Wedding Etiquette Forum

No invites..

I'm getting married in 2 weeks. There's a few people that know I'm getting married, but my fiance and I have decided to just limit our ceremony to us and my children. And that's it. How do I politely let people know that we are not having guests at our wedding we are having an intimate ceremony with just us. I have people assuming that they are coming to our ceremony and I haven't even invited anybody. I don't know how to politely inform them that we are not having guests there without hurting anyone's feelings. Any input would be greatly appreciated thank you!

Re: No invites..

• I'm getting married in 2 weeks. There's a few people that know I'm getting married, but my fiance and I have decided to just limit our ceremony to us and my children. And that's it. How do I politely let people know that we are not having guests at our wedding we are having an intimate ceremony with just us. I have people assuming that they are coming to our ceremony and I haven't even invited anybody. I don't know how to politely inform them that we are not having guests there without hurting anyone's feelings. Any input would be greatly appreciated thank you!

I would think if people know you are marrying in two weeks, they should realize by now that no invitations are forthcoming.

You have no obligation to inform people of a non-invitation.  If someone asks, simply say you are having a small, intimate wedding. If you choose, you can send wedding announcements out immediately following your wedding.  Congratulations!
  • I would just say, if asked, that you and your fiance are having a small wedding and let it go at that. I wouldn't make an announcement to this effect before the wedding, but would just keep the plans to myself. After the wedding, you can send out wedding announcements.
  • "It's a very intimate wedding of just the two of us and our kids."