Wedding Woes

TGIF

We made it!  Very much looking forward to a lowkey weekend with not much planned aside from groceries, a visit to my parents, and mass.  Chairing a pta event this evening, a make your own pizza night partnering with one of the local pizzerias #wekneadthedough...a pandemic silver lining has been more fun school events from home, lol.  
Not sure you're logging on today but hope you enjoy your birthday weekend @mrsconn23!  Wishing everyone a quick Friday and good weekend!

Re: TGIF

• Ugh. I had 2 margaritas at dinner last night, and by the way I feel today, you'd think I'd had 5. I'm WFH today but I have back to back meetings this afternoon that I'm already dreading. 

Another thing I'm dreading? My dentist appointment tomorrow at 8:45am. It's a new dentist too. Meanwhile over the last 2 weeks, I think I've developed TMJ and my jaw on the left is clicking. It hurts, and the idea of having my mouth open for a teeth cleaning is concerning. It was so bad this week that I couldn't open my mouth wide enough to eat certain foods. I think I'm going to have to call there today to see what they suggest. 

That's about all I have planned for the weekend so far. Very exciting. 
  • Ooooh I forgot Ozark is starting tonight!  DH and I have two more Cobra Kai episodes and then we can start Ozark.

Happy birthday @mrsconn23!

It's cold and the bus was late for Chiquito.  I usually throw a hat on with my wet hair and this morning I entered my home with frozen hair.  Good times!

• Happy Birthday @mrsconn23 I hope you have a wonderful time.

DS and I did our PCR test this morning. This is our first real actual exposure and there probably couldn't be worse timing. If it comes back positive, we have to quarantine for 10 days. Okay nbd, but I could literally go into labor any day and we have a lot planned over the next couple weeks. It would incredibly inconvenient, lol.

Other than that, ssdd. Still sleeping like shit, DS won't nap during the day so I get no breaks. I feel bad because he probably would nap if I could take him out for some physical activity in the mornings but 1) isolating and 2) I am too big to be chasing after him. 
  • ei34ei34 member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited January 2022
    Ugh sending all the vibes @missJeanLouise.  My sister is due Feb 10th and her 18mo old is on. the. go.  Not the greatest combo.  I'm dropping some dinners off with her on Sunday and am definitely going to offer a couple hours of chasing the boy-boy around for her.  

@banana468 I just finished Cobra Kai too!  And I can relate to the 12 degree freezing hair scenario, that was me this morning too.

@mrsconn23 would you mind linking the spinner?  I've been on the lookout for a new carryon and that sounds perfect.

eta spelling
  • @mrsconn23 happy bday! :)

BK was screaming at 5am but she wasn't awake, so I watched her through the monitor for a bit. She settled by herself, so I didn't go in.

Unfortunately I still struggled to fall back asleep ... Penny thought it was breakfast time so she sat by my ear motor purring. Then kept trying to bump my legs when I inevitably had to get up and drink water and pee.
    Ma'am! It is 5am, not breakfast.

I did manage to wake up at a decent time to drink coffee.

This weekend we're planning to go around and sticky-note things in our house.

We considered getting a storage unit to put stuff while we got rid of other things, but the pricing is just crazy so we're just going to purge shit.
    We're going to use a sticky note, and unless it has a mark on it - it's automatic toss. If we mark it, then we want to see if it'll work in another spot. For example we have a book shelf that we put dvd's in years ago. I want to see if we could put that in the front hall for stuff - like shoes, etc. It may not be big enough. If it doesn't work, it gets tossed.
  • ei34 said:

@mrsconn23 would you mind linking the spinner?  I've been on the lookout for a new carryon and that sounds perfect.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0727XS1XC/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s02?ie=UTF8&th=1
  • Happy Birthday @mrsconn23; I hope the cake is delicious and the drinks are strong! 

Bills playoff weekend! I’m so jazzed!! I have very few meetings today so knocking out some work and hoping to be done early! 
  • happy early bday @mrsconn23!
    @ei34 sounds like an awesome weekend.  Pizza night was always so fun when I was a kid
    @climbingsingle, gl at the dentist. I had my appt on Monday and realized I really didn’t like my new dentist.  She tries to sell me on things my other one said I didn’t need (bridge, retainter, mouth guard etc).  So I called my old dentist again and they said she didn’t work there anymore. Yet, the webpage was updated in 2022 and the webpage says she does ?!? I have 6 months to figure it out. 

