Wedding Woes

Re: Anyone watch RHoSLC?

• OMG I was hoping there'd be a post about this! I'm in shock! It does explain though maybe the wealth (you know her H doesn't pull in THAT much money) and her freakouts?
  • Yeah, I totally think the freakouts and erratic behavior can be explained through some of this.  HOWEVER, the indictments say it was going on up until THIS MONTH.  Either she's brazen or had NO IDEA she was being investigated.  I have to think she knew something was up because she was presented as a coaches wife that lives very fabulously, but nothing about the fact that she actually ran 'companies' (now known as scams) or was some sort of businesswoman.  

They're filming RIGHT NOW, so this is going to make for an absolutely insane season 2 if they include this.  I wonder if she'll have to quit now and what that may do about that. 

I find it interesting that so many HW's have gotten caught up in the legal issues due to schemes that are from before they started on the show.  Clearly, Bravo doesn't do ANY vetting/background checks.  Or they do and still greenlight these people. 
  • mrsconn23mrsconn23 member
    First Anniversary First Answer 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited March 2021
    She said at some point, on the show or reunion, that Coach Shah used to be a sports lawyer and/or agent and made a shit ton of money doing that.  It sounded like quitting all that to do coaching was like his passion project.  I wonder if he knew any of this? 

This is all very fascinating and I will be keeping up with it.  They were both only rung up on one count of each charge (which there was 2-3), but I wonder if this is just to get the case going.  This is federal, so the charges come with hefty fines and sentences. 
  • It's crazy that they're filming season 2 right now. I hope they show it. They're also filming RHOBH right now too and I'm curious how much of Erika's divorce/scam drama will be shown. 

Agreed that it's shocking and fascinating that people will agree to be on a show about flaunting wealth while doing illegal shit. I mean, Teresa really was the first one, right? 
  • mrsconn23mrsconn23 member
    First Anniversary First Answer 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited March 2021
    Yeah, I think Teresa was the first one and I mean, she's given that show everything. Birth, divorce, her extended family, went to jail ON TV.  Love her or hate her, she's sacrificed and shown her whole ass life on that show. 

Garcelle said in some interview that she's talking about it.  I think she can probably only address the divorce.  The bankruptcy is tied to the fraud, so I'm not sure about that.  I've been listening to pop culture and Bravo podcasts that have brought lawyers on to talk about this stuff.  I love hearing them talk about it.  It's SO interesting. 
  • Right, I'm sure Erika will only be talking about the divorce, not how they scammed victims out of $$$. 

I'm at the point where I can't stand Teresa anymore. She's almost unwatchable this season for me. 
  • I dropped off on Jersey during the Caroline years.  I keep up through listening to podcasts, but it's definitely not one I'm interested in watching.  

OHH on the Bravo front, Top Chef comes back on Thursday.  I'm so excited.  
  • AH I'm so excited for Top Chef! It's one of my favorites, for sure!
  • OHhh shit, this did not age well. 

May be an image of 2 people and text that says Jen Shah TheRealJenShah Teresa walked so I could run run RHONJ RHOSLC Falynns Freethinkers bravobravo 9920 Jen about to LAUNCH a glass across the table RHOSLC The Real Housewives br  of Salt Lake City 136 PM 9920 Twitter Web App 243 Retweets 291 Quote Tweets 1377 Likes
  • Omg HAHAHAHAHAHAHAH!