Wedding Woes

Dreary Monday

Deary Monday it is. We had bad tornadoes in our area last night, thankfully it passed my small town but destroyed so many houses near me, like just miles away. it’s amazing what mother nature can do. 

It’s also prime days and I hear other companies are competing but so far no sales on what I really want.  55” tcl roku tv.  I got one last December but it was refurbished and already crapping out on me.  I’m out of the warranty phase.  This time I need to get NIB, I’m so mad because it was still pretty expensive and less than 7 months old!

Re: Dreary Monday

• I picked up some compression packing cubes and a mat for exercising that can handle sneakers.

I'm debating this:  https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07516SJ6Q/ref=ox_sc_act_title_1?smid=A1ZK54J6PU9G14&psc=1

I have tiled floors in the kitchen that desperately need the aged grime to come up.  I'm hoping this is better than the time I do not have.

Feeling a little off this morning and slept SO poorly so I need some good sleep tonight. 

• We were north of the tornadoes but included in the tornado warning.  Sirens were going for awhile but luckily we escaped any damage.  Glad you're safe, Pam!

Still no baby!  I think i've decided against an induction but hoping baby comes this weekend when my family will already be here and my favorite doctor is on call.  Fingers crossed! 

Need to do a bunch of prep tomorrow morning for my interview at 2:30.  I'm super nervous - mostly just out of practice doing the "pitch" part of my job (which is what a lot of this will be) because i haven't been traveling and doing 1-1 meetings since everything has been virtual.  

I spilled coffee all down the front of my shirt this morning and i can't get it out (I'm at the office).  Upside is someone is ordering lunch - which is great because I forgot to bring one. 

Stalking Prime day and other retailers for any last minute baby stuff/a small comfy chair/an espresso machine.  
  • BK is back at daycare.
    So far no words about daycare's husband having surgery, but he's still in pain.
    SFIL did well with BK solo. It was the first time solo since December 2019 lol

She was so exhausted because he didn't push her for quiet time lmao Normally she's in bed by like 8:20pm but Friday, she was asleep by 8pm
    She is not ready to drop naps yet.

Saturday was decent. We went to Cabela's as an early fathers day thing. BK picked M a fishing lure and I paid for a few things M wanted/needed for fishing/kayaking.
    I also picked up some fudge they had at the cash.
    Pretty sure they were over capacity, and did not cycle air very well. We were dying of heat, and I know BK was over stimulated. She was just a weird mood through the store. M says he was anticipating her better, but I told M that she hasn't been in a store in over a year. She did okay, she definitely wanted to explore. We're already planning to bring her to stores a bit more to help her learn.

Sunday I did gravesite with my mum and uncles.
    Didn't bring sunscreen, because my mum said it was under a tree.
    It was not. I am burnt. Fuck.

Wednesday is my exam. Friday BK is at my mum's and M & I are going for dinner on a patio!
    Sushi isn't open because no patio, so I'm annoyed lol
    We've got a few options though.
  • I hope everyone stays safe with the tornados! 

Father’s Day was good but the rest of the weekend kind of sucked. I was in THE WORST mood on Friday. I got screamed at all day by patients, I had to call 911 for someone outside of my county (which is a shit show and should have never been sent to me), and FI and I got into a tiff. The cherry on top on Friday was one of my staff who has been giving me a ton of attitude requesting a meeting between me and my two managers because of “the unfairness” she has been experiencing. I almost blew my top. I know I did something to piss her off a few weeks ago because she stopped talking to me and won’t even look at me or acknowledge me. I have zero idea what it is besides asking her to cover another area (something that’s also being rotated among staff). I could tell she was feeling a little burnt out lately, so I’ve even given her some extra admin (non-patient) days to try and snap her out of it. Now I’m just pissed at how entitled and petty she’s being. I don’t micromanage, I’m fair with my assignments. I already have a headache just thinking about it and I’m dreading this week. 

Otherwise SSDD. I’m ready for the next two weeks to go by so I can start vacation. 

• I was watching about the storms and tornado on the news this morning. Crazy! 

Also my coworker is now in OBX too and they're getting a tropical storm. I feel so bad for him! And the weather the rest of the week doesn't look great. 

