Wedding Woes

Today IS Thursday

mrsconn23mrsconn23 member
First Anniversary First Answer 5 Love Its First Comment
edited July 2021 in Wedding Woes
After I talked about how I wasn't as into the Olympics, swimming sucked me in last night.  But I mean...Dressel is very easy on the eyes.  LOL  But now I'm tired AF today.  

DefConn is off to 5th grade!  I may post a pic later.  

It's gonna rain today and then cool off for few days.  Wahoo.  Now that school is back in session, I'm ready for fall and all the fall things. 

I deleted and rearranged apps on my phone.  I resisted for so long, and now I know why.  I can't find shit, ha.  But, it needed to be done.  My phone was desperately unorganized.

Prudie has some humdingers today.  

Re: Today IS Thursday

• Ooooh humdingers, eh? Cant wait.  This is why I don’t organize shit @mrsconn23.  Cant find anything after it.

Took the day off,and that turned out to be a good thing. I have Orkin coming out for rodent control at 2 today.  I went to throw my salad dressing bottle into my recycling bin and almost knocked out a mouse.  I was super proud for not screaming and over reacting.  I took the bin out and let the mouse free.  Waved good bye and said “byeeee see you back in the house tomorrow”. But Orkin will get it.

Already got my bloodwork done this morning.  As I’m waiting in the lobby, an older gentleman came in, maskless.  The receptionist made him put one on and he said “I haven’t worn one in 2 months”. “Oh, we’re going back to it” she said. “i hope not” he said. I’m like ….No.  She’s telling you. We ARE going back to it. 

• I'm so jealous of your cooler weather. It's supposed to be 97 and humid AF here today. It was already hot and gross when I walked the dog this am before work. I'm so over summer. Also, mosquitos. I'm counting down days to October. 

I'm looking forward to the USWNT soccer game tomorrow morning. It's at 7 am, so reasonable to catch it live. They've had a rocky start, but tomorrow is the first knock out game. 
  • I watched the women’s gymnastics AA this morning and it was amazing!! 

Work has been really tough lately. The head of my division called me to talk about my boss and I told him how awful working for him has been. So we’ll see. Hopefully I didn’t just tank my career here. 
  • We never stopped masking here in Ontario.  We're still working on vaccine rollout.  A lot of people are still anti-vax.  A bunch of them are on my social media - I'm thinking of muting a few people for a bit.

I'm finally getting caught up on work, which is lovely.  Next two weeks will be crazy busy again though, and I was planning to take some time off.  

• I went out today, and masked up. Normally I wouldn’t, but my chin is so swollen from my treatment I was like “ha! Masks work out for me right now.  No one can see my swollen chin!” 

• You don’t mess around @VarunaTT!!! 

Me, in 2004:  I should get my shit together
    2021:  well, guess it’s time to get my shit together 

• ei34ei34 member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    Brought the kids to a Mets (baseball) game earlier…our first in two years. It was fun.  Getting into packing mode again bc we leave for NH on Saturday

@charlotte989875 I’m sorry for all of the work nonsense 
  • You don’t mess around @VarunaTT!!! 

I laugh, but also, this is the first time that I've truly put a hyper focus that I can usually apply to other people, relationships, and projects, on myself.  I've been thinking about this for literally months now and finally was like, stop fucking around and do it.

If it helps, for my own brain to work this way, I've told myself, "Just imagine you as Pridefest and run the hell out of it again." 

:D
  • VarunaTT said:
    You don’t mess around @VarunaTT!!! 

I laugh, but also, this is the first time that I've truly put a hyper focus that I can usually apply to other people, relationships, and projects, on myself.  I've been thinking about this for literally months now and finally was like, stop fucking around and do it.

If it helps, for my own brain to work this way, I've told myself, "Just imagine you as Pridefest and run the hell out of it again." 

And maybe you’ll like the way (Sacremento?) Runs pridefest and get into it again!! It was the people in MO right?

• VarunaTTVarunaTT member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its First Answer
    edited July 2021
    VarunaTT said:
    You don’t mess around @VarunaTT!!! 

And maybe you’ll like the way (Sacremento?) Runs pridefest and get into it again!! It was the people in MO right?
    Partly yes.

Honestly, though, one of the things behind my move is that in this city I've always been, "Varuna + [couple name" or, "Oh you're Varuna LastName, I've heard of/about you."  I'm tired of that.  So it's going to be really nice to just be trotting around somewhere just Varuna.  I won't say never, but it'll be a long time.

Funny story:  when firefighter was here (he was bi and obviously looking for multiple hookups), I ruined his entire game b/c teh regulars were like, "Varuna's got that, leave him alone" to the few non-regulars who were trying to flirt with him.  Then, they were all (sweetly) talking me up.  I had to tell one friend, "I don't think telling someone I'm the most influential queer woman in this town in the past 20 years is the selling point you think it is for a hookup". Not gonna lie though, it was good for my ego.