Wedding Woes

Happy Fall, ya's guys

I know it's "happy fall y'all", but we don't say y'all here.  It's ya's (pronounced yuz)...though it's really only said, not typed, so not sure about the spelling.  Lol.  But happy first day (at 3:40) of I think a lot of us' favorite season, weather-wise.  Kind of SSDD here- wishing everyone a good day!

Re: Happy Fall, ya's guys

• Good morning!  It is a chilly 45 degrees this morning and boy, would I have liked to sleep in a bit longer.

We went to dinner with friends from out of town last night and then they came over to see the house. It was a nice night but I couldn't fall asleep until really late so I'm dragging my tail this morning. 

Busy day at work and I teach middle schoolers tonight at church.  Friday we are both working but going out of town for the weekend afterward.  Going to visit friends and attend a 75th anniversary celebration at the non-profit where I used to work.  We'll travel home on Monday.

• I'll be on a coffee bender the rest of the week.  Starbucks today, a free birthday drink at DD tomorrow, free birthday drink at Starbucks Friday and then redeem my free one I'll earn from today on Sat or Sun. Woohooo

Turned cold here today but it is also raining all day. Put B in some pants today and they're total highwaters. Beginning of the season is always bad because the old size fits but length can be an issue; but then the next size up is almost always way too long for him so it's always a bit of a dance when it's first cold
  • BK is home today. Pretty sure it's allergies, but she sounds awful and seems to feel miserable.
    We tried allergy meds last night but we're going to have to go the ye olde mix with drink method - she spat allergy meds out and we're not sure what she ingested.
    M is home with her. I pulled out some sweat pants for her to have cozy time.

Her snot is clear and she keeps itching her nose - which makes us think allergies - but I've gotta get proper testing done so we know for sure.

We gave her a bath last night and she seemed to perk up a bit. I may pull her humidifier out tonight if she's still nasally.

Does anyone use essential oils? BK's skin is sensitive so I don't wanna buy scented bath stuff, but would essential oils affect her skin too? I was thinking a few drops of eucalyptus in the bath to help her breath a bit with the heat. {any of the brands her skin is good with don't have a minty scent that I can just grab at the store}
  • Essential oils can help but many need to be dissolved so the full strength doesn't go on skin.   
  • banana468 said:
    Essential oils can help but many need to be dissolved so the full strength doesn't go on skin.   
    Bare with me, how would I do it? I've heard of using in bath but never have done it
    Would it be like bubble bath - couple drops by the faucet?
  • Whoo! Got BK allergist appt on Nov 8th!
    And that's with her allergist, so they're retesting sesame to see how she is.
  • banana468 said:
    Essential oils can help but many need to be dissolved so the full strength doesn't go on skin.   
    Bare with me, how would I do it? I've heard of using in bath but never have done it
    I'd personally avoid anything in the bath for a kiddo until you see how she reacts to an oil on the skin.  Most recommendations are to mix an oil with a carrier like grapeseed or jojoba.  I'd look up the oil itself you're thinking of using first so you can just get a high level view of how others use it.  

• BK is home today. Pretty sure it's allergies, but she sounds awful and seems to feel miserable.
    We tried allergy meds last night but we're going to have to go the ye olde mix with drink method - she spat allergy meds out and we're not sure what she ingested.

Her snot is clear and she keeps itching her nose - which makes us think allergies - but I've gotta get proper testing done so we know for sure.

We gave her a bath last night and she seemed to perk up a bit. I may pull her humidifier out tonight if she's still nasally.

Does anyone use essential oils? BK's skin is sensitive so I don't wanna buy scented bath stuff, but would essential oils affect her skin too? I was thinking a few drops of eucalyptus in the bath to help her breath a bit with the heat. {any of the brands her skin is good with don't have a minty scent that I can just grab at the store}
    So she has Covid symptoms. Which to me says get her tested for Covid. Now. Not just allergies in November. 
  • Whoo! Got BK allergist appt on Nov 8th!
    Wait you mean you're not testing her for Covid?  Does your area have drive thru testing?  It took a few days for me to get a PCR appointment two weeks ago but was able to drive to CVS and get the test done in my car.  I had cold symptoms and I'm vaccinated but needed to know that I was at most at risk of spreading a cold in my home and not Covid.  Plus had it been Covid my kids would have had to be pulled out of school even though they had no symptoms.  
  • edited September 2021
    BK is home today. Pretty sure it's allergies, but she sounds awful and seems to feel miserable.

