Wedding Woes
Options

Tuesday?

I think? It’s all blurring together at this point.  Hope it’s a good day for everyone!

Re: Tuesday?

• Options
    I had a dream right before I woke up that it was Wednesday, so i'm very excited that in real life it's only Tuesday.  At some point this week i'm going to take myself out to lunch at Taco John's and I am SO excited.  IL doesn't have any, it's way better than Taco Bell (like, not even close, Taco Bell is garbage) and i miss it so much.  Hopefully today if mom and H and are cool with handling the little man at lunchtime :) 

H and I are going to use my parents cards and go on a Costco scouting date tonight.  We are not members and have been considering for awhile, especially with the growing number of tiny people in our house who eat WAY more than you think they should at 15 months, lol.  Just want to compare some prices and get an idea of if it will be worth it for us.  Anyone used Costco brand diapers/wipes etc?  I've heard the pricing is great but curious if they're comparable to another brand?

• Options
    @casadena I've heard people say Costco diapers are like huggies but I can't confirm bc I dont have costco myself. I never thought the prices were amazing but then again I would try to coupon for diapers so it might be cheaper than normal store prices.  Also I think Costco (and Sams) sometimes have Groupon deals where you pay $50 and then get coupons for free products and a gift card to make the membership nearly free
  • Options
    Getting a haircut today which is good timing since I have to do a last minute presentation tomorrow. Last time I was here they wouldn't/couldn't blow dry or style your hair - I wonder if that is still the case.
  • Options
    @Casadena Costco: Diapers are mixed. We had no issues, but I've heard other people not a fan. Wipes are not worth the price. Walmart's Parent's Choice is a better deal.
    If you go formula, their pricing is really good for that and sizing.
    Meat is pretty good priced but depends what you want.
    3 pack bread is good, but we rarely have space in our freezer.

BK is so funny lately.
    Yesterday she kept telling me to go.
    Today she was sniffing daycare's FAKE flowers and saying "so nice" and "smell nice" with a big sniff. lmao
  • Options
    Before we were members my parents would buy us Costco diapers and they were good.  Never tried at newborn phase but they and BJs were fine for our kiddos as they were eating solids. 

I LOVE Costco!  Things we often get there
    -Meats (roasts, chicken thighs, corned beef -  you name it!) 
    -Chicken pot pie - it is HUGE but serves us and MIL with leftovers for $18.
    -Pizza - it is NOT good but one will feed the family.  I'm a New Haven girl and well...this isn't but it is cheap and filling. 
    -grab and go meals - LOVE the street tacos. 
    -Cereal
    -Various non perishables like applesauce, pasta
    -their own brand of paper towels and toilet paper is great.
    Their seasonal items are great to spot.  We've found great gifts for kids including the recent acquisitions of two Grogu Squishmallows. 

I am not thrilled with their liquor store near me but your mileage may vary.

Speaking of dreams I had a VIVID dream last night that involved me flying on a business trip to be surprised by my grandmother (dead for 5 years) and my uncle who was driving her across the country.  It's stuck with me and I always wonder what's up when I dream about people I loved that aren't with me anymore. 
  • Options
    @Casadena, I don't know anything about diapers, but I recall that my sister used the costco brand (Kirkland) formula. She did a lot of investigation into ingredients and was happy with it, and it saved her a ton of money even just supplementing. My costco membership pays for itself with gas and booze, but that's because there is literally a costco gas station across the street from H's office. It would probably be too far out of the way to go every time we need gas otherwise. 

My excitement today is that the pilot went out on our water heater, and I can't get it to relight. I've watched about a thousand youtube videos, but I think the ignitor is broken and we're going to have to call someone. Whomp whomp. Cold shower and a repair bill. 
  • Options
    I'm cranky today.  The weather, no results for DefConn (who feels fine, so he's just...hanging out until we get the all clear.), work is on my last nerve.  We have had a massive system connectivity issue since yesterday and there's been another huge ongoing issue that's been a PITA for a few months now.  Those two things are rearing their ugly heads today and I'm just not interested.  

Costco is the shit.  We do a shop about once a month or so.  We get all our paper products there, dishwasher tabs, laundry detergent, bacon, coffee, applesauce, taco seasoning, vodka, prosecco, and on and on... 
  • Options
    I forgot about the gas!  I think I last filled up my car in January but in "normal" driving times that's where I pump now and we also opted to get a Costco Citibank CC for their gas.  The savings in gas is also super worth it and it is top tier gas. 

Also, their rotisserie chicken is their loss leader and at $5 it is a great value if you can use it in the next couple days.    

Biggest gripe: I need storage for the Costco items. 
  • Options
    We use Costco for paper goods meat (H swears by it for grilling meats especially and their rotisserie chickens can't be beat and we do have a freezer), cheese, eggs and some fresh produce. For just the two of us most of the fresh produce is in too large a quantity. We also buy toiletries if they carry our fave brands.  DD and H use it for everything because they go through a ton of fresh produce with the twins - especially milk now. I don't think they used Costco diapers and wipes. I think they had amazon auto order for that.

I have a stretch session today - can't wait! I'm trying to start to do some meditation daily. I've done two days in a row lol! A couple of friends of mine (one is a physician) highly recommends it for overall wellness especially nowadays. I thought I'd give it a shot. Lord knows I have time since I'm still not going out and about much any where.  H is taking our sick doggie to the vet today for a check to see how she is progressing. She seems to be slowly declining and has developed a cough. I'm to the point where I think we should put her down. H isn't there yet. I definitely don't think we should vaccinate her ( she is due for them) because I think it will be too much for her system to handle. He said he will see what the vet says. Only one person can go in with her so it is his job today. He also had his second vaccine this morning! Yay! I also woke up this morning thinking it was Wednesday - blurg!
  • Options
    I miss Costco. BJs is fine but not the same. 
  • Options
    Has anyone used a stone cleaner for the BBQ?
    We need to get new stuff but also clean our bbq, with all the stuff last year regarding the wire cleaners I really wanna not use it :\ 

Also who does bbq kabobs? Any seasoning you really like?