Wedding Woes

Fri-yay!!!

Just got my second dose! Sitting in observation feeling really thankful. 

No plans this weekend, hoping I don’t feel too bad after the jab. We’ve got terrible wind and rain now so probably be a good weekend to hang out and snuggle the baby. 

Re: Fri-yay!!!

• Yay for Friday and yay for second dose! We got the storms last night. There were some tornados south of me, but I don't think any damage super close. I'm happy we didn't lose power at all.

I start my new role next week. I should take advantage of today to tie up lose ends and get organized, but I'd rather just screw around on the internet. 

No big weekend plans. BIL and fam are supposed to be coming Monday, so we'll need to get the house and yard cleaned up and buy a bunch of snacks. Otherwise, I'm just hoping to catch up on sleep. 
  • I qualify for my vaccine around June :) I'm essential worker, but I am group 2 as my age does come into factor. If my mum wasn't 60, she would be in group 1 {age and job}

Anyways it's pretty much a down pour today. I have said 3x that "it's very much needed" lol
    BK is thrilled she could wear her unicorn rainboots and just discovered they're unicorns lmao

I made a tea, but I am not thrilled with flavour. It's a tad .... spicey? Urg, I was so stoked to have a tea too :( 
  • @MissKittyDanger, I don’t really like tea but this stuff is good! I think its for after dinner/before bed.  Says its for bloating but I don’t know about that.  I’m not really big on bloat.. it’s a sexist tea.  I’m sure men can drink it!

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01LZEBY6P/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_glt_fabc_XXCBCPSC3BYVHR0H54GB?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1

@charlotte989875 hope jab #2 is seamless 

Does anyone have Discovery Plus?  I started 2 shows last night and both shows stopped 10 minutes before it should. And embarrassingly enough, one was Pig Royalty.  I’m in awe.  Awe that pig showing is a real thing and in awe of the drama in it. 
    ~signed, a Midwesterner

• @CharmedPam Hmmm ... that sounds good. M like mint, so he'd probably like it too
  • @mrsconn23 nice! :) I love the floors
  • CharmedPamCharmedPam member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited March 2021
    @mrsconn23 you guys did an amazing job!! Want to redo my floors?  What’s your going rate?

edit to add: discovery plus is up and running again! Yay Pig Royalty and Love Games!

• @mrsconn23 you guys did an amazing job!! Want to redo my floors?  What’s your going rate?

LOL!! That was all DH for the most part.  He's been getting a ton of people asking to do their floors after seeing the pics.  This is the first major flooring project he's ever done.  He helped his dad with his bathroom flooring, which was a bitch and a half because they had to make so many cuts. 

DH spent weeks researching and watching instructional videos on installing floor.  
  • ei34ei34 member
    Yay for the second dose @charlotte989875
    @mrsconn23 the floors look great and happy birthday defconn!
    Happy Passover to @Jen4948 and anyone else who celebrates.

Today is the last day before spring break.  It always goes around when Easter and Passover are, but they’re both early this year, so we’re going to have a long stretch between when we return and the end of the year.  But I can’t complain, breaks are breaks.  Going to try and do some nice things with the kids.
  • @mrsconn23, it looks so great!
  • short+sassyshort+sassy member
    edited March 2021
    Edited to add:  @mrsconn23, Those rooms look great and I'm also a huge fan of those floors.  I love wood floors that have variations in color like that.  Now I want a wine rack table also, lol.

I am in high spirits.  It has been a super chill day at work.  I have two important reports to get out.  They have already both been sent out.

Fridays are my half day and I was JUST about to leave on time (for once!).  When one of the engineers I support sent some high priority packages for me to do.  I asked him if he would like me to work OT (which I would have to get approved by the Big Boss) or if they can wait until Monday.  Apparently Monday is fine, but 

I get travel special e-mails.  From one of them this morning, I found $97 r/t flights from NOLA to NYC.  100 bucks!  To go to NYC!  Yes, please.

There was also info about a 4-star Times Square hotel...with top floor rooms that have floor to ceiling windows...for only $169/night.  I already clicked through to check it out and that price even includes weekend nights!  Pre-pandemic, my H and were talking about "splurging" on our next NYC trip and getting a hotel room like that.  But even the super good deals were $300-$400/night.  My H and I are going to discuss when I get home from work, but I think we are going to pull the trigger on that.

