Wedding Woes

Where is everyone?

edited January 2022 in Wedding Woes
Is everyone taking Friday off? 

I’m in the office and getting lunch with a friend today! It’s almost like it used to be. It’s so weird- no one is here, all the calendars still say March 2020, and pre-pandemic project boards are still on the wall. Like an eerie time capsule. 

Anyone have drum weekend plans? 

ETA: Fun, not drum. Although drum plans could be fun?

Re: Where is everyone?

• Oh @charlotte989875 that would be weird!  Like your revisiting a place where time stopped! 

I’m here, just surfing the web, counting down to lunch… i was up at 6 this morning, cleaning my place because my parents are visiting this weekend.  It was my intention to do it last night but the bitter cold, and super laziness & fatigue got the best of me.  My pretzel crack order came in yesterday and I had to force myself to stop eating jt otherwise it would have been my dinner. For anyone who loves pretzels (and surprisingly not too too bad in sodium, which is what I’m watching, because they use seasoning instead of salt) I give you pretzel crack.  A very fitting name for this snack:

https://pretzelcrack.com/

• Exactly @CharmedPam, here’s my calendar. We were so optimistic our dreams would “soar” in 2020  

• I thought there must be a US holiday I forgot about.

That's very Twilight Zone for everything to still be set to 2020. So eerie.

I had my iron injection this morning and it was fine. Then I took DS to get a haircut and he did amazing. He cried bloody murder the entire time during his last haircut, and for days after would ask me to "fix" his hair. This time he was totally prepared and happy to be there. No idea why there was such a difference.

Now DH is doing bedtime because I have a terrible headache. Pretty sure it is sinus related but it still sucks. Tomorrow I just have to get the Boys' outfits together for family pictures on Sunday. I know DH needs a new white T-shirt but idk about DS.
  • Exactly @CharmedPam, here’s my calendar. We were so optimistic our dreams would “soar” in 2020  

I remember that month vividly.  “We’re going into a shelter in place for 2 weeks. To slow the spread of this new coronavirus we’re all hearing about.  Things will re-open in 2 weeks”

2 years later…..

• @charlotte989875 I've seen some tiktoks of people returning to office and having everything 2020 and how weird it is

Tonight BK is at my mum's. It's the last friday night she can sleep over for awhile because dance starts next week {it's across the street from us and starts at 9am so we're not doing this run around lol}
    M & I are taking advantage and getting non-BK safe dinner lol He's been wanting A&W and I want sushi, since indoor dining is still closed we're going to the mall.

It works because I'm planning a room reno for BK in the summer and I wanna take a look at the home sense.
    BK loves our full body mirror, and when she tries stuff on {costumes, summer items, etc} she wants to see, so she begs to go to our room.
    I wanna find a full body mirror that's more BK height but I may just cave and get a bigger one.
  • So funny that you say that @charlotte989875. I just had a moment of feeling upside down. I was filling out forms for one of my employees and had to write down their start date (Feb 2020) and then their latest training date (Dec 2021). There was a moment where I just felt trapped like I was still in 2020 and nothing had changed. It was eerie. I had a flashback on my way to work about how FI and I were watching the news and saw the huge makeshift hospitals being made in Wuhan. I knew right then it was going to be very bad and there was a pit in my stomach. I went to work the next day and talked to my manager and we implemented protocols on screening the very next day. That was months before our organization got their act together and created protocols. It was such a terrible time of physical and mental uncertainty with our health and organizational lay offs. 

I made it through the work week. I listened to a good podcast on Long COVID this morning that was interesting. I have a couple big goals for the weekend so I’m hoping I’m motivated enough/not too fatigued to do them. 

Hoping you’re hanging in there for the last full work day of the week @VarunaTT

I hope your headache gets better! @missJeanLouise. It very well might be a hormonal headache since you’re close to delivery and having some hormone shifts now.  

• So freaky with the calendars still showing March 2020.

Every time I get a second to breathe today, I get interrupted. I feel like I've accomplished nothing today. 

We have our company zoom "party" tonight. It's as fun as it sounds. 
    We're getting a snowstorm but I still don't know how much. Early this morning they were saying 5-8" tonight, and 5-8" tomorrow. Now it's saying 3-5" tonight and 3-5" tomorrow. It changes every hour...haha. Either way I'll be home tomorrow, baking and cleaning. 
    Sunday I'm heading upstate and get to work from home Monday. 
  • Our accumulation is up in the air too @climbingsingle . Somewhere between 3-20", lol.  DD was supposed to make her First Reconciliation (a church sacrament) tomorrow but the church re-scheduled it.  The kids have a rock climbing event on Sunday, no word on that yet.  I wouldn't mind a weekend of not going anywhere or doing anything, honestly.
  • I'm here. Had a busy morning and am just now checking in on lunch. 

