Wedding Woes

Wednesday

Ultrasound showed no blood clots yesterday, so definitely thankful for that!!  Seems like just normal pregnancy/heat swelling.  In the office the rest of the week trying to finish up as much as I can so i don't have much on my plate the next couple weeks.  I got a (mostly decaf) shaken espresso from SB this morning and it was super good.  I still haven't picked an espresso machine for Mother's day, but have narrowed down to Nespresso brand.  Very excited to finalize and stop spending money at SB.  If I could figure out how to make bacon/gruyere egg bites as good as theirs I would be set for life.  

What's up with everyone?

Re: Wednesday

• I've done it again. Over done it and had a breakdown.

What triggered the breakdown? M ate BOTH of the apple turnovers I was going to eat.
    He agrees it was out of line and we discussed everything that's been happening - that he isn't doing, etc.

Anyways .... we're working on stuff piece by piece and he's stepping up more.

I'm just .... idk. I guess I'm not in a good place.
  • kvrunskvruns member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its First Answer
    @casadena yea for no clot!  Have you tried making egg bites in the instantpot? I've never had SB but we did make some in the IP and they were good
  • @Casadena, glad the results came out positive.  Have you tried a copy cat recipe?
    https://copykat.com/starbucks-sous-vide-egg-bites-bacon-gruyere/

I’m sorry you’re going through that @MissKittyDanger.  Sometimes all it takes is one thing to set off the big things but the most important thing is that he’s willing to talk about it and make changes.

This morning I just accepted that my favorite morning news show is not coming through my digital rabbit ears/. It once was.  So now I’m forced to watch bland news anchors. I went to see Cruella after work last night. It was really good! I also like the “right after work” time slot because I’m already 1/2 way to the theatre. Tonight Conjuring is playing in Dolby the last time, so I have to make the choice of Dolby Completely Captivating tonight or regular screen tomorrow or another day.  Alone.  Because apparently I’m single again. 

• kvrunskvruns member
    Sorry to hear about that MKD, I'm glad you're able to talk things through. Any other steps you could take to help too - do you see a therapist or maybe even just some friend time if lockdown is over? 
  • kvrunskvruns member
    oh no @CharmedPam is this related to the alcoholic comment from this weekend? 
  • I’m sorry @kvruns that’s tough- are you putting in the offer solo? (Also let me know if you want me to delete this when you delete). 
  • @kvruns @CharmedPamM kinda saw that it wasn't about the turnovers, and that was just the catalyst.
    It was just once again planning to do 87thousand things and overwhelming myself - I cannot stop myself from doing it unfortunately.
    I've tried therapy but I just don't "click" with anyone yet.
  • I love the bacon/gruyere bites too. 

I'm slightly annoyed t this morning because I hate when I get caught in the middle of the left hand and right hand not knowing wtf they're doing.   Such unnecessary stress. 

We started Hacks last night on HBO.  The first episode lived up to the reviews.  DH and I were both laughing a lot.  The one-liners are great. 

Anyway, it's overcast and blah today.  Like my mood.  Pretty sure I'm PMSing.  I'm beyond ready for vacation, but I'd settle for the weekend getting the hell here ASAP. 
  • OMG, @CharmedPam.  I'm sorry.  Vent away if you need to. 
  • @Casadena, I'm glad to hear there aren't any blood clot issues!

@MissKittyDanger, I'm sorry you're in a bad place right now.  I hope things start improving for you.

I had a nice, long talk with my mom yesterday.  I don't talk to her that often, so it was great to catch up.  I'm tentatively planning to go back home for a visit toward the end of the year.

My niece is in high school!  And my cousin's daughter (R) is in college.  How did I get this old, lol?  Both of those young ladies were at my wedding, 8 years ago.  My niece was 6 and she was our flower girl.  And R was a tween.

Other than that, not much going on today.  Just trudging along.  I have a gas station mystery shop to complete when I get off work today.  Easy 20 bucks and it's almost on my way home.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Yeah I agree you have to click with someone and then it actually is a great thing.  American healthcare is doing a lot of telehealth because of covid, so maybe a call to a few people would be good?  Not wasting any transportation time anyway?

@kvruns GL I have more to ask too but hate the prying eyes. 

I think the drinking thing got him to think about us.  The thing that bothered me the most was I think he was about to ghost me.  At 43.  He didn’t talk to me after he left Sunday and then I tried to say good morning Monday.  Last night, I asked him if everything was ok and if he wanted to talk.  He basically said our differences were too big (and they are) for a future (and he’s right) with us. And I’m like... I meant over the phone? This isn’t really something to text.  No call after that.  But that’s how he handles life. He doesn’t face things head on so a text break up - wanting to ghost me after 10 months sounds about right.

• kvrunskvruns member
    Yes Charlotte just me.  And B.  I can't go anywhere without him LOL

• Wow what a massive man-child, @CharmedPam.  ((hugs)) and tequila.  
  • kvrunskvruns member
    that sucks @CharmedPam I hate that ghosting is a thing and we can't just be adults about these things, especially with a longer relationship like that! Even if it sounds like you knew and acknowledge differences that may have ultimately kept you from a long term future, he owed it to you to have an adult conversation, hard as it might be.

