Wedding Woes

Monday

@short+sassy I hope everything is ok.  I'm sure we're lower on your priority list but hope you can check in soon. 

Re: Monday

• Baby slept from 9-5 last night and it was amazing.  I have an alterations appointment this morning for my BM dress and I still need to decide which one i'm altering.  I ordered 3 and will return 2 . I feel bad, but I am not looking forward to this wedding at all.  it's my best friend from college but we weren't really part of the same overall friend group.  It's a super early day, we have to wear robes, and I feel bad leaving my parents with both kids all day/night (I know they're fine with it).  I'm sure we'll have fun once we're there, but just dragging my feet on getting excited ahead of time.  

Little man is getting baptized next weekend so this week I'm chipping away at cleaning the house so I don't have to waste a whole weekend day doing everything!
  • I was just thinking of @short+sassy when I heard about how bad the hurricane is getting :\ 

I FINISHED MY COUNTERS!!
    Katie on Instagram: “Counters done. Next up let it cure and do backsplash 🙈”

I had a lot of Saturday solo. It's just nice to have some time solo - I never get it.
    M went to the football game and BK was with MIL

I did clean, but by later in the evening I was ready to just zone out. So I had a fairly large piece of edible and got high a.f lmao!
    It was good. I wasn't too high, just higher than normal.
    Benefit about edibles - no munchies lol SFIL saw a photo of me laughing that I sent M {it was funny} and SFIL was like "do you have food for munchies?" Apparently it was very noticeable I was high lol

Just enjoy Penny being cute.
    Katie on Instagram: “Penny and her cute peets”

And BK with a bow clip. She's point at M behind her
    Katie on Instagram: “🎀”
  • @Casadena Is the sleeping getting more constant? Fx for that! I remember first time BK slept 1am - 9am and I felt so good.
  • Thinking of @short+sassy.  Based on what I was seeing I hope she left town.

It's Chiquito's birthday and the kids are off to school.  I have a cake I need to frost and gifts that need to be wrapped.  He woke up to see that he had Robux burning a hole in his account which was just what he wanted. 

• Have also been thinking of @short+sassy this weekend.

We had over 6" of rain between Thursday night and Sunday morning.  Fortunately, the new house is watertight.  Ran errands Saturday.  Walmart & Sam's were crazy as school starts here today.  Everyone stocking up on school supplies and after-school snacks.  Sunday, I had a pre-procedure Covid test.  This one was much better than the one I had last year.  That one was the long swab and this one was a shorter one and swirled in each side.  (I'm negative and will have some oral surgery on Tuesday.)  Then church and out to lunch.  Spent the rest of the day hanging out at home and doing laundry.

Hair cut tonight, oral surgery tomorrow and otherwise same old stuff.  Our 15th anniversary is Thursday and we'll celebrate Saturday with a dinner cruise on the river.

Happy Baptism Little Man @Casadena!
  • Worried about @short+sassy. In the Friday chat, it didn't sound like anyone was even really thinking about vaccination. It's scary how fast those storms change from NBD to Cat 4. I hope she's evacuated and chilling at an inland Harrahs. 

I started back on C2 5K this morning. Ouch I'm old. 
  • @CharmedPam Honestly, for the longest time she looked like M - I said that I probably wouldn't see her looking like me until closer to 3yrs old because I was chunky. I can't wait to get her preK photos and compare to mine :)
    Also I love the countertops too! I'm so proud of myself for doing it ... next step is backsplash lol Plain white - maybe the darker squares will be grey BUT we'll see.

• @climbingsingle ummm they still make you go in with no a/c?  That wouldn’t fly here.

It's ridiculous, isn't it? Apparently is was working on and off all last week, and they just brought in fans and let people wear shorts. 

• @climbingsingle ummm they still make you go in with no a/c?  That wouldn’t fly here.

It's ridiculous, isn't it? Apparently is was working on and off all last week, and they just brought in fans and let people wear shorts. 
    It’s like 60 in here and I had to put on a sweater.  Thinking pants would have been a good idea.  I’ll give you 10 degrees of our air and we both can have that happy medium we deserve. 

• Not sure when I checked in last. Spent last week moving - was supposed to be organizing/unpacking but I ended up having way more stuff stashed in closets, under bed, etc and it took every day of carloads to make it. House is a disaster, B is a disaster, I'm a disaster.  Good times. 

On the bright side my parents are super close so I took him there a bit Sat and Sun to try to get a little done. Trying to get my kitchen unpacked so I know what I have and what I need. 

My mom made a comment about how many Amazon packages I've had arriving recently and I'm like ummm hello I have to buy a whole house of stuff, I dont have a choice but to have had to buy a ton of stuff.  I've bought like 2 "fun" decoration items and everything else is stuff I genuinely need. I know she means well and they've helped a ton so trying not to get annoyed. 
  • @kvruns glad you're getting settled. You mom may not really have considered you're now basically "rebuying" everything :\ Still not a comment to say though.
    How is B sleeping at new place? I know I get weirded out with new places for a bit
  • Ugh @kvruns my mom does that kind of thing and it’s so hard. She helps out so much and she means well but sometimes the little comments really get to me. How’s B doing? Besides the disaster I really hope you’re doing okay! 
  • I saw through my mom group that a lot of NOLA has no power and no idea when it'll be restored :\ 
    Hopefully @short+sassy  is safe and evacuated 
  • that woods pic is so cute of baby M!!!

B is doing OK, sleeping like crap but that's normal though this is worse.  He'd been in a pattern of waking up between 530-620am or so. So far it's been 330 and 4:50am.  Save me
  • I'm trying to get updates from clients in Baton Rouge and New Orleans.  I'm inclined to think I won't hear anything until tomorrow at the earliest.  Freight companies announced embargos in shipments because they know the transit to those areas is just awful now. 
  • Something is exciting to him @charlotte989875.  What a cute picture!!

• Thinking of @short+sassy!!! I have a couple friends in NOLA and I've heard from some.  I hope they're all OK and dry. 

Weekend was OK.  Friday, my friend L came for dinner.  We had a good time.  

Saturday, we went boating.  It was OK,  until DH and FIL got in a fight.  My dad was out with us.  SO...yeah.  My dad stayed for dinner.  Dad was also very sweet to DH and understanding, but also challenged him a little bit on his reaction to his dad.  

Sunday, DH and DefConn went to a scouting thing yesterday.  I stayed home to do laundry and weekly shopping.  Plus it was hot af out and I don't like to hike.  

We finished season 1 of Succession this weekend and I finished season 1 of Ted Lasso.  I'm in love with both those shows for very different reasons.  LOL 

Cute, happy baby @charlotte989875.  Want.to.squeeze.  
    He was very happy that the dog was running through the trees. 

• Hope the first day goes well @ei34!!
    He was very happy that the dog was running through the trees. 
    BK would also be the same - like "yay dog running!" lol
  • @MissKittyDanger Those counters look amazing!  The hard work was worth it!

Thinking about @short+sassy as well today.  It's been pretty scary from the videos!