Registry and Gift Forum

Universal Registry

Has anyone used this option recently? I registered for 3 items this way. Two of the items none of the stores we registered at offered and the third item only one store offered in the color we want, but the reviews were not good. If you have used this option recently, is there a way for the purchaser to mark the item as purchased? 

Re: Universal Registry

• Has anyone used this option recently? I registered for 3 items this way. Two of the items none of the stores we registered at offered and the third item only one store offered in the color we want, but the reviews were not good. If you have used this option recently, is there a way for the purchaser to mark the item as purchased? 
    I think this is one of the problems with universal registries; if you order directly through that website then the gifts get marked as purchased, but if someone goes into the store and buys there they don’t get marked as purchased on the registry. With some people can log on and mark as purchased but it doesn’t often do it automatically with in store puchases. 
  • Has anyone used this option recently? I registered for 3 items this way. Two of the items none of the stores we registered at offered and the third item only one store offered in the color we want, but the reviews were not good. If you have used this option recently, is there a way for the purchaser to mark the item as purchased? 
    I think this is one of the problems with universal registries; if you order directly through that website then the gifts get marked as purchased, but if someone goes into the store and buys there they don’t get marked as purchased on the registry. With some people can log on and mark as purchased but it doesn’t often do it automatically with in store puchases. 
    I think a lot of our guests will be buying stuff online. The town my family lives in doesn't have many stores left and unfortunately they don't have any of the stores we registered at. 
  • Most stores have online options though so that guests can buy on line and have things shipped. I almost always buy gifts that way. Most brides I have bought gifts for register at Crate and Barrel, Pottery Barn, Bed Bath and Beyond, Target or a department store like Macy's. All of them have on line options that include free shipping for bridal registries.

I don't have any experience with universal registries unless you count Amazon. The time I've used an Amazon registry it was a major fiasco because the item was sold through a third party vendor. There was an issue with the item and getting the issue solved was a pain in the backside since it didn't come directly from Amazon.
  • I know its too late for you. Someone else will surely ask. I found you can go to the item on amazon and then back page and it will ask if you bought it. I wish the knot would let the couple mark it purchased.