Wedding Woes

Cheery Friday

I just noticed that my other post titles this week started with "dreary" and "weary".  Wanted to keep the rhyme going but for it to be a more upbeat adjective, lol.  Phew, I really am glad Friday is here.  Other than grading I don't have *too* many errands/chores, I piloted cleaning the bathroom and kitchen (their deep weekly scrub, not the daily upkeep) weeknights this week...just a welcome back bbq at the kids' school tomorrow and mass, a street fair and some prep cooking for the week on Sunday.  Hoping everyone else has some nice things, or relaxation, penciled in!

@Casadena how's everyone feeling?
@levioosa if you're lurking bc you're too busy to pop in I hope that work starts to relax at some point soon  :s

Re: Cheery Friday

• CharmedPamCharmedPam member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited September 2022
    That’s awesome news @charlotte989875! Tell Grandma’s they got him on days he can’t go!

I’m having major problems getting into my desktop via vpn and basically every wfh day I have to call I.T. to get in.  This morning, I didn’t care.  I went to the bank/coffee first.  I asked for a new laptop and my boss approved it but the head of I.T. pushed back and said “did you have someone look at it?”
    yeah.  Every wfh day. I’m at the point if they don’t want me to work - then I guess I won’t?
    edit; I’m in.  Sometimes it just takes 45 minutes to 1 hr of attempted tries.  nbd. 

• Medieval faire tomorrow for me, and someone is giving me some chickens.  And Sunday I got some pretty cupboard liners, and I'm going to clean my newly installed kitchen cabinets and put them in and finish putting on the doors.  And maybe start putting away the stuff so I don't have kitchen things in every room of my house.  

They come to measure the countertops today.  My contractor has done everything he can to make it easier for them, so I hope they didn't give us a hard time for not having the cabinet that is being made in.

• I may have given myself a mild concussion today.

While sorting laundry, I decided to swap towels in the bathroom. One was on the floor and when I went to get up, I thwacked my head on the door handle.

Because I cried and my sinuses are currently fucked up, I think my current headache is sinus related. I took meds for it. But good lord ... mornings are stupid.
  • @Casadena urg the lingering cough is such a nightmare :( 
  • Like a renfaire @kerbohl? Fun! Every year I say I’m going, but never go.  I think our closest one (Wisconsin) closed labor day weekend.  And live chickens? 
    @casadena how scary! Glad everything’s ok

i’m debating on getting the 5th shot. 3rd booster.  I skipped #2 because diabetics weren’t in the rush category.  Anyone getting the new booster? 

• I am fighting for my life at work but the last two days haven’t been horrific because I’ve had the other doctor here. I really hate being by myself. My schedule is supposed to change again, to 12-9 some days. The other NP will be here 9-5 so we’ll overlap. I have a feeling she’s going to hate it because she already hated covering a day before I got here. But I don’t think she has a choice. I am just so exhausted every day I’m by myself because I get slammed 9-5 and then if someone comes in after me they’ll have like four patients from 5-9 and it just feels incredibly unfair. 

H and I have a wedding this weekend and then I’m trying to surprise him with a staycation at our favorite local hotel for our 6 month anniversary next weekend. 

Otherwise SSDD. 

• Like a renfaire @kerbohl? Fun! Every year I say I’m going, but never go.  I think our closest one (Wisconsin) closed labor day weekend.  And live chickens? 

i’m debating on getting the 5th shot. 3rd booster.  I skipped #2 because diabetics weren’t in the rush category.  Anyone getting the new booster? 
    Absolutely getting it. It’s looking like it has great results and I don’t see any reason not to. I have a major vacation planned for end of year so im
    going to get it at the end of October in hopes of being very well protected for the trip. And I can’t get it right now anyway because it’s too close to my monkeypox shot. 
  • levioosa said:

H and I have a wedding this weekend and then I’m trying to surprise him with a staycation at our favorite local hotel for our 6 month anniversary next weekend. 

6 months! But you just got married!!!
    Sorry work is so overwhelming.  You really do need that downtime next weekend.  Hope you get in!