Not much on the docket for this weekend.  I need to stop at the bank on the way home.  That's about it.  Probably going out to dinner tomorrow night at seafood place that has great reviews and I've been wanting to try.

Oh!  I heard a funny joke about vaccine eligibility for my area.  In regards to after they opened it up to a wide range of medical conditions..."If anyone's ever eaten a shrimp plate in Louisiana, they're eligible."
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • @charlotte989875 yay for second dose! I hope any side effects you might have resolve quickly! 

@mrsconn23 the room looks great! 

Work today. I’m “Jefe” today as they call me at work when my Manager isn’t in. Lol.

TLDR ahead with drama. 

I’ve been in a funk the last few days. FSIL and I got into a fight where she accused me of “being competitive” with their wedding and she heavily insinuated without outright saying it that she was tired of me “copying” her. I told her she was incorrect, that I wasn’t feeling that way, and then she kept doubling down. So I got angry. We normally talk every day and we haven’t talked in days. I’m really upset that she would act that way and that she can’t even see where the root is (big Christmas drama that was purely FBILs fault). And honestly, Christmas drama aside, nothing is unique. Your destination wedding is not unique, weddings are not unique. The clothes we buy are not unique, especially when there are similar tastes and we like the same stores. I’m engaged too (three years and counting, lol). I can’t help that it was a coincidence that FI had his emergency surgery and it put things in a different light for us right around the time they were thinking of planning their wedding. It’s super selfish and immature to think that we’re thinking of wedding stuff around the same time because they finally decided to book something. I don’t have any close friends in the immediate area who can or who want to talk about wedding stuff. Everyone is having a baby or lives far. I don’t want to involve my mom in anything because I’m still 70/30 on eloping and I don’t want to open that can of worms. I just wanted to share some stuff and thought it would be fun to go through some of the experience together. So I’m just feeling really hurt and I don’t think she’s going to reach out to apologize. Every experience I have ever had with weddings has made me absolutely hate them. I don’t know what happens to people when they’re getting married. 

• @levioosa is there a strong chance that FSIL is going to be one of few guests at your wedding?  Weddings seem to make people SO emotional and some get worse than others.   What's your FI's stance?  Do you want him involved? 

We need to clean up here.  MIL, FIL and FIL's brother (all vaccinated) are coming over for dinner tomorrow and the uncle hasn't been here before.  I love the uncle and am looking forward to the visit but not the cleaning. 

Kids are at school.  DH and I had a nooner.
  • @banana468 if we had a wedding/reception, then yes, they would be there. We’re typically very close. I don’t know if I want to get FI involved. I know he’ll stick up for me, but I also know he’s very much of the mediator/middle child mindset where he wants everyone to be happy. He agrees that they’re being ridiculous though and we strongly suspect a lot of it is coming from FBIL. It doesn’t take a psychologist to see that FBIL is scrambling for excuses as to how he acted and what he did at Christmas even if in his mind these two things aren’t connected. Tbh while I’m happy for them I’m honestly concerned. They have a lot of shit to work out and a lot of trust issues. It’s not like marriage suddenly fixes everything.

• I can't remember the Christmas drama and am trying to look it up.  But is it possible that he's doing everything he can do deflect from himself even though that makes him look more like an ass? 
  • ei34ei34 member
    edited March 2021
    Ugh sorry to hear about the drama @levioosa! This is the FSIL you’re usually close with, right? 

@ILoveBeachMusic sending T & P
    edit words 
  • @banana468 I didn’t talk about it at the time. But he got black out drunk and tried to kiss me numerous times. Then the next night he allegedly tried to hook up with FI’s brother’s GF, once again black out drunk. It was really bad. He waffled with “I don’t remember it so it didn’t happen” and there was a point where FSIL said that when we were all sitting together he was looking back and forth between the two of us unable to tell which one was her. We both have the same hair color but we look nothing alike. It almost ruined our friendship and I was worried it was going to continue to do so as there was no real consequence for FBIL. And it looks like it is. 

