Wedding Woes

Monday again

How was everyone’s weekend?
The kids and I had a terrific (fun for them, restorative for me) pool day at my parents’ house yesterday.  Really thankful to have the support of family, especially since STBXH’s bs is getting worse.  
Wishing everyone a good week!

Re: Monday again

• Damn, @ei34 I’m sorry things are getting worse. Any timeline on when he will move? How are the kids doing? 

We also had a lovely pool day at my sister’s yesterday. Baby M had his first swim and he absolutely loved it!! Saturday we took him for a short woods/ creek walk and he stuck his feet right in the water and kicked around. He’s definitely an outdoors kid! 
  • Oh man, I'm sorry @ei34. I'm unfortunately still dealing with ex drama too. 

I had a really nice peaceful weekend. My dog hurt her back leg (they think a ligament issue) and she's on strict rest. So I was just home cuddling with her most of the weekend. Also it was humid and in the 90s so I really wasn't even interested in being out that much. I did go out to lunch with my friend yesterday and was legit covered in sweat from sitting outside for an hour. 

My pool opens this week so I'm super excited for that!
  • I went to nephew's graduation on Friday night with my brother.  Afterwards, we ran into ex-SIL and her 2 sisters.  It was a bit awkward as I hadn't seen her in 2 yrs.  Everyone stepped up for nephew so it was good.  

Late Friday afternoon I got a text and phone call from our credit union that there was suspicious activity on my debit card.  I called back and, sure enough, someone put through a couple of testing charges of .01 and .10 cents and then a charge of over $300.  Fortunately, it was flagged and denied.  Cancelled the card and found out I could drive over to my local branch and they would print a new card for me.  However, when I got there, that machine was down.  

Saturday morning I went to a different CU branch and got a new card.  Also picked up another planter for the front of the house and ran a few other errands.  In the afternoon, I went to celebration of life for BFF's stepdad at a local park.  It was very nice and I was able to meet my goddaughter's two little ones.  So cute!

Sunday I was worship leader at our virtual service at 8:30 AM.  Just like being in a tv studio lol.  Our outdoor in-person service was cancelled due to thunderstorms.  I came home and crashed hard.  I've got the cold DH had last week and I was just wiped out.  Did some laundry but it took all my energy just to get it folded and in a basket.  Will need to be put away today.  

Back at work today.  Need to re-make the artificial flower arrangement we take to the cemetery this week.  Mani/pedi on Tuesday night.  Next weekend, we'll take my Mom to the cemeteries.  Saturday looks to be the best day at this point.  
  • CT lifted the mask mandate but private businesses still allow them to be used.  Thus far I haven't seen a big change and I'm going to continue to mask up especially since my two littles are not old enough to be vaccinated yet.  I now go mask free outside only and only with those I know who are comfortable with it.  If I'm about to have a conversation with a baseball mom and she's masked I'll wear it. 
  • kvrunskvruns member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its First Answer
    I've still been wearing a mask at the grocery store but today noticed a much larger percentage of people not wearing them. Then I wonder if I look like the anti-vaxxer wearing mine, like someone is looking at me thinking "why won't that lady get vaccinated". Probably not, but that popped into my head earlier 
  • kvrunskvruns member
    I thought about that too @banana468 I'm sure there are a number of them. 

I think I have mentioned that my H has said he wouldn't get it (mostly to avoid having to return to the office). Then last week I asked what he would do if this big car event he's attending in August required them (doubtful they would because of the crowd it attracts anyway) and he actually said he was planning to get it in June to be all ready for the event. I was SHOCKED!  But then also am like well then go do it NOW why wait anymore. I told him he should do it Friday because my parents are watching B so he can lay around if he feels bad. Granted he could do it even if B was here, it isn't like him being under the weather really changes childcare, but I'd just have to tell B to be quiet and not disturb him so I'd rather avoid that if I can. 
  • banana468 said:
    kvruns said:
    I've still been wearing a mask at the grocery store but today noticed a much larger percentage of people not wearing them. Then I wonder if I look like the anti-vaxxer wearing mine, like someone is looking at me thinking "why won't that lady get vaccinated". Probably not, but that popped into my head earlier 
    Am I the only one thinking that it's the anti vaxxers who are now walking around without masks in greater proportions compared to the vaxxed?   

Once the restrictions were lifted my first thought was that suddenly every grown adult can now act like they've been vaccinated and we are bad to ask and judge. 

Not comparable on the same level but it reminded me of the people who pull the "Oh my dog is a service dog" BS because their dog ISN'T but they have random paperwork or vests so they can sit with their teacup poodle in a coffee shop and their ignoring of proper protocol is actually harming the veteran with PTSD who needs their trained animal.  
    That's what I'm annoyed about.  The CDC recommendation about masks is for people who are vaccinated.  But now it is a blank check for un-vaccinated COVID-deniers and "it's my right to not wear a mask" people, to run around at greater risk of contracting COVID and then passing it on to others.

Unfortunately, there is a big misconception about service dogs vs. emotional support animals (ESAs).  Service dogs are trained to help with a physical disability.  They legally must be allowed to be almost anywhere.  But that isn't true for ESAs.  Businesses can choose to not allow ESAs.  Though industries related to housing (rentals/hotels) and transportation are the two exceptions where ESAs legally must be allowed also.  Though there are exceptions to those "except" industries too, lol.