I had a bf of nearly 3 years ghost me back in my late 20s and I was like wtf. 
  • short+sassyshort+sassy member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited June 2021
    @Casadena, I forgot to mention, Costco has bacon/gruyere egg bites that are delicious.  Or maybe it is gouda?  Though I have never had the SB ones to compare.  They are more then "bites", lol.  I have a healthy appetite and just one is enough for breakfast.  They sell 4 for $10.

@kvruns, I'm sorry to hear about things.  Hang in there!

@CharmedPam, oh no!  I hope you and M can work things out, but maybe it's for the best?  I know you had some concerns about him.

Edited to add:  I posted before I saw your update.  I'm sorry things didn't work out but there are a few bright sides.  He was good company (overall) for 10 months and I suspect helped get you over some of the hurt from the divorce.  However, long term, he wasn't right for you.  

I hope this ends up being a situation where, although it is sad now, it will open the door to an even better relationship with someone else.  And you will look back and be glad the break-up happened now. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Ugh how awful @CharmedPam.  Sorry you're dealing with this. 
  • @CharmedPam - so sorry.  Break ups are hard, whether your 15 or 45.  Even if you have big differences and no real hope for a future. Give yourself some space and grace.

@MissKittyDanger - sorry you are struggling.  Hope you can find someone to talk with.

@kvruns - I hope things work out for the best.

I have a friend driving through town today on her way home from a conference.  If she gets done in time, she'll stop by.  FX we can get together!  Otherwise, haircut tonight.
  • Oh @CharmedPam you were dating Burger! 
    I'm going to say Congratulations.  You do not need to be with someone who does not respect you. 

@Casadena can you arrange to work with your feet up and in looser shoes?  That was a big help to me through both pregnancies and maxi dresses /skirts were my work uniform for the later pregnancy months.  I wore Birkenstocks (and still do!) which also helped for the support and adjustability.  I am no fashionista and went for support while my body stopped being my own. 

For all the anecdotes of people reporting fertility issues after being vaccinated I'm here to tell you that I peaked 15 days ago (charting w/ Clear Blue fertility monitor) and am decidedly NOT pregnant.  

• @CharmedPam I’m so sorry. *hugs* what an immature ass. 

@MissKittyDanger I hope you feel better

@Casadena yay for no clots! 

I’m having issues with staff starting to take advantage of my general “hands off” type managing style which is annoying. I’m not absent by any means, but I’m also not a micromanager and I hate being micromanaged. But you do not get to continually bitch about your assignments and then tell me (not ask) that you are taking a half hour lunch and then leaving early. I will take away that privilege and I don’t think they think we will. You also don’t get to give me attitude when I give you an assignment. So that needs to be addressed, which is fun. 

Otherwise, SSDD. Hike tonight. I need to get organized for the weekend. We’re hosting FSIL’s Co-Ed bachelor/bachelorette party this weekend and there’s a lot to do. 

• banana468 said:
    Oh @CharmedPam you were dating Burger! 
    I'm going to say Congratulations.  You do not need to be with someone who does not respect you. 

@Casadena can you arrange to work with your feet up and in looser shoes?  That was a big help to me through both pregnancies and maxi dresses /skirts were my work uniform for the later pregnancy months.  I wore Birkenstocks (and still do!) which also helped for the support and adjustability.  I am no fashionista and went for support while my body stopped being my own. 

For all the anecdotes of people reporting fertility issues after being vaccinated I'm here to tell you that I peaked 15 days ago (charting w/ Clear Blue fertility monitor) and am decidedly NOT pregnant.  

We're still WFH optional and casual dress at the office.  So YES I can work however I need to to be comfier!  I have my feet up in my stretchy sandals at the office and my most comfy pants on.  No shame here :)  it's just easier to pound through my few things left to do when I have 2 screens, a comfy chair and silence bc no one is here!
  • Also thanks for recipe and costco recommendations for the egg things, I will definitely be trying them all!
  • Seems like everyone is having a shitty time :(

Hugs all around! 
  • Joining the bad news train just found out I didn’t get that job I really wanted and did 5 rounds of interviews for. They just decided they didn’t need to hire anyone. And my kitty is sick so off to the vet soon. 
  • kvrunskvruns member
    uh that sucks on both items @STARMOON44
  • Oh nooo @STARMOON44!  That happened to DH recently and it's so frustrating.  Kitty healing vibes.  

• @misskittydanger it’s always the small things that are just the straw that breaks us.

I’m sorry @charmedpam You definitely deserve better! If he can’t give you the respect of a conversation he was never going to be who you need.

@ shortandsassy I think you had suggested Sherwin Williams flooring a little while back. My husband stopped by their office today and got a sample and quote and was blown away by their pricing! We our possibly putting new floors in at the new house pending what the old house sells for, fingers crossed!

• I’m so sorry @STARMOON44. Healing vibes for kitty