This weekend I’m getting my extensions back in, my nails back on and I’m trying my hand at my own lash lifting.  I so miss my lash extensions but a huge PITA.  I have dinner with meetup groups on Saturday (tapas) and Sunday night (comedy show/dinner - woohoo!) and then maybe lunch on Sunday with one of my new friends whom we met and clicked from my own group. 

• @mrsconn23 happy birthday! 

@CharmedPam ugh, that sucks. I actually loved my old dentist, but he and the staff there are very good friends with exH. That, and I now live 30 mins away from the office just doesn't work. I actually called this new dentist and moved my appointment to next month. My jaw is just not able to stay open that long for a cleaning without me being in intense pain. 
  • Happy Birthday @mrsconn23!
    Good luck @climbingsingle, dentist with TMJ does not sound like fun. 

My dog has been wearing a lampshade on her head since last week because of stiches in her ear. She's not in love with it and does not understand how it changes her clearance, so she's been crashing into walls and dragging it on the ground. H has been "fixing" it with packing tape as best he can, but it's just a cheap piece of plastic. Anyway, this morning we were jogging when a deer went by and got her attention. She got excited, lunged, and slammed the cone into my leg and basically broke half of it off. She's been walking around with half a cone all morning, and I can't stop laughing at her. I think I'm going to have to trash the plastic and just watch her. Luckily stitches come out Monday.

Other than micromanaging the dog, it should be a chill weekend here. Hopefully a hike and spending some time planning the details of our trip. I'm still really worried about covid forcing us to cancel, but trying to be optimistic. 
  • @STARMOON44 original plan was just to put stuff we know we want to keep out of the way while clearing what we aren't keeping out.
    I'm not willing to spend approx $150 even if it's only short time if we can avoid it {if we were staging our house, we'd probably do it}
  • @STARMOON44 original plan was just to put stuff we know we want to keep out of the way while clearing what we aren't keeping out.
    I'm not willing to spend approx $150 even if it's only short time if we can avoid it {if we were staging our house, we'd probably do it}
    Oh for sure staging is a great reason to do it
  • Happy Birthday @mrsconn23!  I have a similar carry-on that was recommended by Candy from WW back in the day.

No big plans here for the weekend.  I'm dragging today.  Didn't sleep well last night and just want to log off work and take a nap.  TGIFF!

We're going out to dinner tonight - hopefully.  We plan to go every week and then end up ordering in.  Packers playoff game Saturday night.  Sunday will be recliner church. Laundry will be in there some place.
  • I'm downloading outlook because I need to look at my paystub which comes through work email.  I don't want to do this because it's going to make me anxious but I have to check it for multiple reasons.

@CharmedPam let me know how the lash lifting goes? That sounds scary AF to me, but I love getting a lash lift and I just can't really justify spending the money with my other goals lined up

Still just sitting at home.  My co-workers sent a care package yesterday and it's impossibly lovely.  Lots of cheese, meat, a huge cookie, a bottle of wine, etc.  I debated on the wine, but went ahead and had a glass.  It was perfection.  Even if the rest of the bottle goes to the trash, I really enjoyed the one glass. 

I ended up chastising one of my attorneys yesterday.  He texted me complaining about something and about how there was no plan for the backup.  I texted back that he was the backup, because we are short staffed in the office and he shouldn't expect other paralegals to pick up phone calls for our clients, especially when only he and I get the message; he at least needs to delegate it to someone.  He went quiet for a bit and then texted and said he'd take care of it.  However, when I called in to make sure it was taken care of, co-worker used the phrase, "we don't know when you'll be back" which makes me worried that as long as I test positive they won't let me back.  I have STD, but it's going to be damn tight for me depending on how long this lasts.  I'm going to call my management company on Monday if I need to/when I know more.  Retest planned for Sunday, fingers crossed.  

Otherwise, SSDD.  I've been trying to keep my chin up but the isolation is getting rougher.  Some of my friends have been facetiming me, just so I see other people.