I had a perfect weekend. Laid out by the pool, had dinner with my girlfriends, finally got all my laundry from vacation done. Cleaned the apartment. Have I mentioned how much I love living alone??

I'm picking up the guy I'm seeing at the airport tonight. His flight doesn't land until almost midnight, assuming it doesn't get delayed lol. I'm gong to have to nap at like 8pm..haha. 
  • MyNameIsNotMyNameIsNot member
    First Comment First Anniversary First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited June 2021
    It's dreary here too. We got some of the rain off the storm that was in the gulf last week Saturday, but luckily no tornadoes. It's so muggy and still now. I took the dog for a walk at about 7 this morning and sweat through my shirt because of how muggy it already was. It's supposed to rain more later, which will hopefully clear out some of the humidity. 

Weekend was nice. Saturday we got all the yardwork done before the rain started. I worked a couple of hours and then we relaxed and watched movies. Yesterday we had a soccer game and then I hosted my family for father's day last night. Now I have lots of yummy leftovers for lunch. 

I'm also stalking prime day, but I haven't found anything jumping out at me yet. Which probably means I don't need anything and I should step away, but packages are so fun!
  • short+sassyshort+sassy member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited June 2021
    @CharmedPam and @Casadena, I'm glad you were both okay, despite the nearby tornadoes!  I was also okay in the tropical storm that passed through here over the weekend.  NOLA didn't have any flooding, but other parts of the state did.

@MissKittyDanger, good luck with your exam!

I bought two things on Amazon this morning.  They were both items I was going to buy anyway, but was waiting for Prime, jic they were included.  Plus I had a $10 credit that could only be used during Prime Days.    Lo and behold, my strategy paid off!  One of them was marked down from $13 to $8.  Certainly not earth shattering, lol.  But saving 5 bucks on something I was buying anyway is saving 5 bucks.  I need a new swimsuit and maybe a new purse.  Maybe some new dresses.  So I am still keeping my eye out.

Edited to add:  For those of you who have an Amazon credit card, they are upping it from 5% to 6% back during Prime Days.

Despite my 4-day weekend starting out horrible on Thurs., the rest of the time went well.  I was able to recharge and luxuriate in my time off.  I'm taking another vacation day less than two weeks from now to turn my 4th of July into a 4-day weekend also.

My H and I also booked our hotel and flight for NYC!!!!  SO excited!  Southwest was having a 50% off sale.  And it was a legit 50% off.  We got two tickets, tax/fees included, for $311 (total).  And non-stop both ways, just for the cherry on top.

We usually stay in the Lower East Side, but went Midtown this time.  We splurged on a corner room that has almost floor to ceiling windows on the exterior walls!  Super excited about that.  Even with hotel prices lower right now, it was still a chunk of change at $330/night (including taxes/fees).  Eeek!  But then, our last trip (pre-pandemic) was a plain room with no view at around $300/night, which was about the cheapest I could find for something decent.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • ei34ei34 member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    Yikes @CharmedPam and @Casadena, glad you’re both okay
    Yay for the nyc trip @short+sassy…those flights are awesome!  The best I could get for our Disney trip was $750 each on Delta for JFK to Orlando 😖 flight prices are always higher during school breaks, just a con of being a teacher.

Weekend ended up being better than I expected.  I did finagle the kids over to my parents' house Saturday to wish my dad a happy Father’s Day.  There's just nothing like grandparent/cousin time for them, so it was really nice.  The kids made STBXH Father's Day cards at school and excitedly asked me what we were making him for breakfast yesterday.  I may as well just legally change my middle name to "Bigger Person" bc I let them decide on waffles, bacon and a fruit platter.  All before 8am when I had to go to work at my school's graduation.
    Ugh and the graduation itself- one of the student speakers went a touch rogue from her pre-approved speech which was mostly about acceptance, keeping open hearts, etc and said one sentence about it being sad that certain groups of Muslims experience ethnic cleansing  in the Israeli-Palestinian conflict.  My school has a sizable Jewish population (the student is Muslim, not in a full burka but she does wear the hijab) and a lot of the parents/guests flipped out.  Not just booing but threatening her and her family, outbursts of screaming "Is-ra-el! Is-ra-el!" so loud you couldn't hear the grads' names being called.  It was a downer on what should've been a celebratory event.  
  • Side note, my nana's apartment went for sale Friday.
    Which would have been her and my poppa's anniversary.

