline and made it impossible for me to work. Luckily the power came back on after about 45 minutes.

Appreciating now the relative peace and quiet.

• Options
    It's a Christmas miracle guys. The liquor store wasn't busy at all, lol. The guy said everyone showed up early today. 
  • Options
    @Jen4948 did you start your new job this week? How’s it going?
  • Options
    I'm here, but was too busy to go through this thread.  Love the quote, @CharmedPam!  Leggings are the bomb.  I saw these amazing unicorn ones for only ten bucks but they didn't have my size.  

@MyNameIsNot Peppermint shortbread sounds phenomenal!  I made cookies this week, but they were only meh.  I'm going to make meringue cookies tomorrow.  Of course, I made cookies and then hubby complains that he is getting a belly (he is definitely, definitely not - if anything he needs some meat on his bones.  I think he's stressed about something and it is morphing into unhealthy body image thoughts).  I won't have as many tasty treats as I usually do this time of year though.  I have no one to bake them for with this silly lock-down.  Le sigh!

I could bake them anyways and hock them at people that pass my house, but I don't think they'd appreciate it.

• Options
    Nothing much to do today. Getting some laundry done and that is about it. Virtual Christmas Eve service this evening the probably watching Holiday Inn with H and DS2. Merry Christmas everyone!

• Options
    Yes. It's been exciting and hectic, because we are launching a new website on Jan. 5, so we need to have several stories written and ready for the website. There's been lots of meetings (although not today or tomorrow) and the administrative things that go with starting a new job. I feel like Whew! Today I'm relaxing, but tomorrow I am probably going to actually work and then eat Chinese for supper (that's what Jewish people do on Christmas Day  ;)).
  • Options
    Jen4948 said:
    Yes. It's been exciting and hectic, because we are launching a new website on Jan. 5, so we need to have several stories written and ready for the website. There's been lots of meetings (although not today or tomorrow) and the administrative things that go with starting a new job. I feel like Whew! Today I'm relaxing, but tomorrow I am probably going to actually work and then eat Chinese for supper (that's what Jewish people do on Christmas Day  ;)).
    Wow, that's great that you could start it so soon!  Good luck with the busy week ahead!