Wedding Woes

It's Thursday...?

WAKE UP!  ;) 

How's it going?  Prudie day. 

Not much here.  A little tired today.  I woke up at 4am with a massive headache.  SSDD otherwise. 

Re: It's Thursday...?

• Okay...so I actually just wrote out a new discussion post but copied it and thought I'd check the board one last time before posting it.  Glad I did...here it is:

Another chilly day here.  I've been dealing with daily headaches for over a week and assumed it was just long work day-related, since they arise around 1pm.  Read an article yesterday about people with Omicron having headaches afterwards...not sure of its accuracy but ugh.  Also feeling concerned about my parents, especially my mom, who haven't totally recovered yet and are still feeling unwell.  My mom and I used to have a daily phone call around 7am, on my drive to work.  She's been sleeping until 8am and unable to get out of bed until 9, and then really needs to ease into her day...by 1 or so she feels alright.  Her rheumatologist hasn't given her the green light to go back on Xeljanz (her daily RA med) so she is also experiencing more joint pain than normal.  I'm really in concerned daughter mode.  

How is everyone else?
  • BK didn't nap, so she was up from 545am until bed time - she did have quiet time at my mum's {solo in her room reading books} So by bed time I was singing "what do we do with a drunken sailor" because she was done
    M said she basically fell right asleep.

Good news, she didn't wake up super early! We were already up when she woke up and started freaking out, so it wasn't an issue.
    We are looking into a nightlight. Even if it doesn't stay in her room, we were considering one for the hallway.
    She's waking up too freaked out to consider turning her unicorn back on, so I think a soft light would be good for her.

Btw backpacks for kinder - are the Skip Hop ones good?
    Like these I mean:
    Baby Butterfly Zoo Little Kid Backpack | carters.com (cartersoshkosh.ca)

Backpacks start out early and cute ones sell out fast so I want to get ideas before they officially start.
  • Part of me is still glad I've set my parents up to text; the other part hates it.  I have a family group text and said I'd check in at least once a day in it.  Both people in the text group keep texting me individually as well  My mother's text woke me up this morning and I'm pretty grumpy about it.  The prednisone is a pretty big dose for me (30 mg) and it's jacking with my sleep hard core.  I'd only fallen asleep around 4:30 am, so the 9 am text conversation wasn't great.  I reminded her that I said I'd do the check in, gave a time frame for it, promised I'd call if I got into an emergency, and to please stop texting individually.  I know it's because she cares and she's worried; also give me some space to be sick, please. 

Also, the prednisone has made a HUGE difference already.  My cough has almost disappeared.  I haven't even used the codeine cough syrup b/c it's helped so much. Having the cough under control has really helped all of the other symptoms.  Pretty much just down to controlling a fever, still congested, walking, and doing my lung exercises (I have to blow up a balloon, I do it 10 times every 4 hours, while walking around my apartment for 15 minutes).

Me being at home this long is resulting in some serious cash going out the door.  I bought a few more things and then I've grounded myself from buying anything else. I have the acrylic painting beginner kit I've had my eye on coming in now.  I bought a Microsoft surface because I'd been needing a new computer.  Have a couple of new books.  I put in an order at Clinique that I'd been needing to do.  Have one more order for some makeup needs to do.  I bought a random baby Yoda toy that has interactive sounds/motions with toys you use with him.  I played with him for almost an hour yesterday.  Have done some viewing parties with friends.  Another week before I can see anyone or go back to work.  
  • I read headaches (and a number of other symptoms) can be part of post-Covid symptoms @ei34
  • I read headaches (and a number of other symptoms) can be part of post-Covid symptoms @ei34
    Yes, a friend of mine had headaches for about a week or so post-Covid. 
  • So sorry your mom is having a tough time coming back from covid @ei34. I hope you see some improvement soon.

