Wedding Woes

Happy Dyngus Day!!

In case you’re not from a Polish-American family here’s the history of Dyngus Day, https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Śmigus-dyngus. Sadly no celebrations for us this year but my Mom did play polka music for the baby. 

How was everyone’s Easter that celebrated? We went to my Mon’s & she was so happy to have people for dinner. The baby was great too. No crying and napped on the way there and back!

Re: Happy Dyngus Day!!

• So we've been talking more about BK's room make over and although I was thinking wall paper {wall blush fyi} I think we're going to do paint as I really wanna do a decent rug.
    Wall paper isn't cheap. Neither is rug. So decisions.

Rug:
    Minnie Floral Multicolor Rug | Washable Rug | Ruggable

Painting we're doing this basic idea {different colours}
    Mädchenzimmer – Cha R. Line – #Cha #Schlafzimmer #girl #Line – – #kinderzimmer - My Blog | Pareti camera da letto ragazza, Idee per la stanza da letto, Design della camera da letto (pinterest.ca)
    I actually like these colours. I would do a softer pink though.

Anyways, starting this week I'm back to wfh part time. Lovely.
  • On Saturday, my H and I went to an outdoor food/beverage pop-up event in the parking lot of a grocery store.  It was fun!  Lots of yummy treats to be had.  Plus it's supporting local small businesses who normally sell their wares at festivals and have been hit extra hard by the pandemic.  The grocery store provided a DJ and didn't charge the vendors anything to be at the event.  Yesterday, we just stayed home and didn't really do anything for Easter.

Today is an extra rough Monday.  Nothing bad has happened.  I just enjoyed having four days off so much, it's hard to come back to normal, lol!  
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • @Casadena Right? I loved a few wall papers but honestly I love the rug more. Painting gives more options :) 
  • We had a good weekend. Saturday was nice weather, so I went to the park and we had a shrimp boil. BIL and fam left early yesterday, so the house feels very quiet. Yesterday we went to my parents' for Easter. It was warm and beautiful; we were outside the whole day. My dad put up a fence, so we brought the dogs and they played all day.  The pollen count was really high. I'm still feeling the effects today. 

I'm looking forward to wrapping up work and just having a quiet night at home tonight after so much activity last week and over the weekend. 
  • CharmedPamCharmedPam member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited April 2021
    I went to my parents this weekend and hung out with them.  Pretty uneventful.  So glad to be home and back to my own routine.  I’m renewing my costco card tonight even though I’m months away from the one closer to me being done, but I need to get some nutrisystem cards.  If I can maneuver all the discount codes and promos and gift cards, I’ll be paying $10/day (ish) for 3 meals and 2 snacks!  Yes.  2.  I’m going on the men’s plan because they get an extra snack.  Pfffft.  Sexist diet program.  I like extra snacks too! 

Ugh @ei34, fingers crossed for a quick break away too. You don’t need quips liie that.
    Edit words

• In case you’re not from a Polish-American family here’s the history of Dyngus Day, https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Śmigus-dyngus. Sadly no celebrations for us this year but my Mom did play polka music for the baby. 

How was everyone’s Easter that celebrated? We went to my Mon’s & she was so happy to have people for dinner. The baby was great too. No crying and napped on the way there and back!
    Wait what is this holiday though? Wiki says a day when boys dump water on girls and also spank them with pussy willow branches?
  • Easter was nice.  My birthday is this week and MIL had  candles in cakes for me for dessert.    DH agrees that I "got boned" (to quote him directly) in the birthday department having my 2nd Covid birthday.  Maybe he'll throw me a 42nd birthday party or he'll pull an Alice in Wonderland and I'll have an 'un-birthday' party.  

MIL and FIL advised that BIL & family will be visiting in July.   I love my ILs but I'm married to Robert Barrone and BIL is Raymond.  A few facts:
    -MIL and FIL knew we rescheduled our vacation for the last two weeks of July.  This has been on the books since July 2020 and we last brought it up in their house in February.
    -BIL has 3 kids who will be too young to be vaccinated.
    -Chiquita and Chiquito are also too young to be vaccinated. 
    -Work is incredibly demanding.  I am not going to have the opportunity to take additional vacation time in July. 
    -MIL has these visions of BIL going around to visit family members who will all have kids too young to be vaccinated on this trip because he has not been out here since 2018. (sadly the last two summers they were either prepping or recovering from the passing of their last two children.)

I expressed to DH that I'm more than happy to get together with them assuming at least the adults are vaccinated but expressed my staunch displeasure at the flippant disregard that galivanting to multiple homes will be putting our unvaccinated children at risk and I expect him to speak up.     I am not comfortable with the concept that the health of our kids appears to be some kind of afterthought. 
  • Andplusalso BK is slowly going to 2T lol
    Yes in just shy of 2 months she will be 3 but she's always ran tiny so I'm not worried. Honestly more annoyed if anything lol! I was hoping she'd just run the 18m until we could be in shorts but noooo she had to grow lol

Katie on Instagram: “Meanwhile in our lives 💕”

Katie on Instagram: “Easter Crafting Not entirely successful 🙃”

Katie on Instagram: “Easter Bunny came and brought frozen and unicorns 🥰 🐇🦄❄”
  • Easter was great.  I'm tired today because we hosted and were so busy prepping all weekend.  The weather was perfect.  Holidays are weird without mom.  She loved doing baskets for the kids.  She even ordered them baskets last year and had them delivered. 

SSDD otherwise.  
  • @levioosa, I hope the hike with your FSIL goes well tonight and you all can start mending your friendship.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • @levioosa I hope your hike goes well.  That she wanted to hike is hopefully a sign that she's looking to move forward. 
  • kvruns said:
    hugs @ei34 fingers crossed the weeks go quickly for you. I need to follow in your footsteps in the near future, just need the strength.

Hoping all is okay- sending strength for whatever is going on. 
  • Hope the hike with FSIL went well @levioosa
  • (((Hugs))) @kvruns. I missed that statement.  Sending you all the strength as well

• ((hugs)) @kvuns. If you need lawyer recs, let me know.  I can get quite a few from my mom group.  
  • Hugs @kvruns.  We're here for you.