Wedding Woes

Tuesday

Long weekend was so nice! Great balance of seeing friends and doing fun things and also getting my life in order. I’m trying again to eat healthy so big grocery trip, and I have a 5 night business trip coming up so went through my wardrobe and made sure everything was ready to go. Just need to repair the hem on one pair of pants and I’m good! My flight is Friday afternoon but I’ve been very vague about the timing to work people and plan to be unavailable all day Friday. 

Re: Tuesday

• CharmedPamCharmedPam member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited June 2022
    “Flight is later in the morning = afternoon” @VarunaTT  oops I mean @STARMOON44 .  I didn’t notice my mistake until I read levioosa’s post.  Reading is hard.

Today should be good. I have a dinner with some friends at a Bohemian restaurant. Today I’m wfh, so i got to sleep in.  Already walked my 2 miles but will take 10 minutes here and there for strength exercises.  I miss this from when I wfh in my lockdown.  Had “lunch” workouts and didn’t have to get up so early. But it’s also nice to have it done first thing.

also, I did my colorstreet nails yesterday and loooove. Matches my purse! I purchased “majestic maple” which are cute maple leaf designs for Canada day, and it arrived Saturday in the mail.  I can’t find it!!! $14.00 too.  I’m gonna put some gloves on and check my garbage in case I accidentally threw it out with my junk mail. 
    YOU DID NOT JUST READ THAT I’M A GARBAGE PICKER!!!!
    edit pic

• I have never tried Color Street but am doing a combination Color Street and Norwex party for a friend of mine on Sunday. Her daughter in law sells Color Street and has been after her to do a party. She had signed up to do a Norwex party during my DD's Norwex party back in January. I'm looking forward to seeing Color Street. I use to do gel or dip but it was way too damaging for my fingernails. They look great now, but I do like color every so often. I am really hard on my nails. 

I have book club tonight. We read "Oh William" by Elizabeth Berg. It was different but think it will spark discussion. We finally got our reverse osmosis faucet replaced! Yay - I'm not collecting water in pitchers anymore. Now H needs to put the undersink mat down so I can reload the cabinet. We bought mats for the bathroom sinks and the kitchen sink. H installed the bathroom ones but was waiting for the faucet to get fixed.

Nothing much else going on.
  • I'm so sorry @levioosa.  You've really been going through it.  ((hugs)) 
  • And after all that shopping, it's a freaking zoom interview.  Tomorrow at 2pm.  I'm still going to dress nice/look presentable. 

Where's a paper bag I can breathe into from now until then? 
  • Have fun sleeping tonight @mrsconn23 😉 but yes, still dress like you would in person. Good Luck! And an official congrats to H.  It’s happening!!!
    @levioosa I’m so sorry about your grandfather, hopefully he’ll get the attention he needs! Good luck on your interview tomorrow too

fun @ILoveBeachMusic. What a good idea to combine parties. If you buy colorstreet you’ll love it. So far, it’s the only brand I tried that actually stays on and stays on for 2+ weeks! I can’t do gels so I love this.

• Pretty much SSDD here.  I rolled in about 830, b/c Tuesdays are my hard day and I did.not.want.to.come.to.work.  I think we're about to lose another litigation paralegal (for personal reasons), which is going to hurt.  The other lit para and I put our heads together to come up with a plan to deal with it.  I'm hoping that management pulls their heads out of their asses and realizes that our plan is the only plan and their ideas will not work and to listen to us.  Probably not, but oh well, it's their ship to sink.

I'm now dog sitting this weekend for another doggo, Baxter.  He's a sweet Yorkshire terrier and we love each other, so it should be fun.
  • I hate the build up then waiting on the SCOTUS opinion. Just tell us already if you’re taking away our autonomy. Stop holding it out there. 

The long weekend was great, I think I caught baby Ms latest daycare cold. 
  • Agreed @charlotte989875, the suspense is killing me.  My project just got up and running, so I'm knee deep in that and trying to keep an eye on twitter/news alerts, plus pull stuff from files to add to my interview prep. 
  • SSDD here.  Made it to yoga over the lunch hour and I needed it bigtime.  Lots to do this week at work and trying to prioritize!  
  • I'm in allergy hell today.
    Woke up to puffy eyes and my face feels clogged too.

Ffs

Also did I mention I tried to get my IUD out yesterday at my dr? They couldn't. Sent referral to gyno and I got email for a virtual appt in October?
    I'm calling tomorrow and asking why it's virtual when my dr asked for removal of IUD
    I'm not a big fan of this dr but whatever.

Ffs

Also did I mention I tried to get my IUD out yesterday at my dr? They couldn't. Sent referral to gyno and I got email for a virtual appt in October?
    I'm calling tomorrow and asking why it's virtual when my dr asked for removal of IUD
    What a literal pain.  Can you push and say that a nearly 6 mo wait is insufficient and.....lacking in technology? 

So I found out that the first day of summer is National Hike Naked Day.  My coworker in the hills of VA said, "Stay off the Appalachian Trail," to which I laughed and said, "My daughter is backpacking on the AT!" 

I told her troop leader this and well....no blindfolds or extra tick checks are needed.  
  • A 6 month wait to get an IUD out is horrific. 

Ffs

I don’t think we’re there yet with technology…
    RIGHT!
  • A 6 month wait to get an IUD out is horrific. 
    The wait times for so much here is absolutely insane :\ 
  • banana468 said:
    I'm in allergy hell today.

Ffs

What a literal pain.  Can you push and say that a nearly 6 mo wait is insufficient and.....lacking in technology? 
    I'm basically calling today and seeing why it's virtual when the referral said it's a removal. My guess is they fkd up on booking. I'm not a fan of this place but it's the same dr that inserted it, so they wanna stick with same person.
  • Like if I couldn’t get an iud out quickly I’d never get one. This is reproductive control through scheduling. 
  • @levioosa I asked to be put on a cancellation list as well. I swear this is so fkn dumb.
    Ontario and Nova Scotia are in serious crisis right now - idk about other provinces, but those 2 made the news {I'm Ontario}