Wedding Woes

Fri-yay!

I can’t get motivated today. I have a busy afternoon so I’m dragging this morning. I also ate half my lunch at 10:30. 

What’s on deck for this weekend? I’m going to the Bills game on Sunday and H is tearing out our bathroom wall to try and get rid of the carpenter ants so that should be enough excitement. 

Re: Fri-yay!

• Yikes about the carpenter ants, @charlotte989875!  I hope tearing out the wall helps.  Those can be nasty.

Quiet weekend, working around the house, cleaning, having hubby's birthday party.  We're going to vote tonight as well - our election isn't until the 20th, but we like to do early voting.  Less people around, people seem less stressed and irate, the volunteers aren't burned out yet ...One of the candidates in our area dropped out after the election started, so it's been really weird this year.  People already voted for him too with mail-in voting, so it sucks for them that their votes don't matter.  

• I am 2.5 hours into a 3.5 hour road trip to my sister's wedding. DH is driving, I hate his driving, so I am in the backseat with DS so I can distract myself easier. Our friend is with us so DH isn't alone in the front, lol.

@CharmedPam my answer is craft/ quilting supplies. I would rather buy better quality than deal with dyes running or a lot of shrinkage.

• CharmedPamCharmedPam member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited September 2021
    I am 2.5 hours into a 3.5 hour road trip to my sister's wedding. DH is driving, I hate his driving, so I am in the backseat with DS so I can distract myself easier. Our friend is with us so DH isn't alone in the front, lol.

@CharmedPam my answer is craft/ quilting supplies. I would rather buy better quality than deal with dyes running or a lot of shrinkage.

That’s a good one and makes sense.  Most people said “food”.
    nu uh.  Give me a rubbery dry peice of chicken if it means I’ll save $5.  But yeah I’ll spend $60 on an exfoliant.  🙄 
    Edit:  Have fun at the wedding!

• short+sassyshort+sassy member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited September 2021
    @charlotte989875. have fun at the Bills game!  Exciting to be back in the regular season.

@CharmedPam, you need to be my social director.  Your events last night and tonight both sound so great!  My answer would be food and beverages.

It has been another overwhelmingly busy day at work.  I'm almost done, but then I'm going straight to my Costco scan gig.  My H is already there and has started.  Doubtful we will finish today because they have limited hours right now and close at 5PM, so we will be finishing tomorrow.  I think/hope tomorrow won't be that much left.  Maybe a couple hours.  Then unwind and relax for the rest of Sat. and all day Sun.  Plus, our Internet/cable came back on yesterday!  So I'm going to enjoy spending quality time with "them", lol.

I have just been exhausted this week!  Last week, I was like a flailing fish out of water who had all the time in the world, but couldn't do anything.  So this week, I've had to play major catch-up both at work and personally, plus there's been a lot more to do on the personal side.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I do not have my shit together today. I'm trying to get some work knocked out before a few days off, but it's not going well. I have not even started packing for the beach, and we're leaving tomorrow. It wouldn't be so bad except that we have a game tonight, so we have to rush to leave the house right after work and won't be back until after 10. I also haven't even showered yet, so should be doing that now rather than taking a break to come here, but this is how we do it when our shit is not together. 
  • my mom stopped by for a quick visit. I was sitting on the couch and my laptop was open on the coffee table.  She's like so is that what you do, you sit and wait for things to come in? I was like ummm what exactly did you think I did in my office job?  Sure I have things I can be doing at certain times, but generally yes if I want to sit and chat to you for 30 min I can.  If I couldn't then I would have said no you can't come over!
  • ei34 said:
    Sorry for the hectic day @short+sassy @CharmedPam that sounds really fun!

My weekend is all September 11th stuff.  Not to sound morbid but I'm actually glad it's a weekend so I can actually attend the one memorial mass and two memorials I haven't been able to attend since the last time it was a weekend.  Really a shame that it's not a national (or at least local) holiday.  

Chiquita has been learning about it in school this year.  We have been telling her about it and it's impact and I try to figure out how much information to give without completely overwhelming her since DH and I were seniors in college at the time.  Hugs to you @ei34.    

• Thinking of you @ei34 and all our Knotties for whom today is especially tough. 
  • Jen4948Jen4948 member
    First Anniversary First Answer First Comment 5 Love Its
    edited September 2021
    Several days of busy.

On Labor Day I was actually working for a few hours because I'm about to start a new job so I was meeting with my bosses to deal with some things outside of normal business hours.

Then Tuesday and Wednesday were Rosh Hashanah.

Thursday was my birthday. It was also the day my parents were supposed to receive the new refrigerator they ordered and have their existing one removed. The delivery people showed up with the new refrigerator (bought from Best Buy) but had the nerve to state that they didn't have time to remove the old one!!!!! Makes no sense, and I'm told that my dad filled the air with noise pollution. He posted about it on Facebook too. Called it a clusterf*ck. (Yes, he used that word. He's not shy about profanity and has a short fuse.) I'm glad I wasn't around him that day.

I spent the day on my own, having arranged for a personal PTO day. Went to the beach. It was nice and sunny that day, but Tropical Storm Nicholas is now heading towards Houston.  :'( Just what we need (not). Imelda (2019), Harvey (2017), Rita (2005), Ike (2008), Allison (1989), Alicia (1983) and Carla (1961) were more than enough.

Then back to work for Friday and a quiet Saturday (September 11-I lived in NYC in 2001 and still remember it. :'( I will never forget the smell-I had to go to Lower Manhattan a few days later) and this morning. Now I have to stock up on groceries and gas. Sigh. 

I hope everyone else is doing okay.
  • @Jen4948, congrats about the new, upcoming job and Happy (belated) Birthday!  Good luck with TS Nicholas.  Hopefully it is a minor event for you all.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • @Jen4948, congrats about the new, upcoming job and Happy (belated) Birthday!  Good luck with TS Nicholas.  Hopefully it is a minor event for you all.
    Thanks! TS Nicholas knocked out power in several places but doesn't seem to have done much other damage. The power is being restored where it was knocked out.