• Absolutely getting it. It’s looking like it has great results and I don’t see any reason not to. I have a major vacation planned for end of year so im
    going to get it at the end of October in hopes of being very well protected for the trip. And I can’t get it right now anyway because it’s too close to my monkeypox shot. 
    My thinking exactly.  What’s a reason not to, if I’m able? I guess I should schedule it some Monday coming up since, if I have any reaction, I can wfh Tuesday anyway. 

• Quiet Friday around here. We're planning on boating tomorrow. 

My anxiety has been flaring recently and it sucks.  I'm managing it OK, but intrusive and anxious thoughts wear me out.  I think it's because we've gone through so much change recently and now things are settling.  I always have an anxiety spike in the aftermath of a big change or event and things are calmer.   Also, I still struggle to trust good things as a part of the grieving process. 

Also, our friend M's ex-wife is being an utterly terrible person and is making decisions that will reverberate with the kids forever and seemingly doesn't care.  It's hard to see him going through this.  All we can do is be there for him and the fam.  

Anyway...SSDD otherwise.  Hoping I can start feeling better over the weekend. 
  • Poking my head up from work to check in!  It's been a crazy week with my co-worker leaving and our project assistant being on vacation.  Our training program starts up again next week with over 50 participants.  Lots of hiring going on.

Had the living room carpet and our recliners cleaned this morning.  Looks good and can't wait for it all to dry so we can move everything back.  My office and the bedroom have all the living room stuff in them.

Tomorrow I have an appointment at Verizon to get a new phone.  Upgrading from my iPhone 6s so it's time.  Hoping it's a smooth transition as I'm not changing our plan.  Then grocery shopping and maybe some errands.

Sunday we have church and then brunch with friends who are in town.  Late afternoon birthday dinner with my nephew who just turned 20.  How is that even possible??
  • So glad it's the weekend!

Chiquito's soccer game was rescheduled so now I have a soccer game for Chiquita tomorrow afternoon and then a hike with her Sunday.  If the weather is good I hope there's a boat ride in our future.   

I'm relieved after finding out a family member had early stage cervical cancer that it was entirely removed in her hysterectomy this week.  I made sure to schedule my annual within days of finding out and Chiquita just had the Gardasil vaccine last month.  We're doing what we can to prevent this. 

Yep!  We go to several each year.  So far we've only been to two - I missed "Pirates Fest" (which has some medieval elements) because I just didn't feel up to it, it was too hot.  But we have one tomorrow that is only 15 minutes away, and the one next week is huge and I'm looking forward to it.  I'm going with a friend of mine since hubby is busy and also not good company right now.  

And yes, live chickens.  My neighbours will be displeased, they called bylaw on me so many times when I had chickens.  But I'm registered so they can't do much.

Absolutely getting it. It’s looking like it has great results and I don’t see any reason not to. I have a major vacation planned for end of year so im
    We are going to get it in October also. They suggest not getting the flu shot into October so that it is effective throughout the flu season. We figure the same for the new Covid vaccine.
  • We are going to Chicago this weekend and returning on Tuesday. Since I leave for Vancouver on Wednesday, I'm starting to pack for that trip today. I need to clothes for 5 days plus toiletries in a carry-on. I don't have a direct flight so I don't want to risk my luggage not making it. Man, I hate doing carry on toiletries. I got some travel size containers to use. I use so many different skincare items it is ridiculous!

We will go to church with DD and family on Sunday. On Monday, H and I will watch the boys while DD attends a CME class. She couldn't get her nanny that day so we said we'd do it. (She works part time so doesn't have the nanny everyday). 

Had a nice lunch yesterday with my college friend and her husband. I never have really been around him because he graduated before I was at school (she is a year older than me so I saw him when he came back for events). It was really nice getting to know him a bit. It was like no time had passed with her and believe me a lot of time has passed. 

We are going to get it in October also. They suggest not getting the flu shot into October so that it is effective throughout the flu season. We figure the same for the new Covid vaccine.
    Getting mine with my flu shot in October.
  • Looks like rain is in the works. Not much going on. Still job hunting. Working on that test.