Wedding Woes

Amanda Knox story people

This just came up in my podcast newsletter that might be good for y'all:

If you're interested in the ethics of true crime, I recommend Today, Explained’s “Who owns Amanda Knox?” Knox served four years in prison for a murder she did not commit. Her wrongful imprisonment isn’t unique, but her story captured the imagination of people around the world. Host Sean Rameswaram interviews Knox about Stillwater, a new movie based on her story (and created without her input). My favorite quote: “There’s a sense of kind of entitlement to sit back and do this like armchair not just detective work, but also empathy work. […] I feel a little bit like Dracula, where everyone gets to have their own spin on it.”

Re: Amanda Knox story people

• And this:

Last issue, I wrote about finding your own host/show voice. When I hear a show that hasn’t quite come into its own, it’s often repeating the wording, pacing, and narrative tropes of one of the more popular podcasts…like This American Life, for example. Well, shortly after writing that intro, I found myself listening to the TAL parodies This American Lie and This American Gibberish, which turned my annoyance into amusement. (Galen Beebe)