For sale: 1025 GRENON AVENUE UNIT#603, Ottawa, Ontario K2B8S5 - 1248247 | REALTOR.ca

Apparently she had in her will the amount to sell but realtor thinks with market and move-in ready, they'll get higher.
    It's weird.
    So living room - that corner by the window? That's where she sat.
    The giant window? I would watch for my parents to come because you could see the main road from there.
  • @banana468 I have that in our bathroom to use in the shower because I hate cleaning shower tile/grout. It works pretty well The bristles on the brushes get smushed (is that a word) pretty well but it works.

I haven't found anything on Prime Day. I told DD if she saw something she thought would be good Christmas presents for the kids to let me know. Other than I probably won't buy anything. 

I worked out with my new trainer this morning and can already tell my legs will be screaming at me tomorrow. I guess that is what I pay her for right? It was a good workout though. I think we are a good fit.

Glad y'all did ok during the storms last night. DD and her family were in their basement at 10:45 because of the tornado warning. It didn't hit their town, but as she said they are midwesterners!  The older boys were a little scared because they were dragged out of bed. The baby just slept through the entire thing. Luckily they went back to sleep easily when it was over. 

For sale: 1025 GRENON AVENUE UNIT#603, Ottawa, Ontario K2B8S5 - 1248247 | REALTOR.ca

Apparently she had in her will the amount to sell but realtor thinks with market and move-in ready, they'll get higher.
    It's weird.
    The giant window? I would watch for my parents to come because you could see the main road from there.
    That's so nice looking!  Definitely not what I picture when I think of a "grandma's" house.  No floral wallpaper at all, lol.  I wish the agent had added in a pic of the view, from that one room that has all the windows in it.  
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

It's weird.
    That's so nice looking!  Definitely not what I picture when I think of a "grandma's" house.  No floral wallpaper at all, lol.  I wish the agent had added in a pic of the view, from that one room that has all the windows in it.  
    Lmao! Furniture would have probably made it feel more "grandparent" place.
    Her walls were more of a yellow-tone before my mum's boyfriend painted them.

The view isn't the same, but it seems they used photos from another apartment for sale.
  • TW: Cancer 

Ugh. My Aunt’s biopsy came back. It’s breast cancer. This year can shove it. 

• @levioosa, I'm so sorry to hear that!  I hope she's okay, all things considered.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • @levioosa I'm so sorry to hear that.

Kind of a hot blah day here too. Trying to cast a play for my theater group but it's scheduled for July 3 and lots of people aren't available.

Just trying to get through today. Yawn.
  • @levioosa I’m so sorry to hear that. Maybe her story will be that of a breast cancer survivor?

• kvrunskvruns member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its First Answer
    @CharmedPam see if your credit card company will cover a warranty. Many will cover longer. Our TV was like 18 months old and we were able to get it fixed for free through credit card. Was a pain but worth the $
  • kvrunskvruns member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its First Answer
    Sorry to hear that @levioosa
  • My work computer decided to slowly die today, and I'm in a training class, so if it goes down I have 8 people twiddling their thumbs until I am back.  Made for a long day .... after 9 hours of training I then had to go in office, pick up my new computer, make sure it was up and running at the office, then come home and finish my work.  

Weekend was good.  I did a geotour, which was a lot of driving by a lot of fun.

@levioosa I'm sorry things are so rough for you right now.  Vacation is coming it sounds like!  Hopefully the next two weeks goes fast.

• kvruns said:
    @CharmedPam see if your credit card company will cover a warranty. Many will cover longer. Our TV was like 18 months old and we were able to get it fixed for free through credit card. Was a pain but worth the $
    Doesn’t hurt to try! I spoke with a rep @ walmart but they said becuase it was refurbished I couldn’t even go to the manufacturer!