Wedding Woes

Tuesday!!

It’s a beautiful Tuesday morning here. The sun is shining and it’s going to be in the 60s today. Spring weather is such a mood boost!

Not much going on here. Work. Tired. Need to drink more water. How’s everyone else?

Re: Tuesday!!

• Regular old Tuesday here.  I went to renew my Costco card last night and found out my 5% off wholesale club category won’t work in store at Costco because they only take Discover online! I haven’t been in Costco since 2017. I was looking forward to 5% off my bulk grocery shopping. Either way, I purchased the nutrisystem giftcards online and saved $60 there plus the 5% off - and that made up my club membership costs.

It’s going to be nice and I should probably do some of the dreaded yardwork I have to do tonight instead of the weekend. 

• I'm back to part time wfh, but today is a disaster because BK is home. Daycare is closed today due to provider having 2 appts.

I didn't wanna take a vaca day but honestly I wish I had. It took awhile to reset up my computer because our original plan was to bring mine upstairs but not only was it not cleaned, but we need an access point. SO we basically said fuck it, and I'm in a weird spot in our dining room for now. Which also means I have to shove everything over for dinner.
    Guhhhh nightmare. Covid needs to end so I can stop this part time wfh .... 
  • It's a beautiful Tuesday here too. I wish I'd gotten up early and gone for a walk before work, but I slept instead. I'm loving the spring weather, but poor H is on day 3 of an allergy attack. I'm thinking he might need to do a teledoc appointment and try to get something before it turns into a sinus infection. I thought for sure benadryl would solve him last night, but no luck. 

Work is hard right now. I'm trying to learn a new system, mostly through operations documents. It's so hard to stay attentive. 
  • ei34ei34 member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited April 2021
    It’s a nice spring weather day here too. 
    I’m trucking through my first cold in over a year and forgot what a drag they can be.  DD and STBXH took Covid tests and were negative, and I’m fully vaccinated, so I do think it’s just a cold that’s trickled through my family.  Not loving it!

edit spelling 
  • Another gorgeous day here. We need to get the porch furniture uncovered and the rug vacuumed. I've cleaned our room and I need to do the rest of the main floor in case we are called back to Chicago.

I have my annual doctor's appointment today (internist). It was postponed from last August because my doc cut back on days she is coming into the office due to Covid. Of course my appointment was on the day she eliminated. April was the first available appointment! All my blood work came back great but I know my weight is up! Ugh! Can we just not talk about it. I also know I'm due for a colonoscopy this year yeah 60! I hate the prep for that. 

Other than that not much going on here!

• @ei34 hope it doesn’t last long. Good luck at the doctors, @ILoveBeachMusic

These nail strips come out tomorrow. Which set am I getting (only 1 for some retro fun)?

• It's going to be gorgeous today.  DH got his first vax.  Wahoo. 

DH is sending me pics of Chip and Joanna Gaines in Indy last night for the championship game.  LOL  

I'm so ready for a vacation. Mini getaway next month and Ozarks in 2 months.  I also want to do an adults only friendcation at some point this year. 

Work is blerg.  It's...Tuesday. 
  • @ei34 hope it doesn’t last long. Good luck at the doctors, @ILoveBeachMusic

These nail strips come out tomorrow. Which set am I getting (only 1 for some retro fun)?
    I like the Cool Beans and Totally Rad.  But they are all cute.

@levioosa, that sounds great!  Sounds like you both missed each other and can get the friendship back on track.  I'm glad you're feeling a lot better.

Insurance rant.  For the two duplexes that I spent over a year renovating, I have had to change the mortgagee clause on my hazard insurance for them THREE times in the  last 8 months because of all the refinancing and then selling of those mortgages.  And 2 out of those 3 times, including the most current one, have been nightmares that took me hours to resolve.

I won't even get into the long story dealing with the insurance company themselves just to get things squared away.  