Nothing special going on today. H and I upgraded our iPhones yesterday. We both had 8s and now have 13s. Excited about the better camera - we take a ton of pictures. I think I'm going to take a chill afternoon and read some. I finally started the new Outlander book and like it so far (not very far into it). I finished The President's Daughter which was written by James Patterson and Bill Clinton. I really liked it. It reminded me of Tom Clancy's Jack Ryan books. I didn't like The President is Missing as much (read it earlier in the fall). The two books aren't a series - different presidents. 

I just finished an online workshop for Photofy, a graphics app. It wasn't very helpful. I think I need to go back and do the basics one again. 

Looking forward to Prudie.
  • Another day, another night with terrible sleep. We’re just getting through at this point. I don’t know if it’s teething, or sleep regression, but I’m so tired. I have a pretty free afternoon and trying to sneak in a nap. 
  • VarunaTT said:
    Part of me is still glad I've set my parents up to text; the other part hates it.  I have a family group text and said I'd check in at least once a day in it.  Both people in the text group keep texting me individually as well  My mother's text woke me up this morning and I'm pretty grumpy about it.  The prednisone is a pretty big dose for me (30 mg) and it's jacking with my sleep hard core.  I'd only fallen asleep around 4:30 am, so the 9 am text conversation wasn't great.  I reminded her that I said I'd do the check in, gave a time frame for it, promised I'd call if I got into an emergency, and to please stop texting individually.  I know it's because she cares and she's worried; also give me some space to be sick, please. 

Also, the prednisone has made a HUGE difference already.  My cough has almost disappeared.  I haven't even used the codeine cough syrup b/c it's helped so much. Having the cough under control has really helped all of the other symptoms.  Pretty much just down to controlling a fever, still congested, walking, and doing my lung exercises (I have to blow up a balloon, I do it 10 times every 4 hours, while walking around my apartment for 15 minutes).

Me being at home this long is resulting in some serious cash going out the door.  I bought a few more things and then I've grounded myself from buying anything else. I have the acrylic painting beginner kit I've had my eye on coming in now.  I bought a Microsoft surface because I'd been needing a new computer.  Have a couple of new books.  I put in an order at Clinique that I'd been needing to do.  Have one more order for some makeup needs to do.  I bought a random baby Yoda toy that has interactive sounds/motions with toys you use with him.  I played with him for almost an hour yesterday.  Have done some viewing parties with friends.  Another week before I can see anyone or go back to work.  
    Prednisone is rough.  I'm glad it is working though!

We had warmer weather the last few days, but it is going cold again.  It's too bad, just in time for the weekend it gets nasty again.  I was hoping to do a few hikes on the weekend, but the cold weather makes me want to stay inside.

Hubby is  getting really stressed about going back to school on Monday with all the kids.  Apparently in Ontario they have decided that teachers will have to be both in person and online, but they don't have any suggestions for how to do it.  I can't imagine how the teachers will be able to juggle.  I guess have a camera showing him teaching?  But then he wouldn't be able to check in if the kids online have questions ... I hope something works out.  

• @kerbohl it's a really hard balance.  My school has remained open with an option to stream for students on mandated quarantine.  There are a good handful of students online in each class, and we position the Chromebook as best we can facing the board (or, in the case of an Earth Science class this morning, we put the device on the desk of two in-person students working on a lab about Insolation/Infrared Light, so that they could collect data too).  Hard times...and as a Special Ed teacher I always team teach, at least the gen ed teacher and I can divide and conquer a bit.  The teachers who are alone are really being stretched thin.
  • ei34 said:
    @kerbohl it's a really hard balance.  My school has remained open with an option to stream for students on mandated quarantine.  There are a good handful of students online in each class, and we position the Chromebook as best we can facing the board (or, in the case of an Earth Science class this morning, we put the device on the desk of two in-person students working on a lab about Insolation/Infrared Light, so that they could collect data too).  Hard times...and as a Special Ed teacher I always team teach, at least the gen ed teacher and I can divide and conquer a bit.  The teachers who are alone are really being stretched thin.
    Quite the juggling act!  If this pandemic hasn't gotten people to respect teachers and all they do a bit more, I don't know what would.