Wedding Woes

Oh LW

Dear Prudence,

I’ve never had a successful romantic relationship, and I feel like there’s something wrong with me. Every guy I’ve been into and enjoyed going out with has either ghosted me or sent the “I’ve really enjoyed hanging out with you, but…” text by the third or fourth date. I’ve gone out with probably six guys in as many months, and I usually think it’s going well until it’s just not. I understand I’m not that much of a catch —I’m not that attractive and I’m already not an interesting conversationalist on top of how anxious I can get on dates—and I’m gay, so I know mathematically there’s just less options, but I just don’t know what’s wrong with me or how to fix it.

— What Am I Doing Wrong?

Re: Oh LW

• You need a Stuart Smalley.  You're good enough, you're smart enough and gosh darnit, people like you.  If you go into every date sounding like Eeyore you're going to get Pooh. 
  • I feel like this too.  But what keeps me going? There’s an ass for every seat.  Finding that ass? That’s the hard part. LW either needs someone just like them or somone completely opposite.  You just have to keep on keeping on.

• I'm wondering if LW's lack of confidence is the issue here...
  • I'm wondering if LW's lack of confidence is the issue here...
    That's what I'm thinking.  LW needs therapy to get them to realize that they're a catch.  If you are constantly down about yourself that's not going to entice people to want a LTR. 
  • Therapy for the confidence, but also this is just kind of what dating is sometimes. I think anyone that's dated much has gone through a series of a few dates ending in rejection. It takes time to find someone you click with.