Wedding Woes

A very Monday, Monday

So I wrote a Monday post and was trying to fix a typo but accidently deleted it instead. If that isn’t a Monday kind of move, lol.

I had a pretty good weekend. We had swim lessons, school carnival fundraiser, and want shopping for a new truck. My mom has shingles so we didn’t see them, hoping she is better for thanksgiving!

Mini rant: We don’t have a fenced in yard and let our dog out on a rope/stake in our yard. Last night I heard screaming and barking at 10pm after letting my dog out. Ran outside to find the neighbors dog in our yard and their teenage son yelling dragging it back inside. Thank goodness they don’t seem to be aggressive. This has happened a few time now (the other time during the day, I am beyond annoyed and can not wait until we get a fence in the spring.

Re: A very Monday, Monday

• Omg, that's terrible! I have no patience for people who hit animals. Can you try to talk to the adults or is there anyone to report the roaming dog to? 

I had a pretty good weekend. I took Friday off because I have a couple of use it or lose it vacation days that I need to burn before the end of the year. So I just went shopping and ran errands. Saturday we looked at cars. I know what I want, but who knows if any of the dealerships will ever have it in stock. Luckily I'm in no rush. Yesterday was my niece's birthday party. Somehow she's already 5. 

My rant today is about H's family. The dynamic on his mom's side is a little strange regardless. They tend to center everything around his sister, and he's just expected to go along with whatever. Anyway, he has a milestone birthday coming up and I want to do something for it, but I wanted his family to be part of it. They're basically acting uninterested. I just wish for once that they would make a big deal about something for H. I'll just plan something and not worry about them, but I know he'd be more excited if they were involved. 
  • Jstump2Jstump2 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment Name Dropper
    edited November 2021
    MyNameIsNot We plan on talking to the parents but they are the ones who have let the dog out when it came over before, In the commotion of getting the dogs apart and inside they said nothing to us so I am not feeling hopeful. We will try that route first though.
  • Whew.  Last week was painful.  I was in training all day, every day, Monday through Thursday.  Friday, I was just exhausted and my stomach was so upset, that I didn't come in.  

I'm just drawing boundaries all over the place at work.  I think my straight-to-the-point, "this is how it is" emails are scaring people?  I keep getting, "My apologies, here this is done."  I don't want to seem like a scary, unapproachable person; also I'm tired of chasing people down to do their jobs, so that I can do my job.  And by other people, I mean both people I'm in charge of AND people that are supposed to be over me.  I'm exhausted by superiors asking why something isn't finished and me having to be passive aggressive with "Per my last email".  I'm more inclined, right now, to say, "B/c you didn't do your goddamn job."

Otherwise, SSDD.  Just trying to get caught up.
  • Weekend was not busy but went well.  Both kiddos received their first Pfizer shot.  Thus far they have mildly sore arms and are OK.  Chiquita's quarantine from activities is over (she could go to school) so she gets to go to her after school club and religious class tomorrow, horseback riding Wed and soccer Fri.  

I spent the weekend doing cleaning and laundry.  After spying moth larvae and holes in some cashmere and merino wool sweaters I spent the previous week washing and using Dryel on all my sweaters that were made of any kind of natural fiber.  Those that got washed took days to dry and by Saturday I was needing to get the family caught up on sheets and clothing.    

We did wash Red Notice over the weekend which was an enjoyable date night movie and last night we watched the YouTube clips from SNL including Taylor Swift's 10 min version of All Too Well.  It was really good!  

Now I'm going to keep crossing my fingers that there are no more quarantines and that the kids stay healthy as we head into holiday / birthday season. 
  • @Jstump2, at first, I misread your (first) post and thought you were going to buy a track, instead of a truck.  I was thinking, "Wow, that is some serious running if you all are going to buy a track for yourselves."  Truck makes a lot more sense, lol.  That poor neighbor's dog!

I woke up in the middle of the night, last night in horrible pain.  My lower back hurt and I had deep stomach cramps.  I can't imagine what caused all that because I didn't eat anything that could have been "bad".  I even got feverish from the pain, though that went away shortly after my pain stopped.  It was so weird!  It was some of the worst pain I've ever felt and I don't know what caused it.  But then it stopped after about an hour and I felt fine.  Except that was 90 minutes of my sleep interrupted, so now I am exhausted today.  I'm planning to take half of a sick day for the afternoon and go home early.

The rest of the weekend was great.  On Friday, the woman I spoke to at the Landlord Assistance event was very nice and helpful.  She told me there are $30 million dollars available for this assistance, which sure isn't much!  But because it is new and not many people know about it yet, they've only gotten in about 600 applications so far.  I'm hoping it is "first come, first served", lol.  I'm sure that is one factor, but it might not be the only one.  Fingers crossed!

