Wedding Woes

Wacky WEDNESDAY

Today is Wacky Wednesday at school but I dont really have any winter clothes to do a fun wacky dress for him. He wore a construction truck shirt and dinosaur pants and I told him it was wacky because dinosaurs don't drive construction trucks :shrug:  Good thing he's not old enough to care.

Re: Wacky WEDNESDAY

• Wacky Wednesday indeed. One of the guys who report to me told me he’s taking an offer with a different company. He’s the most senior person on my team, we’d been worked on a plan for him to get promoted to the next level and I had no idea he was looking. I know that’s usually the case but I was pretty surprised. I really don’t want to hire now but we’ll have to. Definitely not what I planned for the end of the quarter that’s for sure. 
  • Wacky Wednesday indeed. One of the guys who report to me told me he’s taking an offer with a different company. He’s the most senior person on my team, we’d been worked on a plan for him to get promoted to the next level and I had no idea he was looking. I know that’s usually the case but I was pretty surprised. I really don’t want to hire now but we’ll have to. Definitely not what I planned for the end of the quarter that’s for sure. 
    oh darn, that stinks you're losing your most senior person. Did he express why he's leaving? 
  • @charmedpam back in the Flintstone's days the dinosaurs were the heavy machinery, right? 
  • I failed my exam. I've been in just an awful mood since. :(
  • kvruns said:
    Wacky Wednesday indeed. One of the guys who report to me told me he’s taking an offer with a different company. He’s the most senior person on my team, we’d been worked on a plan for him to get promoted to the next level and I had no idea he was looking. I know that’s usually the case but I was pretty surprised. I really don’t want to hire now but we’ll have to. Definitely not what I planned for the end of the quarter that’s for sure. 
    oh darn, that stinks you're losing your most senior person. Did he express why he's leaving? 
    It’s largely money- he relocated in September because his wife got a job offer on the West Coast; since we’re remote we had no problem with him being remote permanently. However he’s in a much higher CoL area and we didn’t change his salary at the time because he was opting to relocate rather than the company sending him there. He’s also been working East coast hours and the new job would be based out there although still remote. 

Yeah @CharmedPam he knows. Even with the promotion we wouldn’t match the salary he’ll be getting out there. 
  • @missJeanLouise, power to your momma.  Glad she’s taking the right steps for self care. 

Sorry @MissKittyDanger :( I know you had some future plans that banked on passing that.  When can you take another stab at it?

• I'm sorry @MissKittyDanger, when can you retake?
  • @CharmedPam @Casadena summer. Last year was June. I reprinted everything this morning because some stuff was faded.
  • @MissKittyDanger, oh no!  Was that for your driver's license?  Or something else?

@charlotte989875, sorry to hear you have a person leaving.

@CharmedPam, If the portions are too small on Nutrisysem, maybe supplement with veggies and a little bit of fruit?  It was a long time ago when I was on NS, but I think you are supposed to do that anyway.  I also highly recommend keeping a variety of good low salt/no calorie seasonings on hand.  Most of their food tastes okay, but it is bland, bland, bland.

I am running on fumes.  I stayed up too late and then had trouble sleeping on top of that.  I ate a protein-packed Jimmy Dean breakfast bowl (I love those) and now I am eating peanut butter with a butter knife, right out of the jar, lol.  Not the healthiest thing calorie and fat-wise.  But I find protein energizing (relatively speaking) and am grasping at whatever straws I can to keep my eyes open, lol.  Of course, drinking all the coffee, as well!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • @short+sassy  exam for a course for work
  • CharmedPamCharmedPam member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited March 2021

@CharmedPam, If the portions are too small on Nutrisysem, maybe supplement with veggies and a little bit of fruit?  It was a long time ago when I was on NS, but I think you are supposed to do that anyway.  I also highly recommend keeping a variety of good low salt/no calorie seasonings on hand.  Most of their food tastes okay, but it is bland, bland, bland.
    All good advise!  Yeah limited fruit (berries recommend) and veggies are supposed to be eaten as well. As long as “power fuels, smart carbs, extras and free food”.  It’s quite the plan!  I’m in a facebook group and some of the people are crazy insane about staying on the plan but I’m thinking I may be more relax with it and use it as a way to portion control/drop calories since I know I consume way to many.  But also, they’re suggesting 1,200 calories for me, and I think that’s WAY to low for someone my height, weight and frame.  I did a ton of online calcs and they say I should be 1,700 - 2,000 for a healthy loss! That’s a big difference. I also work out 1 hr a day. 

