Wedding Woes
Options

Prudie day!!!

I'm more excited than i should be to read about other people's drama.  It's garbage day in our neighborhood so G was in heaven this morning.  He got to see TWO garbage trucks and TWO "stool" (school) buses.  

I bought myself some microfiber hair towels for Christmas and I cannot believe what a difference they have made in my hair texture already.  I have pretty long wavy hair and it has been soft and not frizzy and actually a little volume?  LOVE.

My parents are coming tomorrow and i'm super excited.  I love hanging out with them and we will be able to get a few small projects done around the house too with extra eyes on the babies all weekend.  

Re: Prudie day!!!

• Options
    Interesting I’ll have to look into those towels. My bair is very frizzy and only product can contain it.

i forgot to put out my recycling yesterday, I was so involved with the damn snow! D’oh.  I also didn’t do it last week because it was to cold to bother. I think I can get away with 1 more week of recycling piling up.  I don’t gain that much.
    Tonight is a virtual kick off for a salesmeeting and everyone in the office is staying behind for a meal and drinks, so that’s cool. We do these meetings on Thursday’s since most salespeople log into the network on Friday, but they ain’t doing nothing.  They can be hung over for that. Tomorrow is finally Friday! Yeeees.  

• Options
    Little bit of crappy weather today. First time driving in it, and not too bad. Everyone was being super careful so I felt better.
    Unfortunately because I have to make a fair amount of right hand turns, I stay in that lane. Well seems that's just the worst lane. Guh

Lately I'm getting really fkn frustrated with M
    So my mum's bf is a conspiracy theorist - whatever. Sure my mum isn't always thinking the same but honestly it's not like they discuss this around BK but M is just like "oh can we have SFIL watch BK more? Maybe 2 days during the week?"
    Bruh ... stfu .... deal with this arrangement until June. Like ffs ...

We're talking to sfil but this is honestly a fkn headache more than it's worth.
  • Options
    Congrats auntie @climbingsingle!
  • Options
    Interesting I’ll have to look into those towels. My bair is very frizzy and only product can contain it.

i forgot to put out my recycling yesterday, I was so involved with the damn snow! D’oh.  I also didn’t do it last week because it was to cold to bother. I think I can get away with 1 more week of recycling piling up.  I don’t gain that much.
    Tonight is a virtual kick off for a salesmeeting and everyone in the office is staying behind for a meal and drinks, so that’s cool. We do these meetings on Thursday’s since most salespeople log into the network on Friday, but they ain’t doing nothing.  They can be hung over for that. Tomorrow is finally Friday! Yeeees.  
    https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07R6PQVW5/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o07_s01?ie=UTF8&psc=1

These are the ones I ordered.  Very happy with them so far!
  • Options
    @Casadena I have a microfibre hair wrap, very inexpensive but so good!
  • Options
    It's DH's birthday!    I need to multitask throughout the day to prep for dinner but his gifts are wrapped and the kids are excited.  There's a rack of lamb in the fridge and I'll make some stuffed shrimp with it and couscous on the side.  

• Options
    So much snow here today and I love it!! Roads are still fine and it looks so pretty! 

We’re hiring a sleep consultant. The sleep inconsistency is killing me so we’re hiring someone to develop a sleep plan and help us out. I cannot wait. 
    Good luck!  I hated the inconsistent sleep when my kids were younger and it's one thing I do NOT miss about the younger ages.    It gets better I promise but it totally sucks first. 
  • Options
    banana468 said:
    So much snow here today and I love it!! Roads are still fine and it looks so pretty! 

We’re hiring a sleep consultant. The sleep inconsistency is killing me so we’re hiring someone to develop a sleep plan and help us out. I cannot wait. 
    Good luck!  I hated the inconsistent sleep when my kids were younger and it's one thing I do NOT miss about the younger ages.    It gets better I promise but it totally sucks first. 
    Thank you! It’s so tough with us both having busy jobs that require us to be at relatively full capacity. I can’t keep getting up for 2-3 hours every night. 
  • Options
    banana468 said:

Thank you! It’s so tough with us both having busy jobs that require us to be at relatively full capacity. I can’t keep getting up for 2-3 hours every night. 
    SIB: Good luck!!!!  I didn't realize how easy we had it with G when he was littler.  N is 7 months and still up 2-3 times a night.  I hope you have a good experience and you all start getting sleep!!!!
  • Options
    Got the truck back last night. Of course they backtracked and said that they didn’t know why it happened. Then gave us a printout that said they replaced the parts and pressure washed the undercarriage as “A GOODWILL GESTURE.” (Also the undercarriage still looks terrible with the fuel all over it). I fucking hate this dealer and I can’t wait to get rid of the truck. 

Otherwise not too much is going on. I’m getting through my to do list for the wedding. I still have to call BFF and just tell her it’s going to be private, that not even our parents will know. I just hope she doesn’t push back a lot. I just foresee the day going a certain way and I love her to pieces but I know the dynamic will completely change if she flies out and I feel obligated to entertain her/there is an infant around. I feel like such a shitty person/Bff for thinking that though. Ugh. 

Anyone else watching the latest season of MAFS? 

• Options
    It was -11 degrees when I got up this morning!  After today we are supposed to get back to more "seasonable" temps - like teens and twenties.

My youngest brother went to the ER early this morning with chest pains.  They are doing cardiac work up but are suspecting a blood clot.  He had foot surgery about 5 months ago and that has been a slow healing process.  Waiting to hear from his SO on any updates.

We have a work lunch today and it'll be interesting to see if everyone comes.  One person has been creating drama and declined the calendar invite but boss talked to them yesterday and who knows.  