For another bonus point for her, the only document I was missing was my Articles of Incorporation (because their website didn't mention I needed it, eyeroll).  She wrote her name and e-mail address down on a post-it note...I joked the city should buy her business cards...but I accidentally left that at home today.  She sent me an e-mail a little while ago as a friendly reminder that she still needs my Articles to process the application.  Bingo!  I immediately replied back and attached them.  Checked off my list.   
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • We had a minor tornado and a major hail storm on Saturday- the kids and I had just gotten in the car for a grandparents/cousins visit so we rode it out there.  Whew.  Weekend was otherwise nice- a good mix of errands and getting things done with a touch of down time. Made a huge pot of meatballs and sausage and now my freezer is officially stocked with Sunday meals, between that and bags of beef stew and chili. No more room for dinners. Back to the grind today but the countdown to a four day weekend next week for Thanksgiving is on.

Congrats on the W yesterday @charlotte989875...I was expecting the outcome but it was still worse than I was ready for, lol.  
  • Good vibes for pup’s surgery tomorrow @climbingsingle

Weekend was a mixed bag. It started off nice. I made brunch on Saturday and we worked on house things. Unfortunately FI and I got into a dumb argument Saturday night and my feelings are still a little hurt. Sunday we tried for a do-over date day. I spent of a lot of the day cooking (I was in the mood to make a lot of stuff), laundry, and we finished Derry Girls. I’m glad we still have good leftovers for dinner tonight. I’m hiking after work and otherwise it’s SSDD. 

• @ei34 it was SUPER dark here too.  One FB friend posted that she ran into her basement with her 3 mo and came out when the storm was over to see SO MUCH damage it had to be a small tornado.  There was one in her town so it's likely.  

We were unscathed from tornado damage but it was a scary storm!
  • CharmedPamCharmedPam member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited November 2021
    @banana468 and @ei34 glad nothing bad happened during the tornados. 
    @climbingsingle your Fri night sounds fun.  I need friends that like doing that. 
    @Jstump2 shaking my fist at those neighbors 
    @VarunaTT glad your hectic week is over?

Saturday was a nice facial and hair appt.  got my extensions back in and love them! ‘Cept one fell out already so I have to go back at noon for it.
    Then on Sunday I went to a baby shower for my friend.  We’re a group of 5, and 2 in my group are pregnant.  The shower was for a date of 1/14/22 and my other friend is 3/13/22.  We were sitting at the table waiting and waiting and waiting and the host, her sister, stood up to thank everyone.  But said that my friend would not be coming today, she’s in the hospital - but still wanted people to attend and have fun and enjoy the day. Oh, and she had the baby yesterday via emergency c-section. She had pre-eclampsia, and had to deliver at 30 weeks.  2 months early!! Baby and her are doing ok, and she was actually being passed around by the ipad to talk to everyone.  Baby is in the NICU of course, but should be ok. We were ALL stunned. And my other friend, due in March was (rightfully so) terrified!

• @climbingsingle, good vibes for your puppers tomorrow!

@CharmedPam, All the Ts and Ps for your friend and her baby.  I'm glad they are doing okay.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I'm tired af today.  DH is really having a tough time with his hours and schedule.  There's also a lot of fuckery that he's dealing with.  His boss is supportive and understanding, but it's not enough.  He may start casually looking again to see what is out there.  He had lunch with former co-workers on Friday and got some intel on his old company that has him contemplating reaching out to his old boss.  

But because DH is on the struggle bus, I'm on it too.  The past 2 Sundays he's been a hot mess when DefConn's bedtime rolls around.  This is causing a lot of Sunday night tension because I really just want Succession to provide the tension and dramatics.  LOL 

I was wide awake from 3a-5a and fell back asleep just long enough to be extra exhausted.  I just had therapy, thankfully.  

The weekend was all right.  We had a fire Saturday and Sunday.  We tried to watch Dune, but DH fell asleep.  He woke up and then we tried to watch SNL and I fell asleep.  Yesterday was football most the day and we watched part of the Adele show.  
  • @short+sassy could the pain be a kidney infection?

I am glad to report that DS has done exceptionally with the loss of his dummy. We are on night four and he didn't even ask for it tonight.

I am not having a great day because our fridge is not cooling properly and I think pregnancy hormones are making me extra upset about it. We put everything in a cooler last night and defrosted it, no improvement. I had a guy come out and he replaced the fan, but that doesn't seem to be it either. So he will have to come back tomorrow and FX fix it for real.
  • @short+sassy could the pain be a kidney infection?

I am glad to report that DS has done exceptionally with the loss of his dummy. We are on night four and he didn't even ask for it tonight.