• Poor pup @MyNameIsNot
    @STARMOON44, I kinda am in dry Jan as well. But basically because it’s recommended for quicker recovery.  However, the tapas place I’m going to tomorrow is supposed to have the bomb sangrias and I may have one for that.  VarunaTT said:
    @CharmedPam let me know how the lash lifting goes? That sounds scary AF to me, but I love getting a lash lift and I just can't really justify spending the money with my other goals lined up

I know. I’m honestly worried about it too because… vision.  So we’ll see 😬.  My esthetician raved about lashify so I spent $140 on the starter kit but my stupid big hands can’t apply the small lashes on my small eyes, and it was a huge waste of money.  This, at least was $25.

nice of your coworkers.  Sounds like a great basket.  Do they require pcr or rapid will do? Because pcr could take a few days in itself

• Do they require pcr or rapid will do? Because pcr could take a few days in itself
    They haven't specified, so I've just been doing rapid.  I'll do a rapid on Sunday and we'll see where things go from that direction.  My doctor said that rapid will tell if I can still pass it on to someone, which is what I know they're concerned about. I don't want to be Typhoid Mary to my office either.  I just feel kinda stuck.
  • I’m sorry @VarunaTT. That’s how I feel too. Technically I’m over my quarantine period. I want to rapid test to at least see if I can return to work/if I’m still contagious but there aren’t any rapids to be found around here. I still feel just as sick as I was on Tuesday. I think I over did it a little with cleaning and trying to do a workout at home the last two days. 

Happy birthday @mrsconn23!

Fingers crossed the test comes back negative and you don’t have it @missjeanlouise. Terrible timing. 

That sucks about the TMJ @climbingsingle. Dental issues are the worst. A few years ago I went to the dentist convinced I had a cavity because a back molar was in so much pain. She told me nope, no cavity, I had just been clenching super hard in my sleep and it was wearing on that tooth. She told me I could wear a mouth guard and I was like lol, no, then I asked her if botox would work and she was surprised and told me it would if I wasn’t scared of needles which made me lol even more. Then I went to my injector and I’ve had so much relief since starting the masseter Botox. I don’t know if it would be the best option for TMJ, but it really helped with jaw clenching at night. 

I am feeling a little worse today. I’m so ready to be over this. I also wish I could find some rapids to test me and FI again. I’m taking it super easy today because it’s obvious I overdid it Wednesday and Thursday. 

• @levioosa Thanks! I'm definitely going to find out about Botox for it. I hope you're feeling better soon! 
  • @levioosa I don't remember where you are, but here the CVS don't open their testing until midnight the day of.  That's how I've been able to get in.  I've either stayed up late or gotten up early and been able to get a time slot.  They do seem to fill up by about 10 am though.  I also feel the same.  I'm not worse, but I still have the congestion and a lingering cough that just doesn't seem to be going away.  Now that the prednisone is lower, I'm definitely sleeping better.  However, you aren't the first person that has said they tried to go back to a light normal and it felt like it set them back.  That's one reason I've tried to be so careful.
  • Thanks @VarunaTT. I was going to check first thing in the morning but the NyQuil hit me hard and I woke up at ten so all of the appointments were already taken. I’ll have to see if I can make an appointment tonight or tomorrow morning. 

Oh for sure staging is a great reason to do it

SITB

We did it for staging when we sold our house.  It was annoying to spend so much money on a storage locker, but it made moving a little easier and hopefully it helped us sell.  This was back in the day before the housing market here went insane.

@mrsconn23!  

Hubby has had to be home sick all week because he had a headache and it is a possible symptom.  But the damn school board insists that if he has any symptoms, neither he nor anyone in his household can go out, even if they don't have a positive test.  And we have a whole box of texts, but hubby can't find them, and I just got pissed.  We don't even know if he has covid, and we have to quarantine.  Really?  I'm low on groceries, I have stuff to do, and I'm just so mad that anything you have is just Covid according to them.  And I'm mad at him for losing a whole box of tests and not bothering to look into getting tested.  I think today I am just cranky.  

• We got our results! DS and I and covid NEGATIVE!
    Such good news!!!