So she has Covid symptoms. Which to me says get her tested for Covid. Now. Not just allergies in November. 
    They won't test for that anymore.
    This is literally the site saying for testing on kids {otherwise they won't test}
    • Fever (temperature 37.8 C/100 F or higher) 

• Chills 

• Cough (more than usual if chronic cough) including croup (barking cough, making a whistling noise when breathing) not related to other known causes or conditions (for example, asthma, reactive airway) 

• Shortness of breath (dyspnea, out of breath, unable to breathe deeply, wheeze, that is worse than usual if chronically short of breath) not related to other known causes or conditions (for example, asthma) 

• Decrease or loss of smell or taste (new olfactory or taste disorder) not related to other knows causes or conditions (for example, nasal polyps, allergies, neurological disorders) 

• Nausea, vomiting and/or diarrhea, not related to other known causes or conditions

Also there's high molds and pollen right now here. My allergies are ridiculous.
    If her symptoms go away with allergy meds, she is ok to go to school. If they don't, she stays home.
    If she gets one of the above symptoms then we can test.
  • banana468 said:
    banana468 said:
    I'd personally avoid anything in the bath for a kiddo until you see how she reacts to an oil on the skin.  Most recommendations are to mix an oil with a carrier like grapeseed or jojoba.  I'd look up the oil itself you're thinking of using first so you can just get a high level view of how others use it.  
    I was looking at just a eucalyptus oil right now. Maybe I'll just run dehumifyer in bathroom while she's in there

This is literally the site saying for testing on kids {otherwise they won't test}

• Chills 

• Cough (more than usual if chronic cough) including croup (barking cough, making a whistling noise when breathing) not related to other known causes or conditions (for example, asthma, reactive airway) 

• Shortness of breath (dyspnea, out of breath, unable to breathe deeply, wheeze, that is worse than usual if chronically short of breath) not related to other known causes or conditions (for example, asthma) 

• Decrease or loss of smell or taste (new olfactory or taste disorder) not related to other knows causes or conditions (for example, nasal polyps, allergies, neurological disorders) 

• Nausea, vomiting and/or diarrhea, not related to other known causes or conditions

If her symptoms go away with allergy meds, she is ok to go to school. If they don't, she stays home.
    What??! They won't test if she's a known exposure or if she was in a space where she couldn't socially distance?  I was able to get myself and my kids tested twice because we were in places where distancing wasn't possible and we needed to rule it out.  

I just looked up a Canadian health services site and they say this:

https://sunnybrook.ca/content/?page=covid-19-assessment-centre-children-faq

If your child has any ONE of the following symptoms, they should get a COVID-19 test:

• fever or chills (temp of 37.8 or greater)
    • cough (more than usual)
    • difficulty breathing
    • decrease or loss of smell or taste
    • runny nose or stuffy nose
    • sore throat or difficulty swallowing
    • nausea, vomiting or diarrhea
    • headache
    • unusual or extreme tiredness or muscle aches
  • banana468 said:
    Whoo! Got BK allergist appt on Nov 8th!
    Wait you mean you're not testing her for Covid?  Does your area have drive thru testing?  It took a few days for me to get a PCR appointment two weeks ago but was able to drive to CVS and get the test done in my car.  I had cold symptoms and I'm vaccinated but needed to know that I was at most at risk of spreading a cold in my home and not Covid.  Plus had it been Covid my kids would have had to be pulled out of school even though they had no symptoms.  
    Her symptoms alone won't qualify for a test {see above}

If she gets a fever, then she would qualify for a test and out of everything that's only thing that could potentially come up and we've been checking her almost hourly
  • CharmedPamCharmedPam member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited September 2021
    @short+sassy your trip sounds amazing and I’m glad you got to do all you wanted. Drunk Shakesphere sounds awesome. 
    @ILoveBeachMusic yuck to the higher prices.  I’m still waiting on some numbers for some doors I want installed and hope lumber has gone down enough where I can pull that trigger too

Good American has a good sale going on.  25% off regular and 50% off already clearance jeans.  I actually needed some crops and picked up 2 pair at a good price. 
    Yesterday I went to a music bingo meet-up and actually won the grand prize (full card) which was $25 to the restaurant.  Good restaurant too!

yeeeeeees to fall. Give me all the fall things. I like this time of year because it’s now jeans BUT still strappy sandals for a bit. No sweaters yet.