I am not having a great day because our fridge is not cooling properly and I think pregnancy hormones are making me extra upset about it. We put everything in a cooler last night and defrosted it, no improvement. I had a guy come out and he replaced the fan, but that doesn't seem to be it either. So he will have to come back tomorrow and FX fix it for real.
    Thanks for the suggestion.  I just looked up the symptoms and I didn't have many of them, so I don't think it's that.  I also looked up where pain happens if something is wrong with kidneys.  Lower back is one area, but the main pain I was experiencing was in the front of my body and more like a menstrual cramp, but 10x worse.  I'm also not having my period right now, so it isn't that.

I just hate not knowing "why".  Because I'm a bit of a hypochondriac so, when unusual things happen, I immediately jump to, "This might be the first sign of something really serious.  Or I'm dying of a rare disease that only Dr. House could find.  Except he isn't real."  Lol.

I actually have an appointment with my endocrinologist in a few weeks.  I'll try to remember to mention this incident to him.  I already need to talk about the the nerve problems in my right leg have gotten worse.  Neuropathy is a common complication of diabetes, but it doesn't usually present in the way it is for me, so I'm not sure if it is diabetes-related or not. For example, it usually starts in the toes/feet first.  But my issue is only on the exterior/mid of my right thigh.  My toes/feet are fine.  

When I mentioned it to him before, he said sometimes that nerve can get inflamed, but it isn't neuropathy or a big deal.  But that area almost always feel a bit numb and it's been like that for a couple years.  Recently, sharp and electrifying pain joined the party.  It's brief and only happens once in awhile, but it's concerning.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • @short+sassy your pain sounds a lot like when I had kidney stones. I was pregnant and thought I was in labor. The pain can come and go and it was some of the most intense pain I ever felt. Mine was more at the front, it was crazy how much it felt like labor pain/cramping.
  • Thanks @ei34- I thought of you yesterday, it was a rough one for you guys. 

Baby M hates naps now. He’s had a really rough few days of napping. We know we should sleep train him for naps but we just don’t have a great environment until my mom is more settled in her new apartment. So everyone is tired today. 
  • @short+sassy it also sounds like my gallbladder attacks.  It was very similar to my period cramps, but so much worse.  I know that kidney stones and gallbladder can have very similar symptoms too.  Nothing helped with the gallbladder stuff until whatever was setting it off had passed through my digestive systems.
  • @Jstump2 and @VarunaTT, thanks for your all's input!

I Googled the symptoms for both of those conditions.  They both seem like possibilities, especially a gallbladder attack.  There were a few things that didn't match but, overall, it was very similar to my experience.  I hope it was just a one-time thing but, time will tell.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Weekend was okay.  I wasn't feeling well on Saturday (just PMS) and got into a stupid fight with hubby that I apologized for like mid fight.  It was sort of a I'm-screaming-at-you-oh-wait-you're-right-dammit.  Then Sunday was nice and I cleaned the house and walked the dog in the snowstorm that we had.  

Today at work was just insane, but we got through.  I hope that rest of the week gets better from here.

I'm bidding on a silent auction item, and the auction ends tonight.  I hope I get it!

@climbingsingle I hope that the surgery goes well and that puppy recovers quickly.  

• @kerbohl, if you don't mind sharing, what are you bidding on in the silent auction?  And good luck!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • @Jstump2 and @VarunaTT, thanks for your all's input!

I Googled the symptoms for both of those conditions.  They both seem like possibilities, especially a gallbladder attack.  There were a few things that didn't match but, overall, it was very similar to my experience.  I hope it was just a one-time thing but, time will tell.
    I was always set off by fatty/greasy foods.  I don't eat those very often, so it was hard to pinpoint the cause for me.  The food that took me down (literally, I slept on the bathroom floor) was movie theatre popcorn with the butter on it.  TMI: I had very stinky diarrhea, massive cramps, and vomit.  I hesitate to mention the BM, but I told my doctor that and she nodded and said she was getting ready to ask, b/c it's a common symptom.  Basically your gallbladder is trying to work, can't and so your body is sending out the fat itself.  It will actually float on top of the toilet bowl water, so you can see it, even when you're not having an actual attack, b/c your body just doesn't have any other method of getting it out.
  • Greasy fatty foods and super spicy were the triggers for my aunt as well.  

For my dad he remembered the bouts after his fried fisherman's platter.  He thinks he had attacks for 10 years that went undiagnosed. 
  • @VarunaTT and @banana468, I read online that fatty foods and overeating can be triggers.  Sometimes dairy.

I didn't have any fatty foods the night it happened.  But I was overly full and had a bowl of cereal with fat-free milk as a "dessert".

I know that isn't most people's definition of dessert, lol.  But it is for me because milk has a slightly sweet taste from the lactose and most cereal...even if they aren't sugary cereals...have a slightly sweet taste. I also add a packet of Splenda to plainer cereals, like Cheerios or corn flakes.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • @kerbohl, if you don't mind sharing, what are you bidding on in the silent auction?  And good luck!
    A hotel stay for one night at the hotel where my husband and I spent the night after our wedding.  But I didn't get it ... oh well!