There are also steps businesses can take to verify an animal is an ESA or service dog, if they want to.  For example, I do!  Because the stakes are much higher for me with a tenant who wants an ESA.  But, sure, a lot of businesses don't want to get into it with customers, so they look the other way.  Even if they normally have a "no animals" policy.

I've only had the ESA thing come up twice with potential tenants.  But neither one followed through with an application.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Had a good weekend. Friday I bought flower baskets and flowers for pots for my porch and flower beds. We got those planted Friday and Saturday. We had a VIP reception to attend Friday night for the opening of a cultural campus near us. It was great to go to an outdoor event and see people. We left early so we could have Mexican food with DS2 on his last night home with us for a while - he goes back to in person work on June 7th. Saturday morning a rode in a Cycle-a-thon to raise money for my YMCA. I put 18 miles on my spin bike. It was held outdoors in the parking lot of the Y. It was a ton of fun. Saw people I hadn't seen in over a year since I haven't been going to spin class. I'm really glad I have been using DD's Peloton though! DS2 left shortly after I got home.  Sunday we did outdoor church then I did nothing all afternoon because the dogs had me up way too early! Tonight we have church book club - we read Lillian Boxfish Takes a Walk. It is a good read. Our book club does not necessarily read religious books and this is not one.

This morning while at the Y, I signed up for a demo with a new personal trainer. My old one, with whom I've worked with for over 6 years moved and took a new job. I did virtual training with her through last month but needed to find someone new for in person now that I am vaccinated and plan to return more regularly to the Y. The demo is tomorrow morning. The Y still has a mask requirement because our county still requires them even thought the rest of Indiana has lifted it. I feel pretty good about the safety procedures there and that the majority of the staff has been vaccinated. I also think most of the clients have probably been vaccinated (based on those that I know personally).
  • ei34ei34 member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    I definitely think the majority of the people now unmasked are anti-vax. I’ve seen a couple stores by me with a sign saying if you’re fully vaccinated, a mask is optional, but haven’t seen anyone unmasked indoors yet. My school, church, supermarket and the kids’ extracurriculars all still require them, and im fine with that. 
    That said, I will be thrilled when some of our favorite outdoor spots (an arboretum, botanic garden and preserve) lift their mask mandates.  I’ll mask as long as they want but am excited to unmask outdoors where distancing is easily accomplished. 
  • Ohhh NJ lifting masks indoors on Friday! Really hoping I can start walking from my apartment to the trash room maskless. 
  • Jen4948Jen4948 member
    First Anniversary First Answer First Comment 5 Love Its
    I started to go to work today but because of flash flooding in Houston got caught in some really bad weather and turned around and went home. So I'm spending today at home. 

Unfortunately, because of the freeze in Texas in February, tax season here was extended to June 15, so my boss just emailed me that we have to start working extended hours. And over the weekend, my parents asked me to help them with a tax problem. I did it, because they had helped me with something, but I am sick and tired of taxes.

Okay, pity party over for the day. I am working on CPE since I have today available to do it (I haven't worked at this job long enough to have remote access installed on my home computer).

I still wear masks when I leave home and when moving around the office at my job, but I feel better about removing it when out of doors and when I need to otherwise. And life is otherwise okay.
  • banana468 said:
    kvruns said:
    Am I the only one thinking that it's the anti vaxxers who are now walking around without masks in greater proportions compared to the vaxxed?   

Once the restrictions were lifted my first thought was that suddenly every grown adult can now act like they've been vaccinated and we are bad to ask and judge. 

Not comparable on the same level but it reminded me of the people who pull the "Oh my dog is a service dog" BS because their dog ISN'T but they have random paperwork or vests so they can sit with their teacup poodle in a coffee shop and their ignoring of proper protocol is actually harming the veteran with PTSD who needs their trained animal.  

Nope I'm absolutely certain of that, based on who I hear bitching about masks and their general positions.

I understand the CDC wanted to comment on the science that was beginning to clearly show going without masks was pretty low-risk for the vaccinated. But we needed to bring things back to full capacity (hey! letting people live their lives!) and keep the masks for a while still, so we don't have this nonsense.
  • Ohhh NJ lifting masks indoors on Friday! Really hoping I can start walking from my apartment to the trash room maskless. 
    Hahaha...same! 
  • kvrunskvruns member
    that's so interesting on the Below Deck connection @mrsconn23 I've had a few people I know show up on the HGTV show in Fountain Square but that makes more sense. I remember the ILs were visiting and we were watching and I stood up and yelled at the TV I know him!!!! 
  • mrsconn23mrsconn23 member
    First Anniversary First Answer 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited May 2021
    kvruns said:
    that's so interesting on the Below Deck connection @mrsconn23 I've had a few people I know show up on the HGTV show in Fountain Square but that makes more sense. I remember the ILs were visiting and we were watching and I stood up and yelled at the TV I know him!!!! 
    Yeah, I'd expect to see someone on HGTV more than Below Deck.  I'm curious to see if she gets any decent camera time. There's like 8 guests this time and then the crew drama too (which there's a chlamydia storyline, heh.  DH and I were watching last week and he asked me what it is and I was like, "IDK, I never had to mess with STD's thankfully." SO then he's all, "Well look it up on your phone.  I don't want it in my google history.":  What?  Jerk.  LMAO).