• Not ready for fall - obviously I'm in the minority. I like wearing sandals and summer dresses. We are headed to Chicago in a little bit. It will be raining the whole way up there - yuck. Luckily H is driving because I hate driving in the rain.

We met with our builder and the cost is going to be a lot more than expected but we are doing it anyway. We should have pulled the trigger the first time we contacted him (just before the pandemic started) but the stock market was off and no one knew what was happening. Now we supplies being more expensive and trying to get subs to work it is just costing more. Oh well I know we will love it when it is done. 

My neck/shoulders are much better so I slept well last night so there is that.
    The cost of EVERYTHING is more expensive now.  My company has experienced raw material price increases that are nothing like we've ever seen before and I've been in the business for just about two decades.  

• I have had five different rando's contact me (text messages) over just the last week about "buying my house".  I normally get inquiries like that 2-3x/month.  Which is annoying enough because if I don't actively have my house for sale then don't harass me with your illegal and unwanted contact.

But it really rubbed me the wrong way this time.  One, because it was so many at once.  But mainly because we obviously just had Cat. 3 hurricane go through town a few weeks ago, so I can only assume that is what caused the sudden uptick.  Which makes it extra gross and "vulture-y".
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • banana468 said:
    BK is home today. Pretty sure it's allergies, but she sounds awful and seems to feel miserable.

• Chills 

What??! They won't test if she's a known exposure or if she was in a space where she couldn't socially distance?  I was able to get myself and my kids tested twice because we were in places where distancing wasn't possible and we needed to rule it out.  

I just looked up a Canadian health services site and they say this:

https://sunnybrook.ca/content/?page=covid-19-assessment-centre-children-faq

If your child has any ONE of the following symptoms, they should get a COVID-19 test:

• fever or chills (temp of 37.8 or greater)
    • cough (more than usual)
    • difficulty breathing
    • decrease or loss of smell or taste
    • runny nose or stuffy nose
    • sore throat or difficulty swallowing
    • nausea, vomiting or diarrhea
    • headache
    • unusual or extreme tiredness or muscle aches
    They took runny nose out here. What I posted above, it Ottawa Public Health {aka what we have to go by}
    I also called - runny nose alone they said stay home, and monitor symptoms but unless she gets a 2nd they won't test.
  • Happy Fall, Y'all, from the weirdo who actually says y'all! It's actually kind of fall here. It's been raining for about 10 days, but is supposed to finally clear up this afternoon to 70s in the days and 50s overnight. Perfect fall weather for me. 

@ILoveBeachMusic, you'll be so glad! Ours is about 2/3 complete now, and while I'm ready to not have the noise, dust and distraction, I'm so excited to see it starting to come together! 

In today's FWP news, I need to complain about online scheduling (or lack thereof) at doctor's offices. I get that not everyone is tech savvy or has funds, but can someone explain to me why my obgyn has a website with online scheduling, you go through the whole thing and choose an appointment time, and then you get a message back saying to call the office. If I wanted to call the office, I would have done that in the first place! 
  • Happy birthday or almost-birthday @kvruns, if you're getting all those bday drinks I have to assume :) 
  • @short+sassy your trip sounds amazing and I’m glad you got to do all you wanted. Drunk Shakesphere sounds awesome. 
    @ILoveBeachMusic yuck to the higher prices.  I’m still waiting on some numbers for some doors I want installed and hope lumber has gone down enough where I can pull that trigger too

Good American has a good sale going on.  25% off regular and 50% off already clearance jeans.  I actually needed some crops and picked up 2 pair at a good price. 
    Yesterday I went to a music bingo meet-up and actually won the grand prize (full card) which was $25 to the restaurant.  Good restaurant too!

yeeeeeees to fall. Give me all the fall things. I like this time of year because it’s now jeans BUT still strappy sandals for a bit. No sweaters yet.
    I just heard about "Good American" brand from you and now I'm reading an article and it's founded by Khloe Kardashian apparently
  • Is anyone having an issue with the boards? I can only get it work on my phone and not on my laptop. So weird. 
  • Is anyone having an issue with the boards? I can only get it work on my phone and not on my laptop. So weird. 
    Yep, I’m having the same issue. 
  • It seems to be back up and running.