The dec. pages were sent to the mortgage servicer several times, but they kept saying they hadn't received them.  Turns out, they had mixed up BOTH FILES with somebody else.  And not even the same somebody else.  Two totally different people.  I'll call them John Doe and Jane Smith.  So if you put in the address or loan number for one of my properties, it was John Doe's insurance information that came up.  But with my property's address and loan number on his expired dec. page.  Same with Jane Smith for the second duplex.  His insurance had expired in Feb. 2021 and hers had expired in March 2021.  THAT was why I'd been getting the avalanche of letters.  I thought it had been because they hadn't received the dec. pages updated with their notification info.  But no, they thought both policies had expired.

How can that possibly be that my addresses and loan numbers are on someone else's insurance dec. pages?  Initially, the CSR seemed "confused" by that also and said I must know who those people are because they are the "insured" for those properties.  I tell her three times that I have no idea who those people are and that nothing she is telling me makes any sense.  My (business name) is the only owner of those properties since I first closed on them on 6/24/19.  It's my company's name on the dec. pages.  It has always been my company's name on the dec. pages.  And the policy numbers and dates of coverage are also all wrong.

Then she tells me that, when dec. pages come via fax machine, the information is moved to a template.  She asks to give her a sec to try and pull up the original faxed document, though they are often hard to read which is why they move faxed dec. page information to a template.  OOOHHHH, REALLY!  So obviously someone royally f**ked that up.  Twice.  Wow.  After she looked at the original documents, that was exactly what had happened.  But then why did I have to spend 5 minutes convincing her the problem was on their end!?!  That whole phone call took me 35 minutes.  And that was after I spent 20 minutes on the phone with them yesterday.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • What is your book for this month @kvruns?

• @levioosa, Glad the hike went well! I know this conflict has been weighing heavily on you. I hope you'll be able to talk it out a little more frankly in the future.
  • @CharmedPam I have nail strips from Colour Pop and another brand for funsies. I always chip my damn nails right after painting them. I've heard ColourStreet is good :)
  • I've had better days.

I finally got my old work computer shipped back to my former employer on its account, but only after a ton of obnoxious runarounds, because the person who made the arrangements to have UPS come and pick it up didn't send me the labels, and UPS refused to accept it without the shipping labels. So I drove it to a UPS store with the tracking numbers that the employer gave me, and they still wouldn't take it. Finally, after several phone calls, the employer came up with a credit card number for me to charge it to - which I'd originally asked them for in the first place.

Another employer who is paying me right now on a contract basis sent me some bookkeeping assignments to do online, only for me to discover that I have to have "verification" to open QuickBooks Online (which I hate), and the "verification" goes to the client's email or telephone number.

I even found out that a recruiter is trying to recruit me for employment with an employer who already interviewed me but didn't make me an offer.

:s 
  • @ILoveBeachMusic we read The Restaurant https://www.amazon.com/Restaurant-Pamela-M-Kelley-ebook/dp/B082LNTGYP/

It was an easy fluff read. Sort of like a Hallmark movie type but surprisingly I didn't care for it. I didn't mind it but the story didn't do much for me 
  • @Jen4948 sorry to hear you're having some crappy days. I hope the days are looking up soon 
  • @CharmedPam I have nail strips from Colour Pop and another brand for funsies. I always chip my damn nails right after painting them. I've heard ColourStreet is good :)
    So far Color Street has stayed on the longest as far as strips go.  I used another brand a long time ago and disliked them.  I’m not great at capping the ends (cutting them along the end and tucking them over) so the polish does “chip” after a bit. My last ones were on 2 weeks and looked like normal wear ‘n tear.  Shoulda taken a pic of them.  I’m horrible at painting my nails and this is a very easy way to apply color. 

wait color pop like the make up brand does this too?

• @Jen4948 how frustrating! Glas the shipping got out though.  I’d tell the recruiter that these people will more than likely pass on you.

• Thanks @kvruns and @CharmedPam. I finally at least got the QuickBooks files open so I'm able to work on that now. Then I can work on other projects.
  • Happy Birthday @banana468! I’m not even a seafood lover and that looks good!  Hope you enjoyed  your cake!

• Happy Birthday @banana468!! That dinner looks fabulous!
  • happy birthday @banana468!
  • Happy birthday @banana468
  • @banana468, Happy birthday!  Surf and turf dinner...yum.  Your DH is a good man!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • @banana468 happy belated!!

@CharmedPam they had a few leopard print and rose prints last year. Still have not used lmao