Oops @MissKittyDanger, I also thought this was your written part of your drivers exam.  Sorry just the same.

Edit words 

• @Casadena we got brooklinen sheets for our anniversary. I am not too impressed, tbh. DH loves them but I prefer crisper, silkier sheets. We did get the duvet too though and I love that, just not the sheets.
  • I’m not going to help you much @Casadena, but maybe help you on what material to look into at least? This brand is sold out & hard to find:

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00QFKQYJA/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_glt_fabc_23BY0ZRNBFF3NV40G4HW?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1

They were 4.5 stars, 50,000+ reviews when I bought mine years ago and love them! They have a nice silky feel to them, but not silk so you don’t slide off them lol.  They are magic though. Immediate warmth in the winter yet cooling in the summer (you can see through them, but trust me, they’re warm when you want it to be!) I have two sets, so the bed can always be made while the other is in the wash.  They held up for a good while now and now that I’m looking back at them, I’ll be sad if I can’t find replacements when the time comes!

• ... and now another team member isn’t responding to texts/ emails. Wacky Wednesday indeed. 
  • I used to want crisp cotton sheets but recently switched to Linen.  In the winter they really insulate more and my feet aren't nearly as cold as they are when climbing in on cold nights.  They do get loose after a week especially for DH who is my toss and turner so they must be washed weekly but I don't want to go back to cotton.   

I will say that they're also more breathable and that suits DH better as my sweaty hubby. 
  • @short+sassy  the more I read about Dolly the more I like her! I am signed up for the imagination library that she started. It send monthly free books to kids from birth to 5 years old to help promote literacy.
  • banana468 said:
    I used to want crisp cotton sheets but recently switched to Linen.  In the winter they really insulate more and my feet aren't nearly as cold as they are when climbing in on cold nights.  They do get loose after a week especially for DH who is my toss and turner so they must be washed weekly but I don't want to go back to cotton.   

I will say that they're also more breathable and that suits DH better as my sweaty hubby. 
    I've been VERY interested in linen sheets lately but haven't pulled the trigger.  Where have you found the ones you like?  

Thanks all for the recommendations!  I ordered a set of the JCP ones already, great deal!!
  • @short+sassy @Jstump2 I never liked listening to podcasts until I listed to Dolly Parton: America, which is all about her life and music.  It's amazingly interesting and made me an even bigger fan.  It's finished, but I'd love if they added another episode about her charitable works too.
  • VarunaTT said:
    @short+sassy @Jstump2 I never liked listening to podcasts until I listed to Dolly Parton: America, which is all about her life and music.  It's amazingly interesting and made me an even bigger fan.  It's finished, but I'd love if they added another episode about her charitable works too.
    I don't normally listen to podcasts, but that does sound like one I would like.  Thanks for the recommendation.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Sorry to hear the news @MissKittyDanger!
  • Casadena said:
    banana468 said:
    I used to want crisp cotton sheets but recently switched to Linen.  In the winter they really insulate more and my feet aren't nearly as cold as they are when climbing in on cold nights.  They do get loose after a week especially for DH who is my toss and turner so they must be washed weekly but I don't want to go back to cotton.   

I've been VERY interested in linen sheets lately but haven't pulled the trigger.  Where have you found the ones you like?  

Thanks all for the recommendations!  I ordered a set of the JCP ones already, great deal!!
    I picked up a set from Parachute.  They are pricey but I dig them.  Every Memorial Day and Black Friday they have sales so I got them at a lower cost.  Also, DH is a top sheet hater so I only bought the bottom sheet plus pillow cases.  

• sorry to hear that @MissKittyDanger

We have those too @MyNameIsNot but my H doesn't like them. We have a super tall mattress and even "deep pocket" sheets don't stay on well. Personally I think he's too picky and they stay on just fine but he got annoyed by them

@missJeanLouise great to hear your mom is taking that step. Is she divorcing him now and then moving next year or waiting to divorce until she retires too?