Wedding Reception Forum

covid 19/pandemic clauses in Reception Venue contracts

Help! There are not allot of resources out there with this subject now during the current covid 19 pandemic.Now as venues are reopening in some states wedding planning can resume for our situation. Are there any guidelines to suggest for covid19/pandemic clauses for further protection of our monies applied to the reception bill? Your help is tremendously appreciated!
Thank you !

Answers

• Help! There are not allot of resources out there with this subject now during the current covid 19 pandemic.Now as venues are reopening in some states wedding planning can resume for our situation. Are there any guidelines to suggest for covid19/pandemic clauses for further protection of our monies applied to the reception bill? Your help is tremendously appreciated!
    Thank you !
    I doubt there is anything standard now but it is definitely a question you can/should be asking of all your vendors. "What is your refund policy incase the wedding can't go ahead as planned?" Ask if there are exceptions. If you have to reschedule because of any reason, what are their policies?
  • You can also ask to have a clause added to the contract if there isn’t anything in their standard agreement. 
  • Late to the game here... But the one thing you want is a clear cancellation/refund policy!  For example, we had it here, the Governor locked everything down Wednesday evening for all events beginning Friday evening of that week...  So all Weddings/receptions taking place could only happen in a group of 10 or less outside (the 10 to include the photographer and officiant!)..  You want it spelled out how and when refunds will be issued.  How cancellations are handled (i.e. dealing with a quarantine!)..  There is no standard, but that's something I wouldn't sign any contracts until I knew those things (and truth be told, I wouldn't sign a contract without a clear cancellation clause in general because if the venue cancels on me, I want to know I'm getting my money back, not a rescheduled event!)