Wedding Woes

It’s Wednesday

SSDD for me.  I got sucked into a rabbit hole of fb ads for those create your own merch pages.  In the end I loved this one so much I bought one for my friend and I.  To be honest, it was the colors.  I love purple and green (my wedding colors).  I wanted to get the “we’re not sugar and spice” slogan but really - that sounded to bad ass for us.  We’re not like that. So I switched it to the black hat sisterhood, which is more “us”.  I was just fooling around on the site but after I created it, I couldn’t resist.  So I’ll use it as a water cup to get in my daily dose of H2O.  
Also, I need to stop shopping.  Like for realsies this time. 

Re: It’s Wednesday

• It’s demo day at the house and I’m absolutely not at all, actually completely totally freaking out now. It will all be fine but I can’t go into the office because we were all exposed to Covid at our offsite last week. I woke up at 4:30 with crazy dreams, couldn’t get back to sleep for an hour then M got up at 6.

I am the dog with everything burning around him saying “this is fine, this is fine”. 
  • So I've been managing to get BK to donate stuff and we've done the upstairs toys and another day I'll probably get her to do the downstairs toys.

I know she gets spoiled from family and M & I are personally dialing back on stuff in general, but knowing she'll get toys makes me wanna toss a bunch lol

Before anyone asks, it was pure fluke I rolled with.
    I got her a halloween tutu and she said she wanted to get rid of another tutu "for other kids" {that's how I explain donating stuff}
    So we went through her upstairs bin and I asked her after she decided, and had her physically put in the donation spot {aka a pile of stuff in our room that eventually I bag up and take to donation bin}

I may wait until next week to do the other bin of toys. I don't wanna push it and the other bin will likely be the "lets keep everything!" lol

I've gotta figure out getting my eyebrows waxed this week. I may swing by after work tomorrow.
    My coworker's wedding is Saturday :)
  • Mold is high and I have a pounding headache, my ears hurt, and I generally feel like poo.  That's with all my medicine.  But work is too busy for me to peace out for the day, so I'm just pushing through it.  

Otherwise, SSDD.  Me and another co-worker are tired of moral around here, so we're gathering a list of everyone's birthdays and we're going to start buying a sheet cake once/month to celebrate birthdays.  Our office has just been through so much with covid and then the absolute fiasco of the HR person that was brought in, and all of this stuff has gone by the wayside and it's baloney.  
  • @CharmedPam, those tumblers are so cute!  Purples and green (though emerald green) are two of my favorite colors.  Though teal is probably my favorite color.

@charlotte989875, that's such bad timing with not being able to go to the office at the same time the reno is going on at your house.  I hope you start feeling better.

@MissKittyDanger, you are teaching BK good lessons!  I wish I'd learned how to purge better at such a young age, lol.

@VarunaTT, I hope you start feeling better also.  That's so nice for you and your coworker to do!  Everyone should be given more appreciation at work.

We used to have a guy at my work who ran a wedding catering business on the side.  He was a saint!  He kept track of everyone's birthday and, a couple weeks before it was coming up, he would go to that person to find out what kind of cake they wanted.  Then he would bake it and bring it in.  We also got be his guinea pigs when he was trying a new recipe.  He would leave it in the break room with a note asking people to let him know their opinion.  He was laid off a few years ago (sniff, sniff).  The company only sends a monthly e-mail, with people's names that have a birthday that month.  Hardly surprising.  They are cheap asses here. 

I don't know if you all remember my story about the Powerade Thief, but there has been another odd turn of events with him.  The job he is doing for us is (I think) $2400.  We've paid him $800 and, of course, will also be subtracting an additional $400ish from the final bill for the unauthorized purchases he made on my Home Depot credit card.  The work is almost done, but not completed.  But now he blocked my H's number.  My H swears he didn't say anything to him about the theft and made sure to act normal.  He has no idea why this guy would block him, especially since we do owe him money.

On the bright side, the other handyman who is replacing the drywall said he would be able to finish the work.  We're just waiting on a quote from him for that.  So, as PO'ed as I am about the thieving guy, we might come out ahead on this.  It's just so weird he blocked us when we owe him money and for reasons we don't understand.  Did he just get busy/get a better paying job and decided he didn't want to finish the work?  And isn't worried that he didn't get paid enough for the work he did do.  But since he is obviously so shady, it also makes me a little worried that there is something else going on that we haven't discovered yet.  
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I love that she wants to give it to other kids @MissKittyDanger
    @charlotte989875 GL on the reno. May it not get in the way of things
    @short+sassy that is so weird that he blocked H.  Maybe he wonders why you haven’t said anything yet and he knows his time is nearing?  So odd! I’m 11 years in my company come November! In December I get more precious precious vacation days and I think (if we’re still doing it) a link to a 10 year company gift.  My luggage is all beat up so I’m waiting to see those options. 

• I'm watching the hurricane coverage as there are updates.  My boss' boss and the president of our co both have houses in FL and as one of them said, "This is why we have insurance," it is still a harsh reality that this is the kind of blow that mother nature can hit.  My brother's Godmother is in the Tampa area and lives in a mobile home so she got the heck out yesterday. 

• Safest vibes to anyone with family in the hurricane's path

Ugh @charlotte989875 that's a lot!  I hope you get better sleep tonight and that things begin to improve
    That's nice about the monthly sheetcakes @VarunaTT

Had a big curveball thrown my way at work.  It'll be fine after I adjust, but I'm still dazed.  SSDD on the homefront though so can't really complain.
  • I love that she wants to give it to other kids @MissKittyDanger
    @charlotte989875 GL on the reno. May it not get in the way of things
    @short+sassy that is so weird that he blocked H.  Maybe he wonders why you haven’t said anything yet and he knows his time is nearing?  So odd! I’m 11 years in my company come November! In December I get more precious precious vacation days and I think (if we’re still doing it) a link to a 10 year company gift.  My luggage is all beat up so I’m waiting to see those options. 
    Yes!  Nice!

My work gives everyone 3 weeks of vacation.  But never adds any more days, no matter how long you have worked here.  Meh.  I feel like at 5 or 10 years, people should get one more week.  That would be sweet to have a whole month of vacation time.

They have an annual lunch where people hitting their next 5 or 10 year mark are invited.  They give the same gift to everyone at a particular "level" of time, with the longer the time is, the better the gift is.  But I remember all the gifts being company swag stuff.

I had a former coworker whose aunt had a government job with the State of Louisiana for 25 years.  I don't know how much vacation time she got each year, but it was probably a lot.  She didn't use her vacation time very often and it rolled over indefinitely.  By the time she was approaching Year 24, she had about one year of vacation time saved up.  She talked to HR and said she wanted to "officially" retire at 25 years, but wanted to take her vacation time for the last year.  It was totally fine and allowed, so that was what she did.  I wish, lol!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Yeah pur max is 208 hrs a year. 8 hrs a paycheck. My aunt gets like 8 weeks! She’s been at her company for over 40 years. Right out of college.  But that’s Canada for you.  Don’t even get me started on the Canadian holiday pay!!!

I forgot to add, we so get a plaque. Lol.

the storm looks awful.  Just saw a news clip of it at my appt.  Stay safe if you’re in that path.  I agree @banana468, insurance or not - that’s your home!

• @short+sassy it was genuinely unplanned. I usually go in, bag some stuff, hide it and if she doesn't ask for in in 3 months - it's gone.
    I think it's because she sees me donating stuff and even when she grows out of stuff too