I read "drum plans" and sat there for a few minutes thinking it was a hip new slang thing and trying to figure out how/why the kids had come up with that. Anyway, no drum weekend plans for me. It's cold and we're isolating, so tv and fire I guess. If it warms up on Sunday we'll try for a hike. Probably work on packing some things for the trip. 
  • ei34 said:
    Our accumulation is up in the air too @climbingsingle . Somewhere between 3-20", lol.  DD was supposed to make her First Reconciliation (a church sacrament) tomorrow but the church re-scheduled it.  The kids have a rock climbing event on Sunday, no word on that yet.  I wouldn't mind a weekend of not going anywhere or doing anything, honestly.
    So I live in SE CT and the current weather station says we could get over 2 feet. 

The Weather Channel is forecasting 3-5" tonight, 8-12" tomorrow and we're in a Blizzard warning effective at 7 tonight.  

I need to confirm w/ DH that the snowblower works and if not, I guess we'll be taking shifts tomorrow.  We have NO plans to go anywhere until Sunday morning when Chiquita serves at the 11 AM. 

The weekend plans consist of cooking carbohydrates and meat in between sledding, shoveling and movies.  

I did make a rich turbinado sugar syrup last night and will try that in an old fashioned tonight.  But just one - not THREE. 

We had a really bad phone call today with a client that we thought we were mid-onboarding who really only wanted us to help them out of a bind.  It was defeating and frustrating to be fed a list of lines that were total BS and I think our senior sales saw through it as well.  
  • Woke up to snow here but not much. But xdh is on a different side of town and he said they got more and even the main streets around the neighborhood were pretty snowcovered at lunch time. I'm supposed to bring DS up there this afternoon but I think we are waiting until tomorrow. First snow of the year is always bad and the interstate's have been showing yellow and red for the past few hours.

I'm putting myself back in a walking boot because my foot has been hurting more and more lately. I had a stress reaction/fracture years ago and this is in the same place. Since I now have a $5000 deductible I'm definitely self-treating. When I went to the Dr for it before the treatment was the walking boot anyway
  • Yes @kvruns the roads up here aren't great. H and I were out running errands and almost couldn't stop at an intersection that is at the bottom of a hill. Luckily no one was there to hit us. H is a good driver in snow and the vehicle is AWD. A friend was to come over this afternoon for tea and snacks but we canceled due to the weather. We live on a cul du sac that in on a hill. We are at the bottom of said hill. I don't blame her for not wanting to try it.

I'm going to snuggle down, watch TV and work on some sales stuff this afternoon. DD's party ended last night so I'm wrapping all that up. I've discovered I do like talking with people in live videos. Who knew - the person who hates public speaking could make a bit of money talking on line parties!

This weekend is totally chill. Church on Sunday is the only thing planned. 
  • I ended up going home early yesterday.  I had a small fever and a mild sore throat.  They made me take a damn covid test before I left.  I think I just pushed too hard this week.  I got home, ate, took a long hot bath, and then went to sleep from 5:30 pm until this morning.  Slept pretty hard too.  Feeling okay now, though I'm really struggling with a fog; I keep saying the wrong things from my mouth, even though my brain is saying the right thing.  I'm just trying to make it to 5 today and accomplish a few things.  I'm having to make myself slow way day and take copious notes thought, b/c I don't trust my memory or process right now.  I completely snapped at one of my bosses, then apologized.  Everyone has been pretty kind, but things are turning into a bigger shit show here.  We are down now to 15 paralegals, when a "full staff" is usually 22-25.  The cracks are huge and management doesn't care.  So, I don't either.  I come in, work hard, do what I can, and move along.

No big plans for the weekend except taking it easy.  I wanted to try and make a bunch of air fryer vegan recipes, but I'm not even sure that's a good idea.  I really want to go see a drag pageant this weekend and that might be the only thing I can do.
  • edited January 2022
    @banana468 I was wondering what your forecast was saying! Hope the snow blower works! 

@ei34 I hope you don't get too much as well. Hope you get a weekend home! 
  • Is everyone taking Friday off? 

I’m in the office and getting lunch with a friend today! It’s almost like it used to be. It’s so weird- no one is here, all the calendars still say March 2020, and pre-pandemic project boards are still on the wall. Like an eerie time capsule. 

Anyone have drum weekend plans? 

ETA: Fun, not drum. Although drum plans could be fun?
    Not related to the pandemic.  But there is a school I pass all the time coming home from work.  It flooded during Hurricane Katrina (8/23/2005) and never reopened.  

For over 10 years, it's main board facing the road said, "Classes starting August 15th."  It was creepy.  Someone finally took the letters/numbers down a few years ago.

I hope all of you in the path of snow didn't have it too bad. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • @short+sassy I'm glad that at least here in CT they tore down Sandy Hook elementary years ago.  

On the snow front, we have over a foot but not the 2 feet that areas near Boston got.  There are some higher drifts but I'm glad it's closer to 1/3 and not 1/2 or 2/3 of my 7 yo height!