On Sunday we're having brunch with friends from out of town.  It'll be great to see them.

Happy birthday Mr. banana468!
    @charlotte989875 - I hope the sleep consultant can get you all on track.  Lack of sleep is so hard.
    @mrsconn23 - glad your trip went well!
  • Options
    Casadena said:
    banana468 said:

SIB: Good luck!!!!  I didn't realize how easy we had it with G when he was littler.  N is 7 months and still up 2-3 times a night.  I hope you have a good experience and you all start getting sleep!!!!
    Ugh I hope N sleeps soon! I almost feel like this is harder than when he was up a few times but went back to sleep quickly because now he’s up for such a long time that it’s like it get two short naps with a big long awake time in between. Lack of sleep is tough! 
  • Options
    levioosalevioosa member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited February 2022
    Oh no, @MNNEBride Sending healing thoughts your way. 

• Options
    Rain, but no snow today. Also, we had wine last night and I have such a headache today. I'm waiting on pins and needles for my stupid test to come back. 

@mrsconn23, I would love to hear what you learned. We're scheduled to leave Saturday and I'm not sure what to expect beyond the normal flying BS. We're at least flying direct. 
  • Options

@mrsconn23, I would love to hear what you learned. We're scheduled to leave Saturday and I'm not sure what to expect beyond the normal flying BS. We're at least flying direct. 
    Are you traveling in the states or internationally? 
  • Options
    @MNNEBride, so sorry. I'll be keeping your brother in my thoughts. 
  • Options
    mrsconn23 said:

International. Belize.
  • Options
    @charlotte989875 we off and on considered hiring help for BK but didn't. It's hard when they go through shitty sleep phases, although I'm finding I do also :\ 

@MNNEBride I had to google. Scary! Glad they found it

@MyNameIsNot safe travels!

@banana468 happy bday to your H!
  • Options
    mrsconn23 said:

International. Belize.
    We flew on American and they use the Verifly app to upload Covid results.  You cannot check-in online until they upload your results.  I would download that or whatever app your airline uses and get ALL of your non-time-sensitive info entered now or at least in advance of the day you take your Covid test and have to fill out your attestations and upload your results.  

Also, the '24 hours' for return test just means the day before.  We flew out at 5pm, but took our Covid tests at 2pm the previous day. 

Also if you bring back duty free and want to take it via carry-on, make sure any alcohol is in a clear bottle or stuff it in your checked luggage when you go through customs.  I got some local tequila and it was in colored glass.  I had to check my carry-on suitcase with it in there because they wouldn't let it through since it wouldn't pass whatever test they run on that stuff.  My friend had a different brand in a clear bottle and she was just fine. 

But the biggest thing is just to know you're going to need to set aside some time to manage check-in and whatnot the day before traveling home because the airlines want your shit uploaded so that it doesn't have to managed at the airport.  

HAVE FUN! Belize is definitely on my list.  
  • Options
    @mrsconn23, I'm glad you all had a good time on your trip!  It sounds like it was great.  Considering what a major hub the Chicago airport is, it seems like it's closed a lot because of weather!  The travel gods were definitely smiling down on you all, to switch to Dallas and not have it affect your schedule at all.

@charlotte989875, good luck with the sleep consultant.

@MNNEBride, good luck to your brother.  I hope everything will be all right.

Another busy day at work, but nothing too bad.  I start my Costco scanning after work, so it will be a long day.

I am so SICK of work people always wanting to be paid in cash.  OMG, please join us in 2022.  My H and I usually keep some cash in a safe, just for that purpose.  But the plumbing company we recently used for a major repair, OVER $5K!!!!  Wanted cash.  I was already annoyed they wouldn't take a credit card.  But then I was doubly annoyed they wanted cash instead of a check.  My H didn't listen to me and wiped out all the cash we had at home and then I paid the rest with a check.

Which has now brought the minor hassle we are currently in.  We've been doing some fixes on one of our rental houses that is currently vacant.  We used one of our usual construction guys (N), so my H asked me if I happened to have $220 cash, because that is what we owe him.  Noooo, I don't.  Like I usually don't. 

I told him to tell N that I can give him a check from a local bank right now that he can go cash.  Or he can wait until Friday and I'll stop at the bank just to get HIM, cash.  Oh no.  He needs cash.  Because he lost his passport and doesn't have any other form of ID, so he won't be able to cash a check.  Apparently, even though he drives, he doesn't have a driver's license either.  Then I guess you need to wait for your money until Friday, N.

I sometimes wonder if people who chose to live on the fringes of society even realize how much harder they make their own lives.  Our former plumber friend is like that also.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    @MNNEBride thoughts and prayers for your brother. Happy birthday to mr. @banana468.

I slept until 7 this morning - which I never do. That only gave me and hour and half to wake up, eat breakfast, have coffee and get on line for my Italian lesson. I normally wake up by 6 so I can leisurely have coffee and breakfast. This just made the morning seem super rushed. I also had to work out after the lesson. Staying home and inside today because the snow is still coming down.

I have used microfiber hair wraps for years and love them. Norwex has one that I haven't purchased because the ones I have are in good shape. 
  • Options
    So I talked to my mum about SFIL watching BK 2x a week after March break
    She admitted she was half expecting it but realized that it would be selfish to fight and BK should see M's side of the family {FIL is not in the picture by really any means} and although my mum would love her constantly, she knows it's selfish reasons.

It went well. I definitely worked a lot in my head before - per usual.
  • Options
    @mrsconn23, Thanks for that! Super helpful! Negative results came back, so I switched focus to get 100 little things done and didn't get to come back and thank you yesterday.