• So it sounds like FSIL isn't holding him accountable for his actions.  That sucks and if it's a pattern of behavior whether or not you both wear wedding dresses in the same year should be the least of her concerns.  
  • I'm so glad it's the weekend!  I want to sleep in.  I have piddly little errands to run tomorrow, which always annoys me, but they need to be accomplished.  Then, I need to figure out my eating situation b/c I'm still not wanting to cook.  I've got a friend that I'm trying to get to know better.  She's not quite not accepting my invites, she truly is busy AF b/c it's my tattoo artist and between tax returns and stimulus, she's working almost every day right now.  IDK, I get tired of being by myself, but I need friends who are interested in more than the bars.  I need the my movie theatre to open up again!!

SSDD, nothing really to report.  I've made it through a full week of work for the first time in awhile.  I'm hoping all of the drama of the past few months is finally past and I can truly start to find some peace again.
  • @ei34 yes it is

@ILoveBeachMusic sending your family good vibes! 

• @mrsconn23 - love the redo!  
    @Jen4948 - Good luck on the interview
    @levioosa - ugh on SIL/BIL drama
    @ILoveBeachMusic - T&P for your family

Happy Friday

We ordered a new couch a week ago and it was delivered yesterday (yay for having one in the warehouse!).  Went with a reclining one as it went better with our existing recliners in style.  Had to do some shifting in the living room.  We also purchased an media center/fireplace about a month ago and have been waiting to coordinate with my brother to pick up it.  That's happening tonight so I foresee a weekend of furniture assembly in my future.  Then I'll need to sell our current TV stand.  

Having dinner with my Mom, brother & nephew tonight. Nephew is 6'4" and 18 yrs old so he's great for helping move things lol.  I need to get some groceries this weekend too.  

I put a birdfeeder on my office window and it's been fun to see our neighborhood birds up close.  Cardinals, a couple kinds of finches, mourning doves, chickadees and red winged black birds.
  • For what ever reason I can't open any of y'all's pictures to see your redos. Darn! I love looking at house stuff.
  • Damn @leviossa that’s messed up! The Christmas stuff but also how FSIL is acting about the weddings. You two seemed to be so close, I’m sorry this is going on!
  • Just got my second Pfizer dose too! Cleaning house this afternoon in case I feel too bad to do anything tomorrow. We are having friends over for dinner Sunday night.

DS2 has some medical stuff going on - not sure what. Doctor is ordering some tests. So I would appreciate any thoughts, prayers, crossed fingers whatever you've got, for him. He's pretty anxious about the whole thing. He had gone in for his annual physical and some of his regular lab work was high so that is what triggered other stuff. He also has some other history. I tell you what, this parenting stuff never stops. Between worrying about DD and baby, DS1 and lack of job and now this, I think I'm wearing out the worry stone. 

Some good news DS1 and DIL got an appointment this weekend for Moderna. That is earlier than their original appointment which was scheduled for April.
    Hope everything turns out okay with your son! All the good thoughts!

Hows DD and the baby doing? She’s getting close to her due date, right?
  • Just got my second Pfizer dose too! Cleaning house this afternoon in case I feel too bad to do anything tomorrow. We are having friends over for dinner Sunday night.

DS2 has some medical stuff going on - not sure what. Doctor is ordering some tests. So I would appreciate any thoughts, prayers, crossed fingers whatever you've got, for him. He's pretty anxious about the whole thing. He had gone in for his annual physical and some of his regular lab work was high so that is what triggered other stuff. He also has some other history. I tell you what, this parenting stuff never stops. Between worrying about DD and baby, DS1 and lack of job and now this, I think I'm wearing out the worry stone. 

Some good news DS1 and DIL got an appointment this weekend for Moderna. That is earlier than their original appointment which was scheduled for April.
    Hope everything turns out okay with your son! All the good thoughts!

Hows DD and the baby doing? She’s getting close to her due date, right?
    Thanks! Yes, she is due the 18th but the doctor is thinking about taking the baby a week early because he is measuring so big (estimating 11 lbs if goes to term - no she doesn't have gestational diabetes). She really doesn't want another c-section and knows that if they induce it could very likely end up with another one. So unless he comes early on his own he could be born on the 12th. She and the baby are doing fine. She is just tired and stressed out about this large baby!
  • MNNEBride said:

@Jen4948 - Good luck on the interview

Thanks!
  • ei34 said:

Happy Passover to @Jen4948 and anyone else who celebrates.

Thanks!