Wedding Woes

Halfway through 'slug' week.

2»

Re: Halfway through 'slug' week.

• I’m a non-elite marathon runner @short+sassy, I now wonder if I can put run a horse! 
    FWIW, the article I read said that when horses run long distances, they average a canter speed which is 5.8 meters/second.  Elite human long distance runners average 6.5 meters/second.

Good runners average 3.3-4.6 meters/second.

You may not be able to outrun a horse.  But I bet you wouldn't be too shabby against one either!

Apparently there is a local, annual race in Wales called something like the Human and Horse marathon.  That puts humans to the test against horses.  However, one caveat is it is 22 miles, not 26 miles.  Which give horses the advantage because it is a shorter distance than a true marathon.

It's a fun, local thing that isn't going to attract top world runners and most people don't beat the horses.  BUT there have been a number of people who have over the years.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I've been so backwards today! I thought I had a mammogram at 11:30 so got up, worked out, did some cleaning, showered and drove all the way to the imaging center (about 20 mins) to find out my appointment is tomorrow!!! Then, my stretch appointment was canceled for the 2nd time (should've been last week) because of the shadow of Covid. My therapist has tested negative but both she and her BF have cold symptoms. I know it is probably a cold, but I have a girls' trip next week and don't want to take any chances. My therapist gave me the option of coming or not. I will have to reschedule it after my trip. 

DH and I went out to get somethings for the house - an organizing rack for the laundry room (my new mop and broom handles from Norwex don't fit my old one well), a lamp shade for a lamp I put in a dormer window and some blinds for our bonus room - one of them just spontaneously broke. They were pretty cheap ones when we put them up 15+ years ago.

I have been doing a training the last 3 days on line. It has been very interesting with a different mindset about running a direct sales business. I have a debriefing call tonight. Nachos are on the menu for dinner tonight - using up some leftover cheese sauce from the mac and cheese I made while the boys were here.
  • Is it Wednesday?

I think it feels like Wednesday.

I slept 11 hours and woke up with no fever but body aches.  I took an ibuprofen at 1 and feel decent.  So far DH and Chiquita are good.  I'm wearing a mask when near them and planning a dinner of matzo ball soup.
  • Yum matzo ball soup! Enjoy! Glad there’s no fever at least.

• MNNEBrideMNNEBride member
    First Comment 5 Love Its First Anniversary First Answer
    edited December 2021
    Apparently you can buy ketamine, meth, adderall and something called Qsymia online per a newbie poster on this board.   :D 
  • Just in time. My crystal meth dealer vanished into thin air.

• MNNEBride said:
    Apparently you can buy ketamine, meth, adderall and something called Qsymia online per a newbie poster on this board.   :D 
    Well that just sounds...strange, lol.  Because of course you can buy regulated prescription drugs and one illegal one, online.

But "adderall" is giving me the opportunity to name drop.

I'm IRL friends with the best-selling author (Stephen Elliott) who has written a number of books, including Adderall Diaries.  That being his most famous one because it was turned into a movie.  He used the proceeds from that movie to buy an amazing historical home in NOLA.  The house has a lot of personality and unique features.  I can totally understand why he fell in love with it.  A little bit of a fixer-upper, but it is rife with architectural details.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • MNNEBride said:
    I just saw that and was like WTF!
  • The fever made me sluggish so these are right on time.  Who needs coffee when I can buy illegal drugs on the internet?
  • I'm going to get me some meth, lol.  I saw that too and was